Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Also, with fitness cards, just use the squad fitness cards. Takes literally 3 seconds every other game. Not a big deal, though I think they're kinda stupid. Disagree about the icons. Pretty neat addition IMO, though who knows if I'll ever be able to afford one lol.

I didn't even know these existed.

But its good FIFA has its priorities straight and let me know its halloween though.

I honestly don’t know what I’m talking about or have any idea, because online co op this year has been the most enjoyable it has been for me. Although not perfect mind. If it goes back to like the old fifas. Ping pong without a brain, dribble past every man and his dog. I think I won’t renew my PSN account. To be honest after the last update it’s lent a little more that way for me. Cant see us getting a decent online PES for a long time and while EA are capable of it, it looks like the average FIfa player now a a days wants something different. It seems online gaming is a stark reminder for me that I actually am getting older and it’s more aligned to the YouTube “top bins” Baller kind of crowd. Which I can’t stand. I honestly feel like that people have got used to it being to easy with fifa and when it’s not, they don’t want to learn but rather want the game to change to suit their skill set and style. What they want is that if you pick the better team, the lesser team AI don’t mark them properly and they can just spam pass to be in on goal. No skill whatsoever involved in that.

I can say after playing this game for 2 weeks or more now, and after i have myself a good strong team in UT, the unpredictability of PES 5 is back, u have to work really hard and know how to build up to get ur goal, especially vs teams that are rated 88 or 89 in squad battles, mind you my team is only rated 82 ,enjoying this a lot more now that i have a good team in my hands

Ajax are a good young team to use if anyone wants to start a career mode.
I lost my best forward as Lipzeig triggered his release clause - so I bought Sturridge, Foden and Upmacado with the funds.
You only get £23m funds at the start so you cant buy half a new team at the start like you can with most.
I have two running - Ajax and Leicester.

Do you guys not find this years edition less fluid and smooth than 18? After many matches (which felt great at the start), it feels a bit....clunky...
Its very responsive, much more responsive than 18 was, where i had to press pass way in advance to actually make it to the pass, but it felt nice and smooth with animations. Maybe its just me. A lot of people hated 18. I thought it was very solid game, whereas 19...dont know. Cant get used to it. Maybe its a heavy ball starting fast and then slowing down too fast (by my count anyway).
I cant really pin it on anything but it just feels odd.

Same here, i had a very strange feeling when playing FIFA19 from the very beginning. The whole gamplay (especially ball physics and animation transistions) seems to be reverted to last-gen standards at best.

Last edited:
Same here, i had a very strange feeling when playing FIFA19 from the very beginning. The whole gamplay (especially ball physics and animation transistions) seems to be reverted to last-gen standards at best.

Yea, although they don't stop me from enjoying the game, the ball physics and animations should be a lot better.

Last-gen standards at best? I mean, seriously?

During my holidays i came to play Fifa on the PS Vita sometimes (which is technically based on Fifa11), and i have to say that ball physics felt a lot more comprehensible than Fifa19 when it comes to ground passes.

If i would have a guess which game is 8 years ahead in animation technology, i would rather judge PES2019 8 years ahead of FIFA19.

Last edited:
Had anyone tried using the old style black and white ⚽️. I find the ball is a 100 times better with this as you can see it’s movement.

This is definitely one of those games I have to play in bursts now.

FUT is the go-to mode but the gameplay is ultra fast. It’s basically H2H Seasons on performance enhancing drugs. Horrible, horrible game mode that needs to be killed with fire.

Career Mode is fun for a while but soon becomes a chore. Matches feel similar regardless of league you play in. I have a La Liga, Sky Bet Championship and League One save and all of the matches feel identical. They feel all over the place at times and:

- with sliders it’s a ultra slow, weird feeling grind. It doesn’t replicate real football at all, it actually makes the game feel like it’s consistently stuck in mud.

- with semi/FUMA. I can’t get to grips with this. I have to think about every pass for a few seconds, meanwhile the CPU plays how it wants (like I would with assists/default controls.) Even then, game is far too easy on Pro yet on World Class teams like Southend United start playing tiki taka football and score first time shots from outside the area. It all looks and feels ridiculous.

- Well play on default controls then! Well, I do usually and it’s where the game is at it’s best [sorry FUMA crowd but it’s true for me]. But then, my players hit form really quickly and I demolish teams 3-0 without having to think about it, even on Ultimate difficulty.

There’s no balance for me. It’s either a tiki taka, unfair slog on FUMA or a cakewalk on default controls.

