Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
A couple of things I've noticed whilst playing a CM with Hansa Rostock in lowly Liga 3. First, I crazily threw a throw in directly over my own dead ball line near my goal. Result was a goal kick to the opposing side. I've since repeated it and had the same result so must be a coding error.
The other thing I've realised is I am not involved in any cup matches during the season. Not sure why but could it be that only a certain number of lower league teams are programmed into CM for cup competitions. If so, it does take away a lot of interest in a CM season. You would need to choose your team very carefully before starting a campaign.

Dunno what it is but I just can't get onboard with this game at all. Thought I'd cracked it last week but after having a week off and playing a few games today its just...I dunno I can't explain it. Its missing SOMETHING. I still don't feel that, although they improved the ball rolling physics, it still feels off. Theres two many first time efforts from the CPU, still too much tika taka from them (From West Brom today!!!) and the running animation is still off no matter what I try.

A damn shame and the first time in many years I've felt let down by FIFA. I hope the patch thats coming for Pes make that playable otherwise I'm stuck.

The other thing I've realised is I am not involved in any cup matches during the season. Not sure why but could it be that only a certain number of lower league teams are programmed into CM for cup competitions. If so, it does take away a lot of interest in a CM season. You would need to choose your team very carefully before starting a campaign.
Apparently only 10 random teams of the 3. Liga participate in the DFB-Pokal.

Game start to get boring offline... ai play the same pattern, pass pass pass shoot all the time. EA should take a notice on this. Don`t want to compare but pes with it`s flaws has better variety. Wish if pes had all this licences and presentation...

Game start to get boring offline... ai play the same pattern, pass pass pass shoot all the time. EA should take a notice on this. Don`t want to compare but pes with it`s flaws has better variety. Wish if pes had all this licences and presentation...

Think I agree. With the exception of the superstars, doesn't feel like attackers take you on enough and they're a bit too quick to pass. That said, in FUT Squad Battles players like Neymar rip me to shreds.

i think we play different game , there is big difference between teams with ,,long ball'' tactic and ,,possesion'' . Played yeasterday friendly match against middlesbrough(long ball default tactic) and AI most of the time trying to spam with long ball to their striker , Middlesbrough finished match with low 65% pass accurancy . Problem is with top AI teams with possesion tactic like Real or Barcelona coz they are ovepowered sometimes when it comes to pass accurancy. AI balanced and Long ball tactic teams are much better to play against , not so many moments when you can see tiki taka. In pes all teams play in the same way and it was reason why i sold pes 19. Its like copy/paste and i dont know how somebody can compare it to fifa. Anyway , i play only exhibition match so i dont know how career mode looks like ....

Just a heads up (people may already know this anyway), but if you select the EA Sports yellow ball for a EPL game in Career Mode, it defaults to the official winter Nike ball (which isn't available from the menu).

I thought that this would be the game bringing me back to offline gaming in Career Mode.

But I don't know.. Maybe I'm about to realise that FIFA just can't bring it to me. My hope is still PES.

The strange thing is that I can't really figure out why I'm getting this feeling after 10-15 games.

Semi/FUMA is just getting to slow. Maybe realistic, but incredibly boring. Low score matches every time and too easy on pro.

Assisted settings is giving me a more varied experience, but the less good teams is playing better.

Also I still can't feel the difference on each player as much as I would like to.

It's frustrating, because I can't really point anything out of this solid game, but I still don't feeling it. After a couple of games I'm shutting of. Every time.

I thought that this would be the game bringing me back to offline gaming in Career Mode.

But I don't know.. Maybe I'm about to realise that FIFA just can't bring it to me. My hope is still PES.

The strange thing is that I can't really figure out why I'm getting this feeling after 10-15 games.

Semi/FUMA is just getting to slow. Maybe realistic, but incredibly boring. Low score matches every time and too easy on pro.

Assisted settings is giving me a more varied experience, but the less good teams is playing better.

Also I still can't feel the difference on each player as much as I would like to.

It's frustrating, because I can't really point anything out of this solid game, but I still don't feeling it. After a couple of games I'm shutting of. Every time.

maybe just play the one game at a time. like you 2 games gets a bit too much for me ... like i could be doing something better.

for online they've packed too much BS into the game. WTF does halloween have to do with football?

