• I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Check the play by Mbappe at 12:10, pretty nice aerial touches

Also is it just me or is there tonnes of misplaced/wayward passes? It's almost like they are playing on semi or manual

As I said time ago.. to convince me to go through the plethora of FUT friendly, game changing patches, the gameplay should be something atomic.. and to be honest just by judging the video above, it looks like nothing to write home about. I'll wait for the demo as usual, mind you.. but when the thing that impresses me the most out of the first gameplay video of a Fifa is that Dybala looks better than the last year (despite the player models still looking generally terrible to me), it isn't a good sign..

That said, I'm just judging a video so we'll see.

EA always tries to go for cinematic lighting instead of realistic lighting.

This is not that bad. It's just a artistic choice.

The only problem is that they need to make the grass and lights brighter [It still can be cinematic and brighter at the same time like FiFA 07]. And sometimes their lighting looks just bland. Cinematic or not, bland lighting looks very bad. A few tweaks here and there would make the game look more lively. Afterall, cloth physics and grass already looks better than PES, its just their bland lighting that makes things look cartoonish.

And yeah, ever since they switched to frostbite, the balls became small as testicles. They should simply increase the size of the ball. I guess increasing it will break the physics and introduce clipping. Then again, they should have made the ball big to begin with. And let me guess, the LODs during gameplay will still look like Ps3 game.

They said they improved animations which is great. But I hope the fluidity and responsiveness of movement isn't gone.

Unless we can see gameplay footage, we cant say anything. And without playing demo its not possible to tell if the game is responsive or laggy.

OMG what are they do with radar... holy f.. i don't know that why is better or not but ... looks stupid.
Untitled_1.jpg

Again, animations and goalkeepers looks so awful...
That's officially the most fucked up radar that i've seen.
They always have to change something just for the sake of changing and fuck it up.

The night lighting looks improved for sure and not like a dark swamp like it was in the last 2 versions but we'll have to see how it'll look in the actual game.Hopefully they won't fuck it up.

But WTF is wrong with that ball size??
Seriously,how difficult it is to have a realistic and normal size ball??
It's one of the main reasons that i don't like to play this game much.
I mean,the ball is like the most important thing in the pitch.Without a ball we don't have football lol.
And yet they don't seem to bother to address this shit.
Especially in some specific cameras it looks like you're playing with a fuckin orange.
So ugly and unrealistic.And also ball physics look much worse because of it.
Also the players' feet look bigger than they should and this makes the ball look even more ridiculous.
They don't adjust the foot size accordingly to the player,like for example a big guy like Giroud must have bigger feet than a small guy like Sterling,but instead they have a default size for all of them.
Go to edit mode on 18 and see how ridiculous Wallcot looks with his tiny slim legs and his enormous feet lol.

It surprises me that not many people mention this small ball issue on Fifa videos on Youtube etc and this just shows that most of them are clueless kids who don't give a fuck about realism and just want to play the popular game and start collecting their shitty Futcards.
Maybe if many people would point it out then EA would do something about it.
But still it's their fault in the first place.I mean,how can you not notice such a thing?
It's so obvious.And it's very strange because until 16 the ball size was perfect but from the moment they brought Frostbite they fucked it up.

Also very annoying that the camera keeps changing in every stadium.
I like to play in Tele default and in grounds like Selhurst Park and Vitality Stadium it looks great and then in another stadium it looks like shit and i have to do adjustments to zoom and height but still can't find the right balance.
And i don't see them changing this thing either.
Many stupid things with this game that they could so easilly avoid but they don't bother to sort them out and i guess it will be the same in 19.
it's not bad on broadcast camera.

Where are you guys seeing gameplay video? Care to post a link?

@Dennis_87 have always agreed since FIFA 17, the ball size is too small. On OS we are constantly looking for each patch to increase that ball size. They simply have not done it. In 17, I resolved to use a more "solid" ball like ones with dark stitching, etc to have the apperance of a regular size ball. I'm honestly not sure what they're thinking though.

edit: put PES instead of FIFA lol

Last edited:
It all looks same again. I know it's too early to say what changes have been made etc, but I'm sure the CL licence will be the "biggest" feature this year. Someone said it well - we have to wait for PS5 to get something fresh from EA. Till 2020(?) all upcoming FIFAs will be based on same engine which doesn't give more possibilities yet to build up something spectacular.

Read a preview from Eurogamer describing the new optional shooting mechanics to have more control on the precision and power of the shots.Looks interesting but need to play it before judging.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-10-fifa-19-has-a-mini-game-for-giving-shots-some-swaz

Well, shooting will be frustrating if it’s not stat based, from his description it’s based on precision and control only. It should be stat based as well, a clear difference between players. Although, I think if it’s a position thing, or under pressure thing then timing and control would make more sense.

Looks a lot like 18 frankly, we just don't know how it feels. Noticed that players were at 50% stamina at the end of the half, and almost dead by the middle of the second half. Possibly a good change? Also hardly any fouls, but are we ever going to see footage against the AI? In multiplayer the same game can look both great and like crap depending on who's playing...

Did they magnetic defending from the CPU? Hope so.

Hard to judge from the only gameplay video I've seen. It does look like you will be punished if you are too aggressively going to the ball and not being mindful of the right angles.

I guess 19 again without Camp Nou? I am not Barca fan but CL without that is not normal.
What is situation with Westfalen? Will they bring it back now? And i guess we will loose Gelsenkirchen and just now when they got CL licence and Schalke qualified for CL...

I guess 19 again without Camp Nou? I am not Barca fan but CL without that is not normal.
What is situation with Westfalen? Will they bring it back now? And i guess we will loose Gelsenkirchen and just now when they got CL licence and Schalke qualified for CL...

No Camp Nou but Signal Iduna Park (very high chance) and Veltins Arena (100%) are in the game.

Also i saw pic with fifa database where are some new stadiums from Germany and La Liga, really hope for them.

Yes, Volkswagen Arena, Wirsol Rhein Neckar Arena and maybe BayArena. Also all La Liga stadiums except of Mestalla and Camp Nou. Maybe also Mercedes Benz Stadium from Atlanta. Of course these are only speculations but would be awesome.

that video isn't good judgment on game play because the two players aren't good. Joke defending and no creativity on offense. Plus the high end clubs aren't as fun there to accurate plus those default sliders stink up the game.

Wait and see my games with good sliders, with Argentina and Mexican teams, it's a different game.

Back
Top Bottom