Then on top of that you’ve got the CPU scoring hardly any goals in the games I’m not involved in, Ipswich selling all of their goal keepers on one guy’s save [seriously, look at the fifa Careers sub Reddit] and Everton top of the league every season because...well, because EA couldn’t give a shiny sh*t about Career Mode because all that matters is FUT FUT FUT.

I kind regret buying this digital because I would trade it on Thursday for RDR2 and just play the other game from time to time for when I feel like some footy gaming.

I loved this so much at first but already the same old EA flaws are rearing their ugly heads. I so want to love it because there is a lot to like this year. But can I see myself playing Career Mode all year long? Not really, like Master League in PES, it’s more of a slog, a chore, than fun.

As for the other modes. The Journey I am yet to try. But it really isn’t my kind of thing, I’m too old fashioned and stuck in my ways.

Online it’s good fun with a friend for a few games in Co-Op Seasons but again, after a while, the speed of the thing gives me headaches and you can’t switch to ‘slow’ online. Also, we like to play we smaller clubs and you have to wait far longer to be paired against someone also using a smaller club. A lot of the time we’d choose Everton, sit there and wait for 5 minutes and it would finally find us a game against...Bayern Munich. Because that’s fair.

And the same goes for H2H Seasons. To find a match quickly I’ve got to basically play as a 5 star club and I never play as 5 star clubs offline or online.

So, FIFA 19. It’s more FIFA basically. Loads of awesome presentation, stadiums and atmosphere coming out of it’s arse. But the actual game, where it matters, still doesn’t shine brightly enough to keep me interested.
Hey pal.

Have you tried changing the online setting in Settings in the main screen. I didn’t realize you can change it to search a larger distance for a game as it is set to close as default. We tend to get games fairly fast with lower teams. Just a thought. Might not help though.

Fret not, people, in just a few days, Red Dead Redemption 2 will be out, and we can all just stop moaning and play that for a good while. :P

Still enjoying my FUMA with Newport on professional, but I don't get to play it too much, maybe that's why it's working. Too much of any game can easily get frustrating.

Has anyone had the clutch in career mode in the menu screen where your player has the kits mixed? I had it with Leeds they player had away jersey with home shorts and socks but when I came out of that screen for formation when I went back it was just back to normal, I'm wondering if it is already put in the game to mix and match but we can't use it.

have played around 8 matches on Broadcast camera and it has clicked - I don’t think I could go back to any other camera angle now,
Same. I've recently made the switch to Broadcast and it's brilliant. You really get the feel of the crowd behind each goal and I really feared that I'd struggle with offside but it's actually better than normal camera for timing runs.
It's transformed the game for me amd I was already enjoying it.

Same. I've recently made the switch to Broadcast and it's brilliant. You really get the feel of the crowd behind each goal and I really feared that I'd struggle with offside but it's actually better than normal camera for timing runs.
It makes the game much more difficult playing in Broadcast but after spending a lot of time with it, extremely frustrating. Amazing to look at though, like watching a real match!

There is no point to go further with my career with Galatasaray. Half way up and I won everything. 52 goals for and 6 against. In play on ultimate difficulty. In guess I have to start with manual controls, otherwise I don’t see any challange at all from the CPU.

I'm not sure mate. I have been playing on Tele, 0 Zoom, 20 height and it looks decent enough for me.

Edit: and its the EA black and whit one I play with no the silver black one.

It makes the game much more difficult playing in Broadcast but after spending a lot of time with it, extremely frustrating. Amazing to look at though, like watching a real match!

I have to say that after going through a bit of a bad spell with the game I played two games on Broadcast, Height 0, Zoom 20, with Matt’s sliders with a slight adjustment. FUMA apart from semi crosses. I also went for World Class. To my surprise I found it excellent.

It’s strange because I found that the passing was slightly easier and I had more time on the ball but that might be because the opposition was not playing pressure football. My second game Bournemouth (me) v Cardiff was one of the best games I have had. It really felt like I was on pitch.

There was quite a few fouls aswell and I think 2 or 3 yellow cards.

Surprisingly I find Tele Broadcast sluggish with exactly the same settings but Broadcast it plays out just fine. Early days yet though, I will soon be ripping it apart again.

I have to say that after going through a bit of a bad spell with the game I played two games on Broadcast, Height 0, Zoom 20, with Matt’s sliders with a slight adjustment. FUMA apart from semi crosses. I also went for World Class. To my surprise I found it excellent.

