FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

I see some people here talking about variety and how better Fifa is.I have both games.I play both but Pes more.Yes Fifa has more variety in shooting and is better in general in that aspect but that's about it.At passing and most other things Fifa's animations are rushed and complete faster than they should and for this reason they look and feel flickering and epileptic.They just don't execute naturally.Most passing animations feel like the player doesn't even move his foot and the pass is made automatically on it's own.Is this shit realistic..?C'mon now...
And what variety exactly??Pes has different arm movement,running styles,corner kick styles etc and better player individuality in general.In Fifa they all feel the same,they added Ronaldo running style and even that they messed up because he only accelerates like this in real life,not running all the time like this like they made it in the game lol.
Foot size/Ball size ratio is wrong in Fifa and in most situations the ball looks small like a futsal ball.In Pes the size is great and the ball looks stunning.I play on -1 speed and every pass and movement has a realistic feel of wheight on it and these animations complete naturally and fluidly,not rushed and flashy.You can dribble opponets with the momentum of body movement and wrong foot them.In Fifa you can hardly dribble unless you start doing shitty flicks and tricks.
In general Pes just smells football...Fifa smells more like grass hockey.I have spent many time trying to play with sliders and have a better result but then players start jogging and shit and other weird animations occur if you try to lower speed,acceleration etc.Fifa's mechanics are just build this way,for fast paced arcadey football and flashy reactions and animations and unfortunatelly you can't fix this shit with just sliders,it just makes things even weirder.Also night lighting is a joke and the person who thought it's realistic and made it like this must be fired.
I still play it sometimes for a change,i'm not a hater.But if i see a game in the near future moving towards a more realistic and sim route this is definatelly Pes cause Fifa seems to care more for Fut kiddies.
Pes is not near perfect,it has flaws with the biggest of them to be some outdated shooting physics but atleast i see them trying every year to improve and evolve cause they know that gameplay is their biggest weapon and only hope to achieve something.On the other hand EA knows that even if they don't do shit,they'll still sell millions copies cause people are sheep and go with the mass and buy what everyone plays...

+1000

Both games are a bit of a mess really. They've been tinkered with too much. Both games need to be rebuilt from the ground up.
100% this. Both games have 5-10 years' worth of old code in there, bodged and tweaked and "improved".

Hardware has moved on a lot, with the PS4 Pro / Xbox One X. It'd be good to have a game that takes advantage of every ounce of power. Instead of just going "look how shiny we can make sweaty foreheads now".

I see some people here talking about variety and how better Fifa is.I have both games.I play both but Pes more.Yes Fifa has more variety in shooting and is better in general in that aspect but that's about it.At passing and most other things Fifa's animations are rushed and complete faster than they should and for this reason they look and feel flickering and epileptic.They just don't execute naturally.Most passing animations feel like the player doesn't even move his foot and the pass is made automatically on it's own.Is this shit realistic..?C'mon now...
And what variety exactly??Pes has different arm movement,running styles,corner kick styles etc and better player individuality in general.In Fifa they all feel the same,they added Ronaldo running style and even that they messed up because he only accelerates like this in real life,not running all the time like this like they made it in the game lol.
Foot size/Ball size ratio is wrong in Fifa and in most situations the ball looks small like a futsal ball.In Pes the size is great and the ball looks stunning.I play on -1 speed and every pass and movement has a realistic feel of wheight on it and these animations complete naturally and fluidly,not rushed and flashy.You can dribble opponets with the momentum of body movement and wrong foot them.In Fifa you can hardly dribble unless you start doing shitty flicks and tricks.
In general Pes just smells football...Fifa smells more like grass hockey.I have spent many time trying to play with sliders and have a better result but then players start jogging and shit and other weird animations occur if you try to lower speed,acceleration etc.Fifa's mechanics are just build this way,for fast paced arcadey football and flashy reactions and animations and unfortunatelly you can't fix this shit with just sliders,it just makes things even weirder.Also night lighting is a joke and the person who thought it's realistic and made it like this must be fired.
I still play it sometimes for a change,i'm not a hater.But if i see a game in the near future moving towards a more realistic and sim route this is definatelly Pes cause Fifa seems to care more for Fut kiddies.
Pes is not near perfect,it has flaws with the biggest of them to be some outdated shooting physics but atleast i see them trying every year to improve and evolve cause they know that gameplay is their biggest weapon and only hope to achieve something.On the other hand EA knows that even if they don't do shit,they'll still sell millions copies cause people are sheep and go with the mass and buy what everyone plays...
Complete nonsense in every way, obviously you dont like the game but FIFA is miles ahead on the pitch in terms of animations and player individuality. In PES, besides the top 1%, every player is the same, shoots the same, passes the same. Every game is end to end nonsense with wide open spaces. There are videos on twitter of goalkeepers dribbling through defences and performing scissor kicks. On top of the poor repetitive gameplay the package as a whole is poor, poor presentation, poor master league mode , poor atmosphere. I've said it before and i will say it again PES has to be streets ahead of FIFA on the pitch to compete with it on sales due to how poor it is as a package but it isnt in fact its lagging behind massively in my view.