Give me one year. I will ban all this shit from my house.

I haven't posted on here for a while and the reason being is that the last couple of days it has started to really annoy me.

I still have my Southend career going on but I felt like a different challenge at the same time. Inspired by a guy at Operation Sports who plays all the EPL fixtures I thought I may give that a go.

I was finding Professional a little too easy so I moved up to World Class. But now things are beginning to annoy me...

Things like Crystal Palace playing like Barcelona tika taka tika taka and they were hounding me like a pack of dogs all over the pitch and because of that it makes the player switching issue game breaking now. Also for some reason now the CPU does not give any fouls away. On Professional the CPU maybe gave 1 to 3 a match but now it is none and yet I still give away the same as before.

My team mates seem to have no football intelligence. For example the amount of times (playing as Fulham) I had the ball on the wing with plenty of space in the middle of the pitch with a player there but when I played it to him he moved forward towards a crowded penalty area. So the pass did not reach him. Or it could be that I am in the middle of the pitch and there is space on the wing but my players do not want to move there to give me passing options. I know that there are player instructions and I am guessing that they over run what is actually occuring on the pitch. @Chris Davies you mentioned in a post ages ago about the AI team mate setting, where can I find that please? Maybe mine is set to low.

I really did not like writng this post because I have been enjoying it so much since release but at the moment I am finding it annoying. It just seems such a big change from Professional to World Class.

The other thing I can do I suppose is try to play on Professional but change sliders to make it more difficult but I am not sure what ones to change other than Shooting Accuracy and Passing Accuracy.

Sorry for the negative post :(

PS Heh and one last thing that just came to mind is the amount of times i have tried to take a short goal kick and the CPU attacker has sprinted to the ball while my defender pulls away from the pass. Resulting in a one on one situation.

Last edited:
I haven't posted on here for a while and the reason being is that the last couple of days it has started to really annoy me.

I still have my Southend career going on but I felt like a different challenge at the same time. Inspired by a guy at Operation Sports who plays all the EPL fixtures I thought I may give that a go.

I was finding Professional a little too easy so I moved up to World Class. But now things are beginning to annoy me...

Things like Crystal Palace playing like Barcelona tika taka tika taka and they were hounding me like a pack of dogs all over the pitch and because of that it makes the player switching issue game breaking now. Also for some reason now the CPU does not give any fouls away. On Professional the CPU maybe gave 1 to 3 a match but now it is none and yet I still give away the same as before.

My team mates seem to have no football intelligence. For example the amount of times (playing as Fulham) I had the ball on the wing with plenty of space in the middle of the pitch with a player there but when I played it to him he moved forward towards a crowded penalty area. So the pass did not reach him. Or it could be that I am in the middle of the pitch and there is space on the wing but my players do not want to move there to give me passing options. I know that there are player instructions and I am guessing that they over run what is actually occuring on the pitch. @Chris Davies you mentioned in a post ages ago about the AI team mate setting, where can I find that please? Maybe mine is set to low.

I really did not like writng this post because I have been enjoying it so much since release but at the moment I am finding it annoying. It just seems such a big change from Professional to World Class.

The other thing I can do I suppose is try to play on Professional but change sliders to make it more difficult but I am not sure what ones to change other than Shooting Accuracy and Passing Accuracy.

Sorry for the negative post :(

PS Heh and one last thing that just came to mind is the amount of times i have tried to take a short goal kick and the CPU attacker has sprinted to the ball while my defender pulls away from the pass. Resulting in a one on one situation.

You can only set the AI intelligence of team mates in a friendly match.
When you select the team I think it’s RS to take you to the screen to adjust the level of your AI team mates.
By default it’s always legendry.....which is odd if you use Crewe v Accrington!

Started a Portsmouth career yesterday and I’m having the most fun on a fifa game since I can remember.

This game really comes to life with the small clubs. It’s pretty boring playing as the big sides.

Atmosphere at Fratton Park is amazing!

Started a Portsmouth career yesterday and I’m having the most fun on a fifa game since I can remember.

This game really comes to life with the small clubs. It’s pretty boring playing as the big sides.

Atmosphere at Fratton Park is amazing!

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on my Liverpool CM because of the lack of challenge and I'll probably at some point start a lower division CM. Only problem is when you build that team up, it gets too easy again.

