FIFA 11 Videos & Pictures

They do, but I wasn't talking about situations like these, where keeper is facing his goal and trying to catch the ball, no 'forcefield' here.

But there are situations when keeper is jump-catching the ball (usually the high ones) with his back turned to goal ... he grabs the ball firmly near the goal line, he's still moving/falling backwards and with usual laws of physics applied, he should be landing behind the goal line, much like the FIFA video you posted before. But he won't, some kind of invisible force will make him bounce out of the goal.

They do, but I wasn't talking about situations like these, where keeper is facing his goal and trying to catch the ball, no 'forcefield' here.

But there are situations when keeper is jump-catching the ball (usually the high ones) with his back turned to goal ... he grabs the ball firmly near the goal line, he's still moving/falling backwards and with usual laws of physics applied, he should be landing behind the goal line, much like the FIFA video you posted before. But he won't, some kind of invisible force will make him bounce out of the goal.
My fault then. I misunderstood what you said...
Yes, there have been a couple of occasions in PES6 in which my keeper dropped the ball exactly when the ball was over the goal line: realistic in some way, but it just felt scripted as there was no animation for it, just the ball freefalling from the keeper's hands, while the keeper was continuing the "catch" animation.

Don't know if from 2008 onwards it got any better.

Back
Top Bottom