FIFA 22 - Realistic Gameplay Mod v0.1z

citizenkidd

League 2
28 August 2021
NEW NOTE:
I've decided to build gameplay mod based on OS Sliders from scratch, previously I was switching back and forth between OS, eSim, and Default FIFA sliders
Why not build gameplay mod from scratch not depending on any sliders like I have stated on my previous Realistic Gameplay Mod v0.1z?
Because screw EA, that's why.
Just realized it's so tiring and tedious process if I were to build from scratch not knowing which gameplay files to edit, and the live tuning updates they're having is not helping the situation at all.
So I've decided to build upon OS Sliders and put my faith on Matt10 and the whole OS Community for researching them and did my end of the job to make it better (personal preference) with my mod.

NOTE: This would be the last version of v0.1 series, v0.2 will have a new name and I will completely rework some aspects using default sliders, v0.1 is made while I was using OS Sliders and eSim interchangeably and realized that it would be better to create a gameplay mod without using any sliders, plug-n-play sort of thing

CURRENT VERSION: v0.1z

You can use this mod alongside any sliders, controller settings, time, difficulty, game speed, or gameplay mods.
Just keep in mind that you will have different experience with them.
That is the beauty of gameplay, everyone can have their own taste and figure out which is best for them.

------------------------------------------------------------FEATURES------------------------------------------------------------
AI:
- Disabled ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY in order to eliminate AI scripting [v0.1]
- CPU AI now won't ease down when they're up by a few goals, they'll keep bombarding no matter the scoreline [v0.1]

Positioning:
- Midfielders now track back when defending (*still depends on your team tactics, role assignment, and player work rate) [v0.1]

Movement:
- Changing directions is slightly harder and more realistic [v0.1]
- Stopping takes slightly longer and harder as players will more likely to take more steps to decelerate [v0.1]

Dribbling:
- More delay when dribble is interrupted (change of direction, pace, etc) [v0.1]
- Slightly slower dribbling but more control when sprinting and changing direction with the ball [v0.1]
- Slower skill moves animation [v0.1]
- Slightly longer time to turn [v0.1]
- Less dribble acceleration boost [v0.1]

Defending:
- Less force block by defenders (by default defenders sometimes enter a state of automatic blocking and have inhuman reaction where they will block the ball regardless of their positioning, this changes that, so now they will atleast keep their distance)
- Less blockings (at default player blocking is unrealistic and too OP)

Goalkeeper:
- GK now have better positioning at defending near-post resulting in more near-post saves but also risking far-post goals [v0.1]

Shooting:
- Disabled auto finesse shots (better control over what type of shot you're trying to do) [v0.1]

Corner kick:
- More errors resulting in more random ball trajectory [v0.1]

Graphics:
- Removed ball bounce marker indicator [v0.1]

Others:
- Removed all pre-match attribute boosts [v0.1]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Put this mod below any gameplay mod to have the full effect
*Notice the word 'slightly' is often used because it may felt like the changes are unnoticeable unless you compare it side-by-side with default gameplay
*Included picture of OS Sliders settings as it's one of the most known and used sliders out there
*For eSim gameplay, put this mod ABOVE eSim in mod manager and make sure to check skill games that you have champions league ball
*I've created a discord server for discussing and addressing gameplay issues while also keep my changelogs and notes there, so feel free to join, link is in the mod description tab of FIFA Mod Manager

Changelogs:
- Midfielders now track back when defending
- Less interceptions (default fifa interceptions are too OP in my opinion, by decreasing it will hopefully make the game felt more realistic without the feel of inhuman AI reaction)
- Less force block by defenders (by default defenders sometimes enter a state of automatic blocking and have inhuman reaction where they will block the ball regardless of their positioning, this changes that, so now they will atleast keep their distance)
- Tweak more dribble interruption
- Reduced corner kicks error, previous was a little bit too much
- Slower skill moves animation
- Tweaked more player turning or changing direction to make it more realistic and slightly harder in result
- Less blockings (at default player blocking is unrealistic and too OP)
- Slightly longer time to turn while dribbling
- Slightly slower dribbling and change of direction while sprinting
- Reset interceptions to make player intercept more, previous changes made them just stare as ball roll past them
- GK now have better positioning at defending near-post resulting in more near-post saves but also risking far-post goals
- Less dribble acceleration boost
- Tweaked dribbling
- Adjusted better GK near-post positioning, previous version was a little bit too much
- Tweaked and adjusted dribble interruptions, dribble slowdown, midfielder trackback, dribble acceleration

Attachments

• Realistic Gameplay Mod v0.1z.fifamod.zip
    236.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
The most annoying thing in Fifa are the goalkeepers who are sometimes too clumsy and badly intervene on harmless shots, not to mention the very few fouls. in this mod is this solved or can it be solved? thank you

I picked this up from Discord last night and have been pleasanty surprised by the way you've reduced the ninja jerkiness that really turns me off about this game.

I hope you could do something about the fearless, flawless invincible goal keepers on corner kicks.

I picked this up from Discord last night and have been pleasanty surprised by the way you've reduced the ninja jerkiness that really turns me off about this game.