It’s strange because I found that the passing was slightly easier and I had more time on the ball but that might be because the opposition was not playing pressure football. My second game Bournemouth (me) v Cardiff was one of the best games I have had. It really felt like I was on pitch.

There was quite a few fouls aswell and I think 2 or 3 yellow cards.

Surprisingly I find Tele Broadcast sluggish with exactly the same settings but Broadcast it plays out just fine. Early days yet though, I will soon be ripping it apart again.
I can’t stick to any camera with fifa. They’ve all got huge advantages and disadvantages. For instance, I’m in total control with tele broadcast but it zooms around too quickly.

Co-op is best from a tactical perspective but makes the game sluggish and weird. Plus I like to feel like I am watching a game on tv, so who watches games on tv with that view and angle? The co-op camera does feel like I am sitting high in the stands I guess but I can’t get into it.

Broadcast looks and feels the best but it’s hardest to master. I can’t play how I would like to [I almost never cross the ball in football games, I play through the middle but feel myself having to cross in broadcast because it’s so congested in middle]

Tele just looks weird and too much like an old computer game of football.

I can’t stick to any camera with fifa. They’ve all got huge advantages and disadvantages. For instance, I’m in total control with tele broadcast but it zooms around too quickly.

Co-op is best from a tactical perspective but makes the game sluggish and weird. Plus I like to feel like I am watching a game on tv, so who watches games on tv with that view and angle? The co-op camera does feel like I am sitting high in the stands I guess but I can’t get into it.

Broadcast looks and feels the best but it’s hardest to master. I can’t play how I would like to [I almost never cross the ball in football games, I play through the middle but feel myself having to cross in broadcast because it’s so congested in middle]

Tele just looks weird and too much like an old computer game of football.

Yeh i know what you mean heh sometimes there are just too many options.

Like you, in broadcast i think it looks congested but surprisingly if you play passes through the midfield they don’t get cut out as much as it looks like they will.

I was playing Newcastle v Spurs (me) and quite few times i was able to do little one two’s through the middle even though it looked congested. It was actually quite satisfying to put a few passes together. Also, i think tackling is slightly easier because you can see where the foot and the ball is.

Probably should of done this before now but the tactics have just changed the game a lot for me. My main gripe with Fifa is lack of space between players when passing. Players making runs right next to you and at weird angles so the passes feel unrealistic.. I changed my attacking style on tactics for wider space, slightly higher depth and it felt really good. Spanked Fiorantina 4-0 first game and was a little worried it had made it too easy. Got beat the next 3 games which felt great. It also seemed to help the AI team attack differently too. Hopefully it’s long lasting but it seemed to change the game more than the sliders for me without affecting the game at its core.

Been watching FIFA19 and Corey Whatshisname on Twitter for the last few days. There are hundreds of complain and feedback posts, yet I havent found a SINGLE one that would mention lack of fouls.
FIFA community doesnt seems to see it as a problem. Pity. For me its a game breaker so Im out.

Been watching FIFA19 and Corey Whatshisname on Twitter for the last few days. There are hundreds of complain and feedback posts, yet I havent found a SINGLE one that would mention lack of fouls.
FIFA community doesnt seems to see it as a problem. Pity. For me its a game breaker so Im out.

I am used to it. Coming from PES 2018 :LMAO:

Reading that thread really pissed me off. What do these complete cretins actually want, your AI defenders to just stand around doing nothing? It's like they want every match to finish 5-4. God forbid you actually have to work to score a goal. People like this are a cancer of football games. And the producers actually agree, it beggars belief.
When they decide to agree it is because they have calculated that (obviously the complaints are coming from large number of people) so they feel that either the Devs like it or not ,they should have their custommers happy.So, they just decide to make changes and change the game having in mind customers complaints & suggestions.When they finally do, then other gamers (custommers) dont like the new changes & now they start complaining & say that the game was ok pre patches and it is like this for several months.They end up changing the way the game plays at least 2 times per year so everybody is not happy at least 1-2 times & everybody gets crazy.It was allways like this,even for other games like Nba basket etc. In my opininon, the cause of this problem is Devs want to provide a game that plays good on line vs other people & while plays good off line vs cpu & having both offline & on line different type of players happy.Those who prefer more arcade feeling ,others who prefer more sim,others want to play very fast ,others who want it more slow pace with more thinking...hmmm
Well, my friends for me it just cant happen.everybody preferes the game to play in different way acording to his liking & we(gamers) are so many ,with different opininons that Devs will get go CRAZY in the end trying to have everybody pleased...

Back
Top Bottom