FC Barcelona Thread

Suarez: 4 goals and 3 assists against Deportivo.

Opta:
7 - Luis Suárez is the first player to have a hand in 7 goals in a La Liga game on 21st Century (4 goals, 3 assists). Predatory.

Well the wheels have well and truly come off the bus. This is the hard times for barca fans that we need to endure. I still believe we will win the league. Just a pity this is making me have sleepless nights. We should have finished Valencia off in the first half hour already.

There are no issues except the mental block our players are having.

The Barca dark ages are over. So happy for you and the other long suffering Barca fans :D

(Bony is still available btw)

Iexpected something like what happened in the last month. While the team was surfing towards another treble, there were a lot of signs that the players were physically and mentally burned out.

We were really lucky to win at Malaga, Las Palmas, Levante... We were lucky to win Arsenal away in a game that could have fell to either side, and then the international matches. Most of the players are out of gas, like Busquets, Messi, Neymar and Alba.

Well, that happens when your starting eleven is so good and your bench is not adding real value. Turan hasn't produced at all, Aleix Vidal is not even playing, and the rest of bench players are quite average, nothing from the bench can change a match.

On the other side, having a trio of attackers as good as the one we have (probably the best one I've ever seen) has a negative side: they always play, it's very hard to make one of them sit in the bench. And the same for the midfielders. So at the end we have only 12 players you can really count on in modern football this is a sign of vulnerability. I can see the board selling one of the big stars (probably neymar) for a load of cash and use it to buy 4-5 players that fight for different spots.

I think the team is able to win the league title if they put the last drop of energy into it, but any of the top three can win it and all of them deserve it.

Another season in which Simeone achieves the biggest success with less resources than practically all of their real opponents. I hope they win the Champions League this season. They really deserve it, more than any other team.

Lqlq564.png

5lTm8Qx.png

J5dFlez.png

It's a deja vu and it begins to stink. We face again one of the hardest teams in the lottery while Madrid, even finishing 2nd in his group, has a much weaker side. It's pathetic how we and Bayern always face hard temas each rounds while other have the same luck each year. It's getting to a point in which absurd conspiration theories are getting more consistent with statistics.

In the last 10 years, counting all the draws of all rounds, Real Madrid has systematically faced one of the (if not THE) weakest possible team. And in 97% of the cases of nearly 30 draws, it has eluded Arsenal, Bayern, Chelsea, PSG, Man City, Milan, Juventus, Barcelona and Atletico every time they could be eluded. Meanwhile all the other top level teams have faced each other in 80% of the draws in when it was possible. We have faced Man City, PSG, Chelsea, Arsenal and Atletico several times in 1/8 and 1/4 rounds, for example.

I know luck can be very picky, but still, it raises some eyebrows... I'm tired of facing the same top teams each year in 1/8 and 1/4 rounds of CL. I would love to see Dortmund, Naples, Benfica, Oporto and teams like those as well, just for the sake of variety. But it seems we are sticked to the top teams in evey draw.

And I guess Arsenal fans can post exactly the same. They always have "bad luck· in draws as well...

Last Time Arsenal played RM , Arsenal went to the final . The 1st time Arsenal wins a group we get Bayern and imagine we finished 2nd getting Barca. Arsenal always faces the CL winner or finalist! I expect both PSG/Arsenal to fight but lose out -_- something is very strange here...dark forces

It's not a bad team by no means, of course not. In fact it's quite a good team, but we're talking about Champions League, 1/8 round, where we ALWAYS have to face the likes of Man City, PSG, Arsenal in 1/8 even if we ended first in the group, while Real has faced the likes of Roma, CSKA, Apoel, Schