Features that would make the game perfect

A08K

Non-League
18 September 2022
Hello good people,
I’m starting this thread to include some features that in my opinion would enhance the game experience of any football game, PES in particular.
It’s not something likely to ever be included in any game but let’s just try to imagine the perfect football experience.
I will start, feel free to add whatever feature you could possibly imagine :)
I’ll be updating this post from time to time

Manager Career:

- Players relationship:
Your relationship with players impacts the way they stick to the gameplan and their form.
Your relationship with players could change during the season, for example you could be given the chance to praise or talk bad about your players in press or the AI could randomly ask you for your opinion on a certain player and his performance during press conferences. We had something similar in ML but it didn’t really affect the game.
You could also improve or downgrade this stat during games for example subbing a player off he may be angry or not and you’d be given the chance to shake hands with him or ignore him while he’s coming off the pitch.
If your relationship is too bad with a player it increases the chance of him leaving the club, having constantly a bad match condition, not sticking to the gameplan, or even having your relationship with fans drop (if he’s the captain or the star of the team).

- Relationship with other clubs
Basically the same thing as above. Depending on the way you talk about a certain team in press conferences, your relationship with them changes. If you mock them after a victory or underestimate them constantly, your chances in the future of becoming the manager of that team drops and the rivalry between any team you manage and them increases (fans booing you during matches, derby features applied to the matches against them).
Otherwise if you are always respectful towards a team, you may even receive offers from them and if you join them, you will have better fans support stats.

- Relationship with fans
This stat should be altered depending on your coaching during games. For example if you keep subbing off players with high popularity between fans, you hear them booing you, the players conditions drop and you risk getting fired if they are constantly angry at you and you keep loosing games.
Otherwise praising them in press conferences for their support and having a good relationship with the core players of the team and obviously having a good win rate increases this stat: you will receive more support during games and so players condition might be higher.

- Training sessions:
I imagined something like fifa prematch games to be played between championship fixtures, where you could assign each player to a certain training game in order to boost certain stats. It should be skippable and stats assigned automatica

Player career:

- Relationship with manager:
It basically depends on your game performances, the point collected during training sessions, the way you act when you get subbed (to high five manager press O, to get angry and kick bottles press X for example). This stat affects the chances of you being in the starting 11 and keep playing for that club.

- Relationship with fans:
Fans may praise you or boo you depending on your performances. For example if you are going through a bad period im terms of goal scoring they’ll either be neutral or whistle and boo you when you are in ball possession. If you manage to score a goal you’ll be given the chance to either try reconnect with them (Press O to kiss the team badge on shirt and thank the fans) or be cocky (press X to celebrate with a “shhhh 🤫” or a “can’t hear you enough”).
You could also be asked in post match interviews about your relationship with the fans and you might praise them or criticise them. Just as your relationship with the manager this stat affects your chance of starting a game or staying in the team. If you are always nice to them and perform good and stay enough in the club you can become a team legend etc.

- Relationship with other teams
Basically the same as manager career , but you can also mock them after you score a goal with your celebrations or be respectful.
You should also be given the chance to decide if you wanna celebrate or not when you score against a team you used to play for.

hey there,
i agree with what you wrote there, great ideas.
i remember, one eternity ago, i played Fifa 08 on PC and it had some similar features in Manager Mode.
for example, if you gave a sh*tty / sarcastic answer in a press conference, your team spirit would drop 3-5 points (from 74 to 70 or such) and the squad would play weak for 1-2 matches.
or, if you talked negatively about a player, his form / morale would drop a couple points, might even go from a Green Bar to Yellow Bar
if you did not train the Team 1-2 times a week, or if you over-trained them, they would have low stamina or low form when the next match (weekend) came, and again the squad would play poorly.
so you would have to plan in a smart way, training / light training 2-3 times a week, with a matchday on Sat / Sun and then, give the Team some rest the next 2 Days, kinda like in PES 2013 ?!
i wish some developer would make a modern-day PES 2012 / 2013 version, with the features you mentioned, and decent gameplay with carefully-adjusted AI, to not fall into the scripting / momentum habit :FISH:

