First arcade game you ever played?

all those old arcade machines are great but very expensive , i wouldn't dash out that much and they take up loads of space.

How much did that set you back? Sounds Brilliant!!

it was £750, plus another £70 postage to northern ireland. worth every penny though!!

here is where i bought it from:

http://www.arcadecabinets.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=32

edit: i've also got it running the entire collection of master system, nes, snes, megadrive, old atari, daphne, visual pinball, psx, ps2, n64, dreamcast and even a jukebox!

it really is the envy of all my mates!

Last edited:
Another arcade gem i just remembered - 4 player arcade heaven in the form of Gaunlet!

it was £750, plus another £70 postage to northern ireland. worth every penny though!!

here is where i bought it from:

http://www.arcadecabinets.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=32

edit: i've also got it running the entire collection of master system, nes, snes, megadrive, old atari, daphne, visual pinball, psx, ps2, n64, dreamcast and even a jukebox!

it really is the envy of all my mates!

can you explain this some more, did you just hook a pc to it, and run in emulation mode.. im not following how you get the various sytems to work...

My earliest memory was in a pub on a table top arcade machine playing Galaga circa 1985, putting in 5 pounds and subsequently getting pulled away from said machine after just a couple of games and getting smacked multiple times afterwards for putting so much money:

galagawave.jpg

The smacking was the least of my woes, it was the sheer horror of getting pulled away mid-game, my little ship no longer piloted; abondoned in the depths of space; seeing it crash head on with a random circulating blue fly and absolutely nothing I could do about it. It was horrible and still haunts me to this day.

can you explain this some more, did you just hook a pc to it, and run in emulation mode.. im not following how you get the various sytems to work...

yeah, that's exactly what i did.

there is a bay for a pc built into the cabinet, but i dismantled the pc, and reassembled it inside the cabinet (screwed into the wood).

all the systems run off emulators (see maximus arcade) which use a front-end that automatically boots when i turn the cabinet on. the dreamcast is the only one where i have actually installed the console inside the cabinet (the DC emu isn't great, although it does run a few games) and i just use my DC pads to play those games.

here is a video of the front-end i'm using and this is pretty identical to my setup...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B1hOz1CaZO0

here's another:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9-xVc0U2LyY

AllTurd Beast lol awesome

Still funny when they power up for the 3rd time and have tiny undies still on - oh and alwaysa funny one when you have 2 players become the bear and you can make them both do an attack where it looks like they're bumming away. Well it was funny years ago... today not so

God! The first game I ever played was at home in an old Atari. Pacman, and some shooter, where the ship was composed of 6 pixels in total! :LOL:

But on the arcades it must be Final Fight, Mortal Kombat, Street Figther 2.

On a more recent note, Virtua Tennis must be the game I played the most on Arcades, that and Point Blank!

You were lucky to have a hoop! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road and we'd 'ave asked for a hoop our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

You were lucky to have a hoop! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road and we'd 'ave asked for a hoop our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

DId you have hiccups when you wrote that?

The first one I remember was the original Ridge Racer that they had in a bowling alley in our town.

The machine with the multiple screens and all sorts, massive thing. I want one, badly.

I remember playing pong on holiday in greece with the screen being in a "table". Offcourse you could see f$%k all with sun reflecting off the glass. Remember playing street fighter aswell in france. Think I played on the nes/master system before an arcade game.

I'm so jealous of you MJ! :w00t:

I think the first game I actually played in an arcade was either Pac Man or Street Fighter 2. They were sexual back in the day.

yeah, that's exactly what i did.

there is a bay for a pc built into the cabinet, but i dismantled the pc, and reassembled it inside the cabinet (screwed into the wood).

all the systems run off emulators (see maximus arcade) which use a front-end that automatically boots when i turn the cabinet on. the dreamcast is the only one where i have actually installed the console inside the cabinet (the DC emu isn't great, although it does run a few games) and i just use my DC pads to play those games.

here is a video of the front-end i'm using and this is pretty identical to my setup...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B1hOz1CaZO0

here's another:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9-xVc0U2LyY

Right MJ

I am bored and when im bored i do things like this :LOL:

Can i just run this on a normal PC?

If you mean M.A.M.E. then yes, it can run off your PC and play arcade games fine.

OMG I will have to look into how to install this on my PC, it looks fucking awesome!!

BTW the first arcade machine i remember playing was Asteriods, but not the stand up version, oh no, I played it on a table top version!! Like this:

Asteroids%20-%20Cocktail.jpg

How retro is that?

Last edited:
Maximus Arcade (MA) is PC based software that allows for seamless interaction with multiple arcade and console emulators while keeping the Windows environment hidden. Although best suited for use in arcade cabinets, it can be configured for use in a kiosk or simply running on a computer with a keyboard, trackball, or gamepad.

It's easy to setup and it doesn't require any additional framework to function. The download contains both the emulator frontend and the skin editor. For more information on how MA works please view the documentation area. To view what has changed in this version view the history area.

Supported emulator systems include:

* Built-in Adobe Flash Player
* Built-in Screensaver
* 3DO
* Atari 2600
* Atari 5200
* Atari 7800
* Atari Jaguar
* Atari Lynx
* Bandai Wonderswan Color
* Batch Files
* Coleco ColecoVision
* Commodore 64
* Commodore 128
* Commodore Amiga
* Daphne
* Future Pinball
* GCE Vectrex
* Kawaks
* Magnavox Odyssey2
* MAME
* Mattel Intellivision
* Nebula

* NEC PC Engine
* NEC Turbo-Grafx-16
* Nintendo Entertainment System
* Nintendo Super NES
* Nintendo 64
* Nintendo Gameboy
* Nintendo Gameboy Color
* Nintendo Gameboy Advance
* Raine
* Sega Genesis
* Sega 32X
* Sega CD
* Sega Master System
* Sega Game Gear
* Sega Dreamcast
* SNK Neo-Geo
* SNK Neo-Geo Pocket
* SNK Neo-Geo Pocket Color
* Sony Playstation
* Visual Pinball
* Windows Media Player
* ZINC

Yeah i tried it be couldn't be arsed downloading every single emu separately

Would you actually play every single emu? Surely only about five are worth having?

Right MJ

I am bored and when im bored i do things like this :LOL:

Can i just run this on a normal PC?

you certainly can, daz!

everything you see in those videos is just a pc hooked upto a proper monitor, but you can also just play it on a normal pc monitor, but you won't get that authentic 'aracde' feel. although, there are options to add scanlines and such to make it look more realisic, ala the '80s...

you can buy proper 2-player arcade sticks, which is what i started off with a few years ago...

see this link: http://www.xgaming.com/two-player.s...mctr=x-arcade stick&__utmv=-&__utmk=243769221

i think ultimarc or gremlin solutions sell them in the UK...

that will get you started at least...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom