27 April 2002
Lets talk oldschool gaming

My first ever go on a game was the Arcade version of Block Breaker

but as time progressed they changed into Tumblepop and Snow Bros :LOL:

tumb0018.jpeg

sb.png

and after them things like Street fighter and Mortal Kombat

Last edited:
I didn't really play arcade games, I thought they were a bit crap. Still think they're crap, but when we were on holiday in God-awful places they would have one or two. It was probably Pacman or Dig Dug, something really ancient.

The ones that stick out are - Final fight and Street Fighter.

In Primary School - there was a chip shop across the road - as soon as school finished there would be about 15 of us all crammed around the Arcade machines. They had Final Fight and street Fighter. It was when You could only be a couple of characters in Street Fighter aswell - Ryu Ken - and I think there was another? Can't remember now (Might be imagining it)

Those were good days :DD

I remember when we went on school trips to France and had to go on the ferry we would all race to the Time Crisis machine in the arcade and stay on it for the whole trip! One time I was watching my mates on it, they had literally nearly completed it, but one of them died, but had ran out of coins to put in, so I jumped in there stuck a 50p in, took like 1 shot, then completed the game and put my name in the high scores bit! :DD

The ones that stick out are - Final fight and Street Fighter.

In Primary School - there was a chip shop across the road - as soon as school finished there would be about 15 of us all crammed around the Arcade machines. They had Final Fight and street Fighter. It was when You could only be a couple of characters in Street Fighter aswell - Ryu Ken - and I think there was another? Can't remember now (Might be imagining it)

Those were good days :DD

Are you talking about the real first Street Fighter game? The one with the huge red pad you punched to attack?

That was bloody hard work that arcade game

A racing game, Super Sprint or something maybe it was called. Other than that I remember TMNT, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Final Fight. Funny I remember those as I've never been a huge fighting-game fan.

The first I remember

Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
250px-Cadillacs_and_Dinosaurs_Capcom.PNG

Now there is two things that worked together.

But my favorite was a Simpsons one that we could play with four simultaneous, something not very common back there

Last edited:
At the swimming pool where I used to have lessons my mate and I always wanted to play on Double Dragon.
After that it was possibly Mario (at a diner in Florida).

I remember going to a funfair when I was a kid and being mesmerised by the arcade section. They had WWF Royal Rumble (with Big Boss Man & the Million Dollar Man), TMNT, Afterburner and about 5 others, as well as far too many fruit machines.

Best fighting game ever. Even on MAME it's still a good game today :)

Royal Rumble was brilliant - I went to Italy in my first year of Secondary school and they had the Royal Rumble Arcade machine next to our Hotel.

Bringing back fond memories :DD

you guys are all still wet behind the ears!

the first one i remember playing was asteroids (1981)

asteroids.jpg

the first one i remember playing to death was track & field (1983)

250px-Track_&_Field_title.png

...and the first one i ever completed (albeat with the 'elbow trick') was double dragon (1987)

double_dragon.gif

Royal Rumble and Simpsons i remember playing in the Arcades on Holiday :LOL:

i was only born in 81!

I remember playing double dragon - that was great - makes me think we need a next gen side scrolling beat em up revival

I remember playing Track & Field, love that game :)

No idea how old I was when I first played it tho, nor which games was my actual first arcade game and what year. I'm just mentioning ones which spring to mind of me playing quite early on.

I'm sure I remember playing Tapper pretty early on too :)

I used to love playing Daytona & Virtua Cop down at our local Megabowl. I couldn't get on with Sega Rally.
They used to have an Aliens game that had 2 big machine guns, that wasn't too bad. I hated the Terminator version though, it was just crap. I only played it because I'm a huge fan (my avatar might give that away though!)

When I was at school - I'm 25 now, several of us used to go up the Broadway (Bexleyheath) to an Arcade. It was really smokey due to all the old boys who were on the fruities. We'd gang round Virtua Striker for ages. Couldn't understand the kids who'd be glued to Marvel vs Capcom though. You had to have a spas attack to pull off the combos!

It's scary thinking about how much money was wasted on them!!

some of you guys may already know, but i have recently invested in a brand new, stand-up, 2-player arcade cabinet, complete with 29" arcade monitor.

i have the entire mame collection installed onto it - all 25 dvds worth! every single arcade game EVER!!

me and my mates have had some fecking awesome nights in with a crate of beer and a bit of nostalgia!

current favourites are 'flying shark', 'snow bros' and 'wonderboy'...

some of you guys may already know, but i have recently invested in a brand new, stand-up, 2-player arcade cabinet, complete with 29" arcade monitor.

i have the entire mame collection installed onto it - all 25 dvds worth! every single arcade game EVER!!

me and my mates have had some fecking awesome nights in with a crate of beer and a bit of nostalgia!

How much did that set you back? Sounds Brilliant!!

Snow Bros and Wonderboy take me back, great games :)

That was one of my first games i played as i mentioned above

Wonderboy and Golden Axe need a mention as well :))

Back
Top Bottom