Good thread, got me thinking about a few areas

1. Online Master League / Career Mode - never played a version of this on PES, but being able to invite a few mates into a league where you all control a team with finite resources (cash), bidding for the same players (i.e., there is only one Messi or whoever availale), and the impact that would have on your squad. So you might have a stacked front line but your defence and midfield are all like Master League default players, that would be great
2. Adaptive crowd - if your team are playing crap there are more boos, less fans coming to watch, which then impacts on the finances. This would work in the opposite if your team is doing well
3. Scenarios / Challenges - remember something like this on ISS 64 and one of the world cup Fifa games. You basically get dropped into a game where you're in a specific scenario (down to 10 men with 15 mins left, and you need to score 3 goals), and only pass to the next 'level' once you've completed the previous challenge

Last edited:
Cool thread. Let's dive right into it. :TU:

1. No regens and a proper youth system. Create realistic random players based on the league you're playing in. For example, if you're playing Brasileirao, random youths would have names like "Eduardo Silva", or "Joao Kleber" for example, have a range of "Brazilian-looking" appearances, etc.. And if you're playing in the J-League, you could have names like "Yoshi Matsumoto" or "Toshiro Honda", and have a range of Japanese appearances. That would add so much to the game, and it's the biggest aspect which could be improved, IMO.

2. I would love it if PES had sliders. I don't really know if the sliders feature is trademarked by FIFA, but I think having this feature would help a lot in PES, they would really complement the already existing gameplay mods!

3. More "personal" elements like you guys mentioned. I don't really need something as deep as football manager, but yeah.. more frequent press conferences, more reactions from fans and the players depending on your responses, players approaching you more often to ask for playing time, etc, would be nice.

4. Cutscenes, cutscenes! I would love if the game had more manager/player cutscenes/reactions, especially during a game. I love taking screenshots of my matches, and this would add a lot to the immersion. I love for example, when players get into a shoving match in PES 6 after a red card, or how in PES 2021, the manager rushes the field to embrace the players after a last-minute goal. More of that!

Finally, and perhaps the thing I would most llike to see is:

5. More leagues! The more the merrier. Even the most obscure leagues. Uzbekistan? Yes. Peruvian second division? Bring it on. Nigerian and Bulgarian Leagues? Definitely. This is part of the reason why I love some of the FIFA patches, such as CEP (Career expansion pack for FIFA 11), which has all European Leagues, and all 10 South American Leagues + many others. I absolutely love playing in obscure leagues in lesser known areas, to me it makes all the difference in the world!

I'm sure there are literally hundreds of other things I could think of, but for now, these 5 would suffice. :)

Last edited:
one more thing i thought of, for many years whenever i play a Player Career in older Fifa or Pro Evo:

Player Progression, not just your own Player, but all your Teammates (and after you change Teams with Transfer, etc) should happen and happen more frequently.
When your Team is on a winning streak or a Cup Run, the OVR skill of every single Player (including the Substitutes that played Minutes / Matches) should go up like the Form Arrow in Pro Evo.
When the Team loses a string of Matches, it should drop Players Form or even their OVR Skill by 1 point, for all the Players & Subs that played over that Period and played poorly.
so that it makes the Player Progression not Static - younger Players always go up in OVR points (if at all), and older Players always go down in OVR.
instead its always dynamic, and maybe Players at Age 35-36 will drop 1 point in OVR at the end of the Season, which would be sort-of realistic

i guess that would also require the core Gameplay to be programmed more "dumb", which is arguably not good for the Game itself.
when Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Man City are highly rated, and are more likely to win many matches across all Competitions, it makes the Game stale and one-dimensional, so some counter-measures would have to be put in the Game, to not have the same Teams win all the Cups and Championships, every year after another.
a more dynamic Injury System maybe, where the top rated Players (85+) from every team would occasionally miss a month with injury, so the Teams would not just dominate and win everything every season
what do you guys think ?

Back
Top Bottom