First thing to do when you get FIFA 09?

MadsenDK1987

League 2
21 April 2008
Frederikshavn, Denmark
Aalborg BK/Liverpool FC
I think there was started a similar thread last year, when the game was released.
So what is the first thing you are going to do, when you have put the game in your console/PC?

The first thing I am doing is to check out my team (Aalborg BK) player stats and then change the formation to the way they are playing.
Then I am going to play our next Champions League Match (home against the Mighty Man United) in a 10x10 mins match and beat the crap out of them on World Class with all on Full Manual.

:DANCE:

Derby match between Liverpool and Everton, then go to the Prem teams and adjust tactics to what I'm aware of them playing like.

Then visit Evo-Web and have a moan about something or other, and see if anyone has uploaded slider settings for team tactics.

:DD

Check out MM and sniff a little tear up because nothings new, pray they have weather, night and day and Wembley final games and crash headlong into MM career. Then follow Dags onto Evo to see just how "fecking great" FIFA 09 is according to Chris ;)) and check out all the FIFA haters moans...

1. Delete the demo and trailer.

2. Play the game. First friendly Liverpool FC vs Manchester United (CPU).

3. Play a game against a friend.

4. Play both a ranked and unranked online game.

5. Play a 10v10 Be A Pro online game.

6. Start Manager Mode.

:)

Test out stuff in the Arena to see if they've added stuff. Then go onto United V Liverpool and after that go on Evo Web to see if theres any tactical sliders for teams. :DD

1) Delete the demo and trailer.

2) Go through all the "EA Trax", taking out the rubbish and leaving in the good ones (I've already got "The Airborne Toxic Event - Gasoline" going around my head 24/7).

3) Put all my settings in (I'll experiment with 5/6 minute matches, set the controls to classic but with LB/LT swapped, and turn the crowd volume down so that I can hear the commentators).

4) Try a friendly; Bolton at home against Tranmere (me) away, on professional. Then same again on world class. Then Liverpool (me) v Everton on whichever difficulty feels right.

5) Try a friendly against human opposition; Man Utd (TT 2006) v Man City (me), then Liverpool (TT 2006) v Tranmere (me). Then random Premier League teams from then on to check out all the likenesses (TT will go Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Newcastle, I will go Arsenal, Aston Villa and Tottenham - to make sure the Live Season update has made them utter rubbish).

6) Start a manager mode game with Liverpool, then one with Tranmere, to see if anything's changed.

7) Fiddle with Be A Pro offline.

8) Fiddle with Be A Pro online, if anyone's online.

9) By this point I'm hoping I'll have a hint which tactics I like, so I'll try setting them up and storing them to use online.

10) And finally, because I'll be getting the game to review as an FSB member a few days early, I'll type my impressions up of all of the above, as well as videoing a few things. Which will take hours. And will drain me, as I sit there thinking, "why do I have to do this, I just want to play the game again..."

First thing I'll do will be to turn off music completely, then probably a 2x10 mins Steel City Derby on Professional.

Check out MM and sniff a little tear up because nothings new, pray they have weather, night and day and Wembley final games and crash headlong into MM career.

No night matches in manager mode, confirmed by EA :(

If you want it in detail like Chris:

1) Put game on desk
2) Make breakfast
3) Eat breakfast
4) Shower
5) Put game in
6) Milan v Inter
7) Milan v Arsenal (human)
8) Impressions on EW

I will update this post after the game is out ......

1) Training session, see how the controls differ from the demo, work out a few more tricks
2) Manchester United vs Arsenal on professional
3) Colchester United vs Ipswich Town on professional
4) One of the major European teams vs another major club on World Class
5) Have a look at Manager Mode, probably with Colchester United
6) Check out online mode
7) Lots of random games with random teams with whichever difficulty setting I enjoyed most
8) Straight on here and write a review. I am a writer in real life so I aim to give a good, unbiased account of the PC version.

well when I get it hopefully there will be some people online so I will go straight for a ranked match aswell as making my FIFA club team :)

1) Get home from uni
2) Buy the game
3) Have a maccy D's
4) Go home
5) Shower
6) Put game in
7) turn off all the shit pop music and hip-hop ( prob all the music then)
8) set up a friendly between the best 2 teams in the prem league on world class ( Man utd v Arsenal )
9) see whats new online

Last edited:
1) Change arena player to Cristiano Ronaldo and look through the arena styles.
2) Take some free kicks in the arena (and hope the curl is sorted)
3) Coventry v Aston Villa friendly,slow speed, all manual, 5 min halves (and hope the Coventry player ratings are accurate and the match isn't at Estadio de las Fucking Artes)
4) Play a single player BAP match as Ronaldo at Old Trafford against Arsenal
5) Check Evo-Web for a couple of mins, see people's views on the game
6) Play a fully manual unranked online match (it has been said that you can limit the control type your opponent uses)
7) Play a 10v10 BAP match (and hope that proper football is played)
8) Ask someone on Evo-Web if they want a game
9) Start a Manager Mode
10) Go to bed at about 2AM after so long of playing the game.

I have it all planned! :DD

3) Coventry v Aston Villa friendly,slow speed, all manual, 5 min halves (and hope the Coventry player ratings are accurate and the match isn't at Estadio de las Fucking Artes)

You not liking the default speed then?

How hard can it be to put that in?...:MAD:

Their excuse was creating day/dusk/night for every stadium is a vast amount of work, currently only certain stadiums have night so they figured if some midweek matches were night and some weren't it'd be an odd imbalance thus they go with no night, I think I can speak for everytone when I say we'd rather have some night matches even if it's only for 1/4 of stadiums, right?

Their excuse was creating day/dusk/night for every stadium is a vast amount of work, currently only certain stadiums have night so they figured if some midweek matches were night and some weren't it'd be an odd imbalance thus they go with no night, I think I can speak for everytone when I say we'd rather have some night matches even if it's only for 1/4 of stadiums, right?

Damn straight...:TU:

Hopefully have some friends around for some human opposition, if not I will start off with a Sunderland - Newcastle derby before diving into Manager Mode.

Back
Top Bottom