Complete nonsense in every way
Everyone's entitled to an opinion, let's not be insulting.

All I'll say is that when I read "the ball's too small" and "it doesn't smell like football", I felt like - as you say - it wasn't someone who's really given it a fair chance...

Complete nonsense in every way, obviously you dont like the game but FIFA is miles ahead on the pitch in terms of animations and player individuality. In PES, besides the top 1%, every player is the same, shoots the same, passes the same. Every game is end to end nonsense with wide open spaces. There are videos on twitter of goalkeepers dribbling through defences and performing scissor kicks. On top of the poor repetitive gameplay the package as a whole is poor, poor presentation, poor master league mode , poor atmosphere. I've said it before and i will say it again PES has to be streets ahead of FIFA on the pitch to compete with it on sales due to how poor it is as a package but it isnt in fact its lagging behind massively in my view.
Well obviously you also don't like Pes and haven't given it enough time so don't accuse me for something you're doing yourself.Team and player individuality was always a key point for Pes,everybody knows this.If you set up the strategies and tactics right and you play -1 speed it's nowhere end to end,it has midfield battle and plays good enough.In fact most people i see here say Fifa is end to end.Also don't start with this bullshit videos.I dare you to play Superstar and take the ball with your keeper,go past all the field and score,it won't happen.Superstar is more difficult than Fifa in Legendary,anybody who plays both games knows this.
I didn't say Fifa is garbage,just pointed out some of it's flaws like many people here and on EA forums have done and bashing the game,i don't agree with them,i don't think it'so bad like people saying.
In fact i find myself having the same reaction with both games,when i play some matches on either one then i say 'what is this shit?' and i put the other one to play.Maybe i pay too much attention on negatives but it's there..Both games have positives and negatives but you're talking about Fifa like it's a flawless super duper simulation of football when it's clearly not.Neither is Pes.They both have to do some big changes in the near future but i don't have big hopes cause the bullshit online money milking factor seems to be a higher priority than actually improve the game gameplaywise sadly.Online is slowly killing the gameplay and the realism.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, let's not be insulting.

All I'll say is that when I read "the ball's too small" and "it doesn't smell like football", I felt like - as you say - it wasn't someone who's really given it a fair chance...
Ball IS smaller for some reason since they introduced Frostbite.Until 16 it was normal.Many people have mentioned this also Matt10 in his videos.We're not blind.It's not a gamebreaker but it surely looks weird especially in certain stadiums and cameras and there was no reason at all for them to make this change.

:TU:

Ball IS smaller...

There are various balls in Fifa 18. I sometimes get confused, as I'm not a native speaker, should I call them in the singular or in the plural?
As far as I'm learned, we'd better call something in the plural, when it is unspecified.
So IMO, "Balls ARE..." would be more proper. Am I right?

Last edited:
:TU:

There are various balls in Fifa 18. I sometimes get confused, as I'm not a native speaker, should I call them in the singular or in the plural?
As far as I'm learned, we'd better call something in the plural, when it is unspecified.
So IMO, "Balls ARE..." would be more proper. Am I right?
All ball types have the same smaller size in this game.So generally speaking...THE BALL IS SMALLER!!:SMOKIN:

Sorry to disappoint you lads but I'm afraid that neither FIFA nor PES will be switching engine anytime soon.
FIFA moved from whatever engine it had been using up until FIFA 13 to IGNITE and only kept that one for 3 years, from FIFA 14 to FIFA 16. This is the second year of FrostBite and it's pretty clear that they haven't really juiced it up as much as they'd hoped so. So I'd say that they'll keep using it for at least another 2 years.

Meanwhile, over the PES side of things, Adam has already said earlier this year (in a Podcast if I recall) that now that they are happy with the direction PES is going and how the game looks/moves, it wouldn't make sense to get a new engine and start over, with all the implications and complications that would bring. Plus, PES 2018 is, supposedly, the start of a new 3 year cycle that is promising (according to Adam). So, if it's the start of something, and it's using the same engine, we can deduce that the next 2 years will keep using the FOX ENGINE.

