FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

guys i played demo ps4 yesterday on legendary , 3-4 matches and its only me or in full version AI mostly use forward-forward playstyle ? in demo seems like AI trying to show some possession game.... i want to add that i use the same team (demo and full). Should i return to fifa 18 without patch ? .

How do you activate the 360 degree camera? Ive only seen it once!

Funny you say that. I saw it all the time in the demo, but don't think I've ever seen it in the full game.

I'm still struggling with finding a good game in the long run. I kind of want to play assisted, as semi or manual is so bloody frustrating when you're trying to find passing lanes in tight spaces, but assisted is just too damn easy no matter what you do to handicap yourself. It also annoys me that manual through balls just feel broken, and assisted is far too effective.

Would also love to hear what sliders people are using. :)

Last edited:
I use Matt's 3rd generation sliders and have passing to fully assisted, everything else semi. Game is amazing.

Thanks for sharing. :) What about through passes, assisted or manual? I can't quite decide between the two, assisted is just massively overpowered, and manual just feels broken.

I'm playing latest ps4 patch , world class , full manual with sliders and it's superb. I don't bother reading the negative post now , I enjoy it and that's all that really matters

game is quality, played another 5 hours this morning, haven’t played this much since pes6

I use Matt's 3rd generation sliders and have passing to fully assisted, everything else semi. Game is amazing.

It’s posts like these that make me want to give it another go.

Any chance of you guys sharing your slider settings, control settings, and camera settings please?

I know you have probably posted before but with the new patch they may have changed.

Thanks

I using newest matt sliders with update for new patch. I just.changed run frequency. To 50, if you lowering this stat then you can expect tiki taka every match. I rly like. To see that team tactic work. For example west brom. Love to spam with 40 meters long balls like in pes. :) , crystal palace love to use wingers to cross to our cf, teams like chelsea most of the time use ground passes and you will see only few long ball from middle of pitch. Anyway, there is too much forward forward game.

It’s posts like these that make me want to give it another go.

Any chance of you guys sharing your slider settings, control settings, and camera settings please?

I know you have probably posted before but with the new patch they may have changed.

Thanks

i use tele broadcast 8-4 , closest to pes 6 standard long camera i could get

I've now started career mode with Spurs at least 5 times with various settings. I started now with the OS sliders version 3, which I really like, and had a lot of tight opening matches to the season, but won most of them, which resulted in the team form going up. And that's where the problem kicks in - as soon as your form is up, you just seem to bulldoze teams, it's super easy to score and create attack after attack (this has happened in every CM I've started). I just beat Leipzig 3-0 away, and put 5 past Swansea, but could've scored a lot more against both teams, due to my players playing like supermen, and their players just not putting up a fight at all (unlike in the first few matches of the season). I'll play on to see if it gets evened out somehow, but the form thing is really unbalancing the gameplay, it seems. I've reduced my pass speed to try to rectify it and balance it somewhat, so we'll see how that goes.

I wish there was a way to just turn off the form in career mode, but I guess that's not really possible.

Just gave pro clubs a go and had a blast.

Probably been 2years since I played it last.

Just doing drop in games at the moment and most have been great.

But am now starting to get games where the goalkeeper comes out etc

Do we have a fifa 18 playstation pro clubs team?

i use tele broadcast 8-4 , closest to pes 6 standard long camera i could get

Thanks goalgerd, any chance of posting your sliders?

On a side note, i just played one of my younger relatives who plays online all the time. He plays assisted and hasn't heard of sliders. I normally play on full manual myself but when we played our first game i joined him on assisted. He beat me 5-0 because i played slower as if i was still on manual and he played quick pass pass pass.

So in the next game i thought i will play quick pass pass pass too and i beat him 4-2. It felt quite satisfying as apparantly he is quite good online.

Nothing against him but it just helped me to realise that most of his generation will play like that and probably haven't even heard of the sliders either.

I've now started career mode with Spurs at least 5 times with various settings. I started now with the OS sliders version 3, which I really like, and had a lot of tight opening matches to the season, but won most of them, which resulted in the team form going up. And that's where the problem kicks in - as soon as your form is up, you just seem to bulldoze teams, it's super easy to score and create attack after attack (this has happened in every CM I've started). I just beat Leipzig 3-0 away, and put 5 past Swansea, but could've scored a lot more against both teams, due to my players playing like supermen, and their players just not putting up a fight at all (unlike in the first few matches of the season). I'll play on to see if it gets evened out somehow, but the form thing is really unbalancing the gameplay, it seems. I've reduced my pass speed to try to rectify it and balance it somewhat, so we'll see how that goes.

I wish there was a way to just turn off the form in career mode, but I guess that's not really possible.

I'm also experiencing this with my AFC Wimbledon save. Played 8, scored 17, conceded 1, won every game. AI so easy to overcome on Legendary mode. Needs fixing.

I crumbled and bought the game. Still think £55 is pretty outrageous, but I took the gamble.

My biggest issue with the demo was defending, and I was delighted to find it is much better in the full version. Jockey feels so much more responsive than the demo, as it should be and needed to be. So my main problem was instantly gone.

I'm getting serious FIFA 11 vibes off this version, on early impressions. '11 on the 360 was my favourite FIFA, and the last football game I truly got immersed in. I don't know how much of it is the novelty factor (having not really played any football games for the last two or three years), but I've been enjoying the hell out of '18 the last few days.

I'm playing Legendary, Slow, Tactical Defending, and I've dived back into full Manual controls. The only slider change I've made is boosting the User Power Bar to about 75, because I found at default it took prohibitively long to power up manual ground passes. I really like the Co-op camera angle for the wider view of the pitch.