I think the biggest issue is that playing against a team that's lower quality than yours, your opposition doesn't adjust to play more defensive and conservative. So whereas a lesser team going against a top team IRL would often park the bus from the outset of the match, in FIFA they leave themselves too open and I think that's why it's not as challenging as it should be.

For example, in FUT Squad Battles, when I go up against a team that's rated around the same as me, it's always a low scoring affair and I rarely win by more than 1 or 2 (if I win). If I go up against a superstar team on perfect chemistry, I'm lucky to win and I sometimes will get beat by several goals. But when I go up against a lower rated team on less than perfect chemistry, I'll crush them - yesterday I had several wins that were in the ballpark of 6-0.

So on one hand you could say crushing a lower quality team is perfectly realistic. After all, would you really raise an eyebrow if Liverpool or Man City IRL put up a 6-0 scoreline? Probably not. The issue is these games just aren't that fun from a gameplay experience, and once your team gets to be a top table team, for whatever league your in, many of the matchups will be like this.

The next patch is going to be interesting. AI defending and keepers have already been confirmed as areas for change. I wonder what else, but I imagine finesse shots will certainly be nerfed.

Do you guys not find this years edition less fluid and smooth than 18? After many matches (which felt great at the start), it feels a bit....clunky...
Its very responsive, much more responsive than 18 was, where i had to press pass way in advance to actually make it to the pass, but it felt nice and smooth with animations. Maybe its just me. A lot of people hated 18. I thought it was very solid game, whereas 19...dont know. Cant get used to it. Maybe its a heavy ball starting fast and then slowing down too fast (by my count anyway).
I cant really pin it on anything but it just feels odd.

The next patch is going to be interesting. AI defending and keepers have already been confirmed as areas for change. I wonder what else, but I imagine finesse shots will certainly be nerfed.

Can you post the source for this? What's confirmed about AI defending and keepers? I imagine it's not making them defend better...

Can you post the source for this? What's confirmed about AI defending and keepers? I imagine it's not making them defend better...

Gameplay producer posted it on twitter. You can find it on reddit too.

For keepers, I think it's to address issues with them not reacting to balls, sometimes they don't react to shots, sometimes they don't react when the ball is on the ground.

Defending is to address all the complaints that AI defending is OP in multiplayer. No idea how this'll get changed, and no idea if it'll effect single player, but pretty worried about this one.

While gameplay is pretty solid in single player, online multiplayer is a bit of a disaster this year, with many - including most Pros - calling it the worst ever. IMO most of the issues are server related, not actually due to gameplay, so really tough to get a clear picture of what actually needs tweaking. Like I said, it's gonna be interesting...

**Edit: Here ya go:

Well I did it. I spent a few hours with FUT.

I just can’t get into it. It’s so ridiculously fast I’ve actually got a headache and sweaty palms. My wife has asked me what’s wrong so I simply replied with “FIFA Ultimate Team” :LOL:

Now don’t get me wrong. I can kinda see the hook with this. I bought Sigurdsson on the market and he scored for me and it felt good.

But that’s where my enjoyment ended. It’s so end-to-end, it’s feels like a different game to me. @mfmaxpower is definitely right about it being more difficult in FUT too. Jeez the CPU really does punish you. Why can’t Career Mode be this challenging? I wouldn’t stop playing after a few months if it was as difficult as in FUT.

I won’t be going back to FUT, in fact, I deleted my club in disgust to what football gaming is now. This is it, this is where we are. Assigning fitness cards to players who are tired. Buying ‘Icons’ like Del Piero who haven’t played the game in years.

I actually hate it. And I don’t hate anything usually.

Defending is to address all the complaints that AI defending is OP in multiplayer. No idea how this'll get changed, and no idea if it'll effect single player, but pretty worried about this one.

While gameplay is pretty solid in single player, online multiplayer is a bit of a disaster this year, with many - including most Pros - calling it the worst ever. IMO most of the issues are server related, not actually due to gameplay, so really tough to get a clear picture of what actually needs tweaking. Like I said, it's gonna be interesting...