Well obviously you also don't like Pes and haven't given it enough time so don't accuse me for something you're doing yourself.Team and player individuality was always a key point for Pes,everybody knows this.If you set up the strategies and tactics right and you play -1 speed it's nowhere end to end,it has midfield battle and plays good enough.In fact most people i see here say Fifa is end to end.Also don't start with this bullshit videos.I dare you to play Superstar and take the ball with your keeper,go past all the field and score,it won't happen.Superstar is more difficult than Fifa in Legendary,anybody who plays both games knows this.
I didn't say Fifa is garbage,just pointed out some of it's flaws like many people here and on EA forums have done and bashing the game,i don't agree with them,i don't think it'so bad like people saying.
In fact i find myself having the same reaction with both games,when i play some matches on either one then i say 'what is this shit?' and i put the other one to play.Maybe i pay too much attention on negatives but it's there..Both games have positives and negatives but you're talking about Fifa like it's a flawless super duper simulation of football when it's clearly not.Neither is Pes.They both have to do some big changes in the near future but i don't have big hopes cause the bullshit online money milking factor seems to be a higher priority than actually improve the game gameplaywise sadly.Online is slowly killing the gameplay and the realism.
pes 17 was my game of choice all year , pes 18 beta was good , I gave pes 4 weeks full on plus latest patches , it hasn't moved on in fact it's gone back a step from 17.i would say that's a fair chance. I enjoy fifa 18, imo it's the best football game there has been ..my opinion.

Sorry to disappoint you lads but I'm afraid that neither FIFA nor PES will be switching engine anytime soon.
FIFA moved from whatever engine it had been using up until FIFA 13 to IGNITE and only kept that one for 3 years, from FIFA 14 to FIFA 16. This is the second year of FrostBite and it's pretty clear that they haven't really juiced it up as much as they'd hoped so. So I'd say that they'll keep using it for at least another 2 years.

Meanwhile, over the PES side of things, Adam has already said earlier this year (in a Podcast if I recall) that now that they are happy with the direction PES is going and how the game looks/moves, it wouldn't make sense to get a new engine and start over, with all the implications and complications that would bring. Plus, PES 2018 is, supposedly, the start of a new 3 year cycle that is promising (according to Adam). So, if it's the start of something, and it's using the same engine, we can deduce that the next 2 years will keep using the FOX ENGINE.
I think that if online didn't exist we would have more realistic gameplay in both games even with the current engines.But because of the online being a money milking cow for them they insist keeping arcade elements and fast very responsive 'fun' gameplay because they know most people especially youngs just want a fast fancy game and opening packs and making super teams.If they make it more sim it would be heavier,more error,more difficult etc.We who like a realistic sim experience would like it very much but many people who want something not so complicated but more simplistic would be fed up and stop playing and start crying to EA and KONAMI.
Look at Pes 14,it's still maybe the most sim football game to date,i loved it.But most people who are casuals and noobs hated it and started complaining to KONAMI and then they made Pes 15 totally different,an arcade lie again and people start cheering them.Same with Fifa 16,demo was very good and first release you could feel their moto 'play beautiful',then noobs started complaining once again and they patched it and made more arcady.
The thing i want to say is that we don't have good enough sim football games yet not only because they don't develop a new engine or don't take advantage as much as they can from the current hardware.Another big reason is that most people who play their games don't want something hard to learn and complicated but instead prefer something they can just pick up and play.
Here comes the factor that if a company truly has balls in their pants,they release a great realistic sim game(because it's based on a real subject like football) and say 'fuck y'all! we released a great game like a truly football game should be and you can't say shit to us. if you don't like playing realistic football don't buy it.' But they prefer to have money in their pants rather than balls lol.:D

pes 17 was my game of choice all year , pes 18 beta was good , I gave pes 4 weeks full on plus latest patches , it hasn't moved on in fact it's gone back a step from 17.i would say that's a fair chance. I enjoy fifa 18, imo it's the best football game there has been ..my opinion.
I don't agree in any means that Pes 17 was and is better than Pes 18,just no.But that's just my opinion..Like a wise man said 'opinions are like buttholes..everybody has one.':D
I also still play Fifa from time to time and when i try to see the glass half full with it i must say i kinda enjoy it myself.

superstar is far from being difficult .In pes18 you can easly dribble 50 meters and score goal with 65 rated player and nobody will stop you- on youtube you will find many videos.Dribble issue is in both games , in pes in extremly easy to dribble somebody because lack of agression , in fifa you will find magnetissing defenders but somehow for me is easier to accept this problem in fifa than in pro evo. Lack of individuality is another problem in pes18 , no need to talk again about it coz everbody knows this issue . Yes, fifa 18 is end to end but at least there is big difference in teams tactic. Some teams prefer slow football and some like to spam you with long balls .