The challenge is great, for me. I feel like I'm getting a little better with each game, and every goal and every hard-fought point feels so rewarding right now. I think the shooting physics, and goalscoring in general, feels satisfying, which is so critical. Tactical defending is a pretty immersive challenge once more, always on edge trying to anticipate and defend the space.

Dribbling is very difficult. I really like that you have to work hard to protect/shield the ball - which is a major reason I'm reminded of FIFA 11. I'm starting to experiment with the [RB] feints now, with which you can do some nice dropped shoulders to create yourself an extra yard.

So far so surprisingly good. I'm really pleasantly shocked how much fun I'm having, after somewhat giving up on the franchise after '14. I don't doubt that in multiplayer/assisted/etc it could probably easily be a disaster, but as a single player challenge I'm quite impressed at this early stage.

Try using my method of Home Matches = World Class and Away Matches = Legendary. I think that should keep the form predicting out of the scope of consideration. I never had these issues using this method, however, I have not dug super deep into a CM yet. Although I plan on doing so.

I using newest matt sliders with update for new patch. I just.changed run frequency. To 50, if you lowering this stat then you can expect tiki taka every match. I rly like. To see that team tactic work. For example west brom. Love to spam with 40 meters long balls like in pes. :) , crystal palace love to use wingers to cross to our cf, teams like chelsea most of the time use ground passes and you will see only few long ball from middle of pitch. Anyway, there is too much forward forward game.

Interesting. How are you liking 50 Run Frequency? Seeing a lot of streaking runs into space in the middle of the pitch? Is the midfielder sprinting with their mark as well?

yep 50 is ok for me. To be honest i didnt see many runs into space in middle sector of the pitch. RF 5 is ok but seems like it doesnt work with AI cpu like we want it to be and force them to make tiki taka of of the time , its hard to explain .

I'm about 10 games in with Milan. Not doing great in the league but only 6 points or so off the top but around 10th.

All my players are unhappy. Is it just league position that would be affecting that? Even the starting 11, nobody is happy.

Apart from winning can you make them happy?

Try using my method of Home Matches = World Class and Away Matches = Legendary. I think that should keep the form predicting out of the scope of consideration. I never had these issues using this method, however, I have not dug super deep into a CM yet. Although I plan on doing so.

Interesting. How are you liking 50 Run Frequency? Seeing a lot of streaking runs into space in the middle of the pitch? Is the midfielder sprinting with their mark as well?

Now i think there was only one match . Anyway, I tested RF again today and i think 5 to not enough , It looks like very ,,static football'' especially against teams like city or chlesea , i played 5 games against top and middle table teams with 30 RF and i think there was good balance . 5 RF makes top teams easier to play against . Its like they holding the ball and dont know what to do. Playing against west brom or newcastle is different story coz game itself forcing them(their tactic settings) to pass or cross a ball.

This game went from Mount Everest to Mariana's Trench when it comes to the patch. Shame on me for actually liking the demo. This game is not enjoyable at all after the latest patch.

• Magnetic Tackles still exist and are actually worse.
  • Overpowered shielding that doesn't take account of any stats whatsoever. (Get outstrengthed by Neymar).
  • Button delay when it comes to tackling the CPU. (Realism apparently)
  • Ball magically going through your body. (Physics FTW!)
  • Score goals by using your CAM/CM and 1 on 1 pass the striker (That's how you score goals 99% of time).
  • Man City/Chelsea is easy to beat whereas mid table teams are inhuman and outperform you all the time.
  • Pre-negotiation or whatever is broken. Why don't they just test their product for once. We have 6 patches and yet no fix for that? Com'on.
  • Keep tiki taka passing forward by the CPU. So predictable.
  • LB/RB doesn't block crosses. What's the point of them?
  • Rubber-banding dribbling. It feels like an imaginary force is tugging you from the back when you dribble 1 on 1.
  • CPU is at steroids/crack near the 90th minute.
b1af3549dd16b88a583b0711dcb47e70.png

Patch notes:

Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
- Incorrect penalty calls where a defender legally wins a header but also collides with an attacking player.
- Goalkeepers staying on the ground too long, not attempting to gather the ball, when the ball was within reach after a save.
- Goalkeepers sometimes not going for the ball after a back pass.
- This issue would occur more often if using manual passing.
Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate team:
- Players getting a message that there are no attempts remaining in the current Daily Knockout Tournament when their final attempt is still active.
- The game freezing when quickly selecting an opponent in Squad Battles immediately after getting to the Opponent Selection screen.
- Corrected some of the text for the squad requirements in FUT Champions.
- A visual issue with an incorrect overall player rating showing in the Player Performance screen of the Pause Menu in certain situations.
-Added additional matchmaking regions in Pro Clubs.

Addressed the following issues in Online Modes:
- Players being unable to make quick subs if they had used all their available pauses.
- The trophy not being presented in the Pro Clubs Championship celebration.
- Captains disconnecting from Pro Clubs matches when Voice Chat is disabled via game launcher.
Addressed the following issues in Career Mode:
- Players signed to pre-contracts, in the first season, not coming to your team if the first summer transfer window was disabled during your Career Mode setup.
- Some player attributes were missing from the Squad HUB.
-The tournament tree in the Women's International Cup being empty after the semifinals.

Addressed the following issues in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
- Repetitive whistling that was heard in some stadiums.
- Some visual issues with the Bundesliga broadcast package.
- Updates to a number of crests and kits.

Back
Top Bottom