FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

So, did anyone manage to start the game on PC? I have downloaded the demo but Origin keeps crashing.

PC version installed and working perfectly, played one friendly and the one match you can play in "The Journey".

They choose the day of one of their biggest demos to fuck up their UI. Fucking ORIGIN and FUCKING EA.

Yes it's incredibly dumb for them to do the app update the same time the demo is released, typical moronic decisions by them.

Dissapointing gameplay, despite the improvement on graphic quality. The default camera is terrible, glad they put last year camera as an option.

There's an ultra setting now besides low/normal/high, which I suppose does increase LOD to maximum levels.

Also, why can't we change those settings inside the game? You would think that it would be different this year with the Frostbite Engine.

Yeah, it works perfectly fine for me, too. PC, Origin.

But I don't like the game at all. I know the final version changes, but I come from PES 2015 and 2016 (before, FIFA 13 - 15) and I don't know. It's like too dull, boring. Of course, presentation is fantastic - Guardiola in there is top. But gameplay wise... just not for me I guess.

Played one game feels better than fifa 15 (last fifa i played), its ok i suppose....EA strike again though halving the frame rate for cut scenes, corners and freekicks....It's ok for me as i play on a 144hz freesync panel, so the frame rate is still a smooth 72fps, but for anyone on a 60hz panel you are looking at a slide show 30fps....fucking marvelous EA.

Somehow I finally managed to add it to my downloads on PS4.
But it is F$%cking slow!!!! It says 12 hours to go, and i have a supersonic glassfibre connection.
Hell, i can travel to Mars and back faster.

Oh well, might as well watch champions league while waiting.

I have managed to play a few matches. It is very similar to previous FIFAs with slightly tweaked (improved?) graphics and weird face skin textures. There are new animations, too. And no sliders.

Well didn't like that much, remember being so impressed with the Fifa 16'demo from the first kick, this one just feels off at the moment.

Fuck is going on with these camera angles as well

I played a lot of 16, and this... Feels the same, to me. (Not very often I say that because there's clear improvements year-on-year, but... The ball is too fast and floaty, the AI on World Class and Legendary has 70% possession and 90% pass completion - yes I know there's sliders but it doesn't fix the lack of variety and the singular style of play.)

Nice to look at but I'm really disappointed with the gameplay. Sliders will make it better, but essentially a prettier version of 16, and after a year of it, I don't really want another one, hence looking forward to 17 in the first place! It feels weird, for want of a deeper explanation. The floaty ball mixed with some weird animations (I had Pogba kick the ball by throwing his foot THROUGH HIS OTHER FOOT in a scissor-like motion)... Gutted.

Players feel lighter than in the beta. Beta was demo more weighted. I hope Eric Bially and other players get scanned faces this player looks nothing like him he is much darker skinned.

Maybe been spoilt by the PES demo but I'd forgotten how useless your teammates are. Didn't look like anything has been done defensively to the game. Still they are taking up poor positions, not reacting etc etc exactly the same as last year.

Dissapointing in general. Controlling the player feels like controlling a tank. Lazer guided passing from both User and CPU with overpowered through pass. Shooting physics seems really unrealistic at times. Can't defend for crap on Legacy Defending. My players seem to ignore the CPU and not tackle them at all. I am going to stick with FIFA 16. Even FIFA 17 BETA was much better. Also no more sliders either. Also the player respond times are not even there. The AI is terrible.

Back
Top Bottom