In pes every match is the same like in old fifa's , long ball spam and scripted tiki taka where 60 rated player is better passer than Veratti in real life. I gettin bored after one pes match. When it comes to animations , in fifa you will find much more variety of animations but in pro evo it looks more natural. In Proevo18 i like ball physic , player models and some fluid animations. I think last decent pes was Pro evo 11 , i remember that i finished one and half seasson in master league . In 17 and 18 i getting bored after 3-4 matches in ML.

Last edited:
Apologies, small rant from a long time footie gamer: neither company cares one f*cking iota about single player anymore.

I played PES 17 and kind of enjoyed it at the start, but in all honestly career mode is an absolute car crash of scripting. Which is all I'm really in it for these days. So fine, switch back to FIFA this year. First week of just exhibitions - man this is good! Some great variety of goals, real individuality between players - okay let's commit!

Start a career mode. It's all gone. Everything I liked about it. I just had Joe Allen shove Paul Pogba off the ball, not once, not twice but three times in a half. Watched in awe as the West Ham's Hernandez out-muscled Marcus Rojo on a long ball outside the box, brought it down and then scored off one shot. Witness two consecutive matches where I had literally 20 shots, and drew each match 1-1 having hit the post 3 times in each.

It's farcical. Listen - I know it's hard to make a challenging football game - that is abundantly clear by what an absolutely abysmal job has been done in the last decade. But don't insult our intelligence. There's quite clearly a setting somewhere in there that says - in both games - f*ck stats, f*ck players, f*ck it all, let's make it hard by making the user-controlled players have a lobotomy and make the CPU controlled players take the Russian-doping-train. It's so piss poor.

Okay rant over, I can't believe I paid for a game this year if anyone sees me this time next year refer me to the 'Other Games' thread where developers actually code well.

superstar is far from being difficult .In pes18 you can easly dribble 50 meters and score goal with 65 rated player and nobody will stop you- on youtube you will find many videos.Dribble issue is in both games , in pes in extremly easy to dribble somebody because lack of agression , in fifa you will find magnetissing defenders but somehow for me is easier to accept this problem in fifa than is pro evo. Lack of individuality is another problem in pes18 , no need to talk again about it coz everbody knows this issue . Yes, fifa 18 is end to end but at least there is big difference in teams tactic. Some teams prefer slow football and some like to spam you with long balls .

In pes every match is the same like in old fifa's , long ball spam and scripted tiki taka where 60 rated player is better passer than Veratti in real life. I gettin bored after one pes match. When it comes to animations , in fifa you will find much more variety of animations but in pro evo it looks more natural. In Proevo18 i like ball physic , player models and some fluid animations. I think last decent pes was Pro evo 11 , i remember that i finished one and half seasson in master league . In 17 and 18 i getting bored after 3-4 matches in ML.
I don't know with which 65 rated players you can dribble so easy on superstar as you say but i find it quite challenging and can't dribble so easy even with good players.Until last year superstar wasn't challenging enough that's true,but pes18 is a different story.All the people i see in forums and videos are struggling in superstar in ML.
If what you say was true you could take Huddersfield and win easily the Premier League in ML but that's not the case with this game,not even close.

sorry mate but in pes 18 doesnt matter what team you control. Stats doesnt matter at all so i dont think that there is any difference between good and bad dribbler. There is some videos where guys can dribble and score goal with any central defender so i dont rly know what videos you talking about.

Yeah there are videos on Twitter with goalkeepers dribbling round defenders , seen one where GK plays a one two on edhe of area then scissor kicks it in perfectly.

sorry mate but in pes 18 doesnt matter what team you control. Stats doesnt matter at all so i dont think that there is any difference between good and bad dribbler. There is some videos where guys can dribble and score goal with any central defender so i dont rly know what videos you talking about.
Lol you guys are fucking hilarious man...Are you even playing the game to see for yourself or only trust shitty videos? You're seriously telling me that having a player like Pique for example and trying to dribble,move,pass and shoot with him feels and is the same with doing these things with Messi or Hazard?? And playing with a shitty B league team is and feels the same as playing with Real,Barca or Psg?? Wow...we're talking about some deluded shit right here...

It's nearly 2018 and there are still people out there trying to win the "my game is better than yours" war on internet forums. That's what's hilarious!

