Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

I sort of 90% was sure this wasn't going to be anything to get excited about, and, well, it isn't. Still, not long now 'til we find out something pertinent, hopefully!

It's nothing to be excited about because it's a pre-rendered image. Nothing more. It's not FIFA12, just a promotional shot.

It is using in-game resources though. That will be more or less what the replays look like (though far less smooth).

It's probably in-engine with a special rigged Kaka just for that screenshot and not an actual natural animation in the game. Would be more interesting with actual gameplay screenshot to at least give us a chance to try to spot new things.

Monkey heads.

LOL. The non-famous players in FIFA also oddly look like they could be zombies from The Walking Dead.....

Back to that picture, I suppose it does use in-game resources but will be from a high-end PC rendering the image. Screenshots have looked 'kind' of similar to how the general art style will look, but the actual picture is miles ahead of the finished product in terms of quality.

It's a bit like all those TV ads EA put out advertising the Harry Potter games. They showed pre-rendered images and movies, that kind of indicated the way the graphics may look, but also had to place a statement under the commercial stating 'not in-game footage'. They should do the same with these screenshots.

Can't believe I'm debating a picture. Stupid EA.

Don't worry - FIFA's gameplay will be a 'revolution' according to David Rutter.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1161561p1.html

Somehow I believe that there will be a big difference this year, I think there will be a really substantial change - whether it will be enough or even a serious improvement is another question.

I'll take anything that comes out of Rutter's mouth with a huge pinch of salt. Every year something is going to be 'amazing', mostly the career game modes, and every year they balls it up. I can't see anything revolutionary happening until they get a new engine personally.

My main concern is that I'm not sure how broad they realise the problems are. My general fear is that they will 'revolutionise' the defending, maybe tinker with momentum a bit, and say "finished". One of the things which really hit me when I wrote up the enemies of fifa thread was the sheer nightmare for EA of dealing with so many very interconnected problems. Whether it's the shooting, the keepers, teh passing, the AI, the defending, the movement, FIFA isn't getting any of it even close to perfect - there are a myriad of flaws within each part.

I'll give it to EA, I'm interested, but both pessimistic and wary. At the end of the day I'm deeply curious what their response will be to the feedback they've received from everyone.

adobe_photoshop_cs4_box.jpg

I dont need to say more bullshots FTW...

Don't worry - FIFA's gameplay will be a 'revolution' according to David Rutter.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1161561p1.html

Somehow I believe that there will be a big difference this year, I think there will be a really substantial change - whether it will be enough or even a serious improvement is another question.

Managed to get a sneak peak at the upcoming pr event statement. I have a contact*......honestly. Anyway, some interesting info below;

"This year we have revolutionised the shooting and passing animations and AI reactions. After last year's defensive development we have taken another step by making the AI perform 2000 decisions per second and automatically shoot when within certain parameters and distances from goal.

We consider this one of the biggest leaps in football simulation and a key point in our continued development of the FIFA brand."

Pro Shooting."

You heard it here first!

* Does this make me the official Evo-Web Contact Bullsh!t Winner of 2011?!

So then I presume that means the AI will shoot within a certain distance regardless of the situation they find themselves in....hmmm....sounds like more robotic decision making irrespective of the game that's going on around it. So if an AI player is at a tight angle, has a team mate perfectly square waiting for a pass and open goal, the 'parameters' will kick in and he'll ignore his team mate and shoot regardless. Brilliant.

There go EA again with the numbers bragging. "2000" decisions", before it's been "over 100 inmprovements" etc etc etc. It's the same thing every year.

Oh, and exactly what defensive developments were made? All they did was make the AI sit deeper, rely more on the counter attack, and ratchet up the AI's pressuring by allowing them to sprint relentlessly for 90 minutes, and turn in a bizarrely fast manner. They really don't seem to have a clue, yet it'll sell by the millions.

So then I presume that means the AI will shoot within a certain distance regardless of the situation they find themselves in....hmmm....sounds like more robotic decision making irrespective of the game that's going on around it. So if an AI player is at a tight angle, has a team mate perfectly square waiting for a pass and open goal, the 'parameters' will kick in and he'll ignore his team mate and shoot regardless. Brilliant.

There go EA again with the numbers bragging. "2000" decisions", before it's been "over 100 inmprovements" etc etc etc. It's the same thing every year.

Oh, and exactly what defensive developments were made? All they did was make the AI sit deeper, rely more on the counter attack, and ratchet up the AI's pressuring by allowing them to sprint relentlessly for 90 minutes, and turn in a bizarrely fast manner. They really don't seem to have a clue, yet it'll sell by the millions.

Ummm...

I hope EA add a new mode like "be the post".
It would be awesome to feel the sense of being hit by a long shot and feel the controller vibration and the 3d effect of the ball comming to hit you.

Back
Top Bottom