Thanks, i'll take a look. If there's one area where I agree with the pros is about bicycle kicks/finesse shots/crosses being too easy and op. But if they nerf only defending without touching these, it could be a patch to avoid, to say the least. Just reducing interceptions for example could make passing feel like it's fifa18 again, without any other changes to re-balance it.

Also, what's up with this guy?

He is the gameplay producer... For like 2 weeks now?! What's the story? He's coming from fifa mobile...that can't be a good sign.

Last edited:
Do you guys not find this years edition less fluid and smooth than 18? After many matches (which felt great at the start), it feels a bit....clunky...
Its very responsive, much more responsive than 18 was, where i had to press pass way in advance to actually make it to the pass, but it felt nice and smooth with animations. Maybe its just me. A lot of people hated 18. I thought it was very solid game, whereas 19...dont know. Cant get used to it. Maybe its a heavy ball starting fast and then slowing down too fast (by my count anyway).
I cant really pin it on anything but it just feels odd.
On normal game speed I find it very fluid and smooth. On slow, not so much but still very playable. One thing I do not like is the player inertia. Makes players somewhat unresponsive to me and I cannot do what I want to do when I need to do it. Prefer PES in this area.

Gameplay producer posted it on twitter. You can find it on reddit too.

For keepers, I think it's to address issues with them not reacting to balls, sometimes they don't react to shots, sometimes they don't react when the ball is on the ground.

**Edit: Here ya go:

Reading that thread really pissed me off. What do these complete cretins actually want, your AI defenders to just stand around doing nothing? It's like they want every match to finish 5-4. God forbid you actually have to work to score a goal. People like this are a cancer of football games. And the producers actually agree, it beggars belief.

Well I did it. I spent a few hours with FUT.

I just can’t get into it. It’s so ridiculously fast I’ve actually got a headache and sweaty palms. My wife has asked me what’s wrong so I simply replied with “FIFA Ultimate Team” :LOL:

Now don’t get me wrong. I can kinda see the hook with this. I bought Sigurdsson on the market and he scored for me and it felt good.

But that’s where my enjoyment ended. It’s so end-to-end, it’s feels like a different game to me. @mfmaxpower is definitely right about it being more difficult in FUT too. Jeez the CPU really does punish you. Why can’t Career Mode be this challenging? I wouldn’t stop playing after a few months if it was as difficult as in FUT.

I won’t be going back to FUT, in fact, I deleted my club in disgust to what football gaming is now. This is it, this is where we are. Assigning fitness cards to players who are tired. Buying ‘Icons’ like Del Piero who haven’t played the game in years.

I actually hate it. And I don’t hate anything usually.

Were you playing multiplayer or Squad Battles? I wouldn't touch multiplayer as things are right now, but the last few days I've been having great fun with SBs. But you gotta get your team up to around the mid 80s (mine I think is 84 right now) to really have a chance in many of the matches (at least on Legendary).

I don't find them end to end at all, with the exception being when you're up against a crazy superstar team with 90+ players all along the front line. I had been feeling exactly like you but the big thing that's changed recently is I feel like both defending and attacking has really clicked for me. I'm now far more tactical with my use of the sprint button and I find that not only slows the games down but I'm also conceding less and scoring far more. Really enjoying it.

Also, with fitness cards, just use the squad fitness cards. Takes literally 3 seconds every other game. Not a big deal, though I think they're kinda stupid. Disagree about the icons. Pretty neat addition IMO, though who knows if I'll ever be able to afford one lol.

Reading that thread really pissed me off. What do these complete cretins actually want, your AI defenders to just stand around doing nothing? It's like they want every match to finish 5-4. God forbid you actually have to work to score a goal. People like this are a cancer of football games. And the producers actually agree, it beggars belief.

I don't think that's the full picture. Most of the competitive guys want skill to be more a factor. Nothing wrong with that at all. The problem is 1-on-1 marking, tackling, and player switching mechanics are so poor that manual defending is a losing strategy. In online play, everyone is just letting the AI defend for them. That's a problem. So I get what people are complaining about.

Don't think you can judge these things if you're only playing single player. Defending can still feel undercooked when playing against the CPU but online multiplayer is such a different beast.

Fut matches already finish 5-4 because everyone and their dog can blindly flick the ball up in the air and strike a perfect volley/overhead kick. Fut is always going to be garbage.

Back
Top Bottom