I hope you could do something about the fearless, flawless invincible goal keepers on corner kicks.
Can you elaborate more on what ninja jerkiness is?
About the goal keeper, yeah I think it's a bit too OP on corners, there might be an update in the future addressing this

Can you elaborate more on what ninja jerkiness is?
About the goal keeper, yeah I think it's a bit too OP on corners, there might be an update in the future addressing this
Well you know, When the attackers dribble and it looks like Steven Flatley doing the river dance while being sped up 5x, No inertia and it's physically impossible to do the zig zaggy stop starts that they do when dribbling

Update v0.1p
- Midfielders now track back when defending (*NEED MORE CONFIRMATION)

This is an interesting update, hopefully it will make midfielders track back now, fixing the problem we're having since last year.

with this mod combined with some sample slides I get many more fouls two cpu ejections in 2 games, good coverage of the midfield than before. while the goalkeepers still make inconceivable and unexpected mistakes. thanks for your work i hope it will improve the defects present in fifa

with this mod combined with some sample slides I get many more fouls two cpu ejections in 2 games, good coverage of the midfield than before. while the goalkeepers still make inconceivable and unexpected mistakes. thanks for your work i hope it will improve the defects present in fifa
nice to hear it's workin for u.
as for GK i will move it up the priority list to see what can be done, stay tuned!

I still tried a little to give an opinion but it seems to work. As for the midfielders, they work better and it's fantastic, if possible I would accentuate this feature even more

I still tried a little to give an opinion but it seems to work. As for the midfielders, they work better and it's fantastic, if possible I would accentuate this feature even more
Yeah it's highly dependant on tactics and work rate I think.
can you make the ball to feel more like the next gen version ? i feel like that the standard version on pc is like the one from last year
can u elaborate more and what should next gen ball feels like? i never played on NG so dunno nothing about that, watching videos doesn't help aswell

I mean about the flying physics the ball feels more natural whe you make a cross. if you could make something like that i have seen a few mods from fifa 21 that was similar and i enjoyed it very well :D

Does this mod fixes CPU not respecting their short passing stat? For example in my career mode, Sunderland gets higher passing completion rate vs Man City than Man City do. Around like 94%. They ping pong pass around the box with laser accuracy. It breaks my immersion and makes defending really hard against crappy teams.

Does this mod fixes CPU not respecting their short passing stat? For example in my career mode, Sunderland gets higher passing completion rate vs Man City than Man City do. Around like 94%. They ping pong pass around the box with laser accuracy. It breaks my immersion and makes defending really hard against crappy teams.
Yea unfortunately still can't find which file or what to edit in order to make each player perform according to their attribute, but not all hope is lost, am still finding and trying new things everyday, so there's still a chance.
Also I can confirm that midfield track back has improved and all the changelogs are working as intended. Really appreciate it.
Glad it's all working as intended!

Yea unfortunately still can't find which file or what to edit in order to make each player perform according to their attribute, but not all hope is lost, am still finding and trying new things everyday, so there's still a chance.

Glad it's all working as intended!

I believe @Anth James figured out a way to change passing accuracy in FIFA 21. But it was global. So you had Man City also being affected by a lot of pass error. If somehow there was a way that could be tied by the attribute so we can create larger impact.

I believe @Anth James figured out a way to change passing accuracy in FIFA 21. But it was global. So you had Man City also being affected by a lot of pass error. If somehow there was a way that could be tied by the attribute so we can create larger impact.
Yeah it was FIFA 20 and it was attribute based, not global. The files are in there, it's just a lot of work and needs to be calculated to make the lower end lower and a bigger error discrepancy between the attributes. The way it's calculated by default there isn't enough of a gap to distinguish the good teams or players from the bad.

Also, the way error is calculated it isn't just left or right, it's also under or over hit - so for FIFA 20 I over emphasised the left and right errors and reduced the under and over hit (as it presents in some weird types of passing).

I'm thinking about getting stuck into a mod for 22, but then I just can't decide if it's worth the effort when the off the ball movement is the way it is! I think it can be improved, but to the level where teams are more as a unit more I'm not so sure yet...

Untitled.jpg

This is where you want to look. The missratescale files above are to create errors, and the missratevsattribute is where you can get the differences from memory. You'll need to do the calculations to find the right balance in the float curve.

Oh and this needs to be done separately for every type of pass and shot....

This is where you want to look. The missratescale files above are to create errors, and the missratevsattribute is where you can get the differences from memory. You'll need to do the calculations to find the right balance in the float curve.

Oh and this needs to be done separately for every type of pass and shot....
Wow thank you so much for this!
I actually have been seeing those lines and figure they would have those kind of effects but since there are so many freaking lines I just edit the easy ones šŸ˜‚
Will try to fiddle around with these for sure!

Another thing, is there any cheat engine for fifa 22 gameplay testing? Researching via FET is really slow process as we need to restart everytime we want to change some lines..

Another thing, is there any cheat engine for fifa 22 gameplay testing? Researching via FET is really slow process as we need to restart everytime we want to change some lines..
I'm not sure actually man. I've spent very little time on 22 PC. Maybe there's something over on soccergaming?

I know this is relatively simple and other games have done it in years gone by, but this example here pretty much shows one of the biggest differences and benefits from NG to CG. I havenā€™t found a way yet to bring this into a mod, but this alone would make a very big difference to the midfield game of CG and could be an area to focus on. The way Man Utd off the ball moves across to condense the space is huge. The way it is now, teams only keep their formation in the middle of the pitch and it means thereā€™s far too much iso ball. The mids arenā€™t just tracking, they have an awareness of their position in relation to the ball and each other.

Iā€™ve looked at some of the zonal defence files as I think if an answer exists it could be in there, but no real luck so far.

FIFA 16 does a great job of it also, with solid numbers around the ball to reduce space.
2662672A-4910-43D5-9097-7013557D278D.jpeg

...and 22 isnā€™t anywhere near as bad as this, but this is how 21 looked in the same position on the pitch. It shows the type of adjustment which will make a big difference.

B6290B0F-B968-4274-B926-F276F0AE4350.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom