FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

fifa 14 is ok on next gen, but on pc is just an average.

fifa 12 was last good old gen on pc, while from fifa 15 everything is even more better.

i play 14 just because of best mod ever created for any sports game - classic patch.
So what s the difference btw pc and ps4, is there a difference in gameplay

So what s the difference btw pc and ps4, is there a difference in gameplay
Big difference. PC is last-gen, PS4 is (at the time) next-gen.

See my posts about it from various threads below:

Thanks for mentioning FIFA 14 @Anth James / @Marlon Anthony. Redownloaded it on the Xbox tonight, the then "next-gen" version, and amazingly it still feels next-gen. Physical games, realistic ball flights, semi-passing is hard as nails (I'd forgotten how dumbed-down "semi" passing is now) and satisfying stats/scorelines. Had a real blast with my old player career.

The weight of the players is so satisfying, as are the ball flights of the shots. It's so sad where FIFA is now.

FIFA 14 on PC, especially with the "Classic Patch" (Google it!), is an amazing spectacle. Solid gameplay too.

However, the then-"next-gen" versions are totally different games. It's slow and stiff by today's standards, but the physics are really nice, and my Be A Pro mode is still a lot of fun. Also, it's really challenging, but not because the AI plays ping-pong passing. It's just good AI.

I prefer the content of the PC Classic Patch, but I prefer the gameplay of the console version.

Big difference. PC is last-gen, PS4 is (at the time) next-gen.

See my posts about it from various threads below:
seems im stuck now as i need to buy fifa 16 again and we can t use online credit cards now in lebanon, situation.......is real bad here for such entertainment purchases...

how can fix this sudden speed boost in career mode.. im on slow gameplay, but i get this sudden speed boost as if i set gameplay to fast

well after playing some 15 to 20 games, i don t really feel the urge to come back, every match feels the same, and it became too easy legendary difficulty on assisted, the overall feel of the build up play is the problem, the passing, the behavior of the ball, there s no satisfaction when scoring, and if i go back to the other game 2021 version, i will have to mod the hell out of it, which i really don t know much about modding the gameplay tbh.....such a bad time to get a real good football game for my football fix.
i just want to know, why does fifa feel samey.....?

i also have same feeling with fifa 14 pc, every game is so similar, lack of players' individuality, always same way to win the ball against opponent... i could write more and more... maybe next time :)

i also have same feeling with fifa 14 pc, every game is so similar, lack of players' individuality, always same way to win the ball against opponent... i could write more and more... maybe next time :)
What next time? Lol there won t be next time, lost interest,looking back at possibility of other game, but needs one hell of a mod to be good lol

Since Origin has gone (and been replaced by the EA app), FIFA 14 has stopped working for me.

I've tried everything I can think of, and it was working perfectly before... but I just get the "EA Sports Football Club" logo, and then it quits.

Don't suppose anyone has any ideas...

Wow, I randomly played some Fifa not long ago. Can't believe they already completely shut down Origin in the meantime.

Installed this EA App thing but man, if I have a bad feeling about this..

Since Origin has gone (and been replaced by the EA app), FIFA 14 has stopped working for me.

I've tried everything I can think of, and it was working perfectly before... but I just get the "EA Sports Football Club" logo, and then it quits.

I am still using Origin...

I just checked EA app for 14 and it's launching for me still. Do you need to regenerate bh files maybe?

I got it working. I renamed my original folder and downloaded a new version — the last two nights, it wouldn't download from the EA App, even though it acted like it was trying to do something. Got it working this morning and the new version installed, then reverted my old folder name to FIFA 14 and, boom, Classic Patch is there full in-tact. Phew!

I know the general consensus is that fifa 16 is the best fifa game on PC with mods right now.

but I’ve been playing so much 14 of late. It’s such a damn fine football game.

Anyone know is there are mods for it? And are they straightforward to install?

I know the general consensus is that fifa 16 is the best fifa game on PC with mods right now.

but I’ve been playing so much 14 of late. It’s such a damn fine football game.

Anyone know is there are mods for it? And are they straightforward to install?
Only what is arguably the best FIFA patch of all time... The incredible encyclopedia of football that is FIFA Classic Patch. If you haven't already tried it, you're in for a treat.

@Peter Withe Welcome aboard! FIFA 14 has a limited amount of patches, but it does have the granddaddy of them all: the Classic Patch. The Classic Patch is an encyclopedia of football history and features teams from all eras. Depending on what era you like best (mine are 90s Champions Leagues and old World Cups), you can play with whichever team your heart desires and get lost in football history.

For modern leagues, the FIFA Infinity Patch last updated in April 2022. ModdingWay has a great one where you can switch the databases from the original FIFA 14 to updates through the 17/18 season. There's a specific 2014 World Cup mode that I'm playing that is excellent.

They are relatively easy to add, but will take some time overwriting files and then you will need to "regenerate" the game, which I can help you with if you don't know it. ModdingWay is an all-in-one installer that makes installing easier.

To have multiples, I suggest you download multiple versions of the original game and rename the folder based on which one you want to use. That way, you are starting with a clean game and there's less unneeded file overlap.

@Peter Withe Welcome aboard! FIFA 14 has a limited amount of patches, but it does have the granddaddy of them all: the Classic Patch. The Classic Patch is an encyclopedia of football history and features teams from all eras. Depending on what era you like best (mine are 90s Champions Leagues and old World Cups), you can play with whichever team your heart desires and get lost in football history.

For modern leagues, the FIFA Infinity Patch last updated in April 2022. ModdingWay has a great one where you can switch the databases from the original FIFA 14 to updates through the 17/18 season. There's a specific 2014 World Cup mode that I'm playing that is excellent.

They are relatively easy to add, but will take some time overwriting files and then you will need to "regenerate" the game, which I can help you with if you don't know it. ModdingWay is an all-in-one installer that makes installing easier.

To have multiples, I suggest you download multiple versions of the original game and rename the folder based on which one you want to use. That way, you are starting with a clean game and there's less unneeded file overlap.
Thank you! I will check out the FIP patch for sure.

EDIT: I couldn't get anywhere with my version of FIFA 14 as it was a re-pack but I've found FIFA 16 on CD Keys and bought that. :)

Last edited:
I've wanted to try the FIFA 14 classic patch for a long time, but the only question I have is: how does Career Mode work? (it's my favorite part of any football game, career mode/ML).

For example, say I want to play with a classic Millonarios team (would probably be under the classic Libertadores teams), and I set up a Career mode. How would this work? Do I have to set up all of the leagues or does the game randomly pick teams from different eras to play in my league / different leagues? Would like to know this particular point before downloading and applying the patch. :)

Last edited:
@millossobek The Classic Patch doesn't have a traditional career mode (in fact, I think it's removed from the menu screen as an option). Instead, it focuses on tournaments and exhibition matches. You can play tournaments like the World Cup, Euros and Champions Leagues in the exact fashion as they were played, with regards to groups and fixtures, but there's no ability to play a "season" or continue your progress because that wasn't really their intention. As a result, there's also no player progression.

You can set up custom tournaments with teams from the same decade (the db loads by decades, so if, for example, you load the 90s one, you only can play with 90s teams). I can't remember what settings you can change, but it's more or less the traditional group/knockout with flexible sizes.

But there's no season or career mode available.

Edit: the exception is Serie A from the 90s and 00s, which I believe have every team in the league and the ability to play a "tournament" as a season with them.

Gotta love this game.

Transfer market: closes on august 31.
My physio on september 1: "hey man, just to let you know that one of your crucial players is out for 5 months 'cause he got injured during training".

Back
Top Bottom