Yeah there are videos on Twitter with goalkeepers dribbling round defenders , seen one where GK plays a one two on edhe of area then scissor kicks it in perfectly.
Maybe stop trying to do retarded things and try playing actual football would be better...Just because someone did this and made a video doesn't mean shit.If you think it's so easy go ahead and try to do this everytime,it won't happen. Also these shitty videos you're talking about were from the demo i remember when the game wasn't even finished,now with the patches the defensive awareness is much improved.I'm pretty sure that if you try to make these things in Fifa also you will sometimes be able to do it.So what? Stop trying to convince yourselfs for things based on shitty videos where you don't know for sure what difficulty and what settings the uploader is using.Better check yourself.

Dennis: i dont want argue with you , i just telling you what most of guys on forum are talking about, its nothing new , yes dribbling , shooting , pass and other doesnt matter. This is wahat i am talking about ...and yes ... from time to time i play Pes18.

It's nearly 2018 and there are still people out there trying to win the "my game is better than yours" war on internet forums. That's what's hilarious!
I don't give a rat's ass to win any ''my game is better than yours'' war. Have you even read the conversation? I just said that what he's telling is not true.I said that controling Pique and Messi is not the same,not that ''my'' game is better than ''his''. You must be smart...

I've spent the last month basically playing only Man U, Juventus and Atletico Madrid. Yesterday I took Salernitana (italian serie b team) and it felt like playing under water compared with those teams.

You can tell me CPU teams often ignore stats, or that stats are contextual and largely influenced by cards, player condition, team spirit and so on, but to say every single player is exactly the same it's not true and clearly evident, at least if you spent some good time actually playing the game in the main modality that was designed for single player..

But at this point, since this is going on for at least more than a month, I'm not interested in convincing anybody. If you still didn't stop at exhibitions and compared timed training runs, and still find all the teams YOU use are exactly the same, we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Dennis: i dont want argue with you , i just telling you what most of guys on forum are talking about, its nothing new , yes dribbling , shooting , pass and other doesnt matter. This is wahat i am talking about ...and yes ... from time to time i play Pes18.
Well just because some guys saying something doesn't mean it's a fact.I've also seen other ones say it does matter and i have myself and my eyes to trust and to say that it does matter.Maybe not as much as they should but to say they don't matter at all is just wrong.Playing as Aston Villa or Barca is not the same.If you believe it is ok then...Cheers.

I've spent the last month basically playing only Man U, Juventus and Atletico Madrid. Yesterday I took Salernitana (italian serie b team) and it felt like playing under water compared with those teams.

You can tell me CPU teams often ignore stats, or that stats are contextual and largely influenced by cards, player condition, team spirit and so on, but to say every single player is exactly the same it's not true and clearly evident, at least if you spent some good time actually playing the game in the main modality that was designed for single player..

But at this point, since this is going on for at least more than a month, I'm not interested in convincing anybody. If you still didn't stop at exhibitions and compared timed training runs, and still find all the teams YOU use are exactly the same, we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.
Exactly.

Sorry but i can't take you seriously. You say individuality is non existant in Pes while in Fifa 18 you can do this with De Gea.

https://streamable.com/nowxm

Individuality in Pes could be much better, but it's still far better than in Fifa in my opinion (De Gea even scores with a backheel).

You can not take me seriously and you shown me video from FUT with De gea 99 stats and you wondering why he is scoring goals ? :D no comment. Its not only my opinion mate and i dont want argue about this issue . Well i think in fifa some stats matter. Speed , shooting , agility , body balance .

In FUT you cannot change player statistics, can you? The real De Gea statistics are the one at the beginning of the video, not the cards one.

Men fut is mess , soulles experience, de gea with orginal stas just cant score many goals in friendly match or CM.

Both games are terrible this year.

PES: A lack of in depth career mode (again), simplistic shooting mechanics, lack of matchmaking options in multiplayer, it still looks and feels like a PS3 game. PES has no depth anymore, it's propped up by a small group of die hards that refuse to buy it's competitor because PES was so good back in the day. But those days are long gone.

FIFA: It's still too fast and always will be because EA are weirdos that think football actually flows like that. Game is still ridiculously easy with and without sliders, full time scores are laughable, the ball doesn't look or feel right (too small for a start, it's like a Size 4 not a 5), it still lacks midfield play and is all about tricks, flicks and Ronaldo.

Both games being so bad have actually been a good thing for me though. I've gone back to 'proper' gaming and I am having a blast. Playing lots of multiplayer team oriented games and not feeling stressed out or depressed like I do whenever I play Pro Evo and FIFA.

We desperately need a new company to come along and make a football game with a deep career mode, which isn't concerned about micro transactions in silly fantasy card games and doesn't pander to its crowd of 15 year olds that are desperate for up-to-date player faces over a realistic, playable football game. But that will never happen.

It's over, for now.

Back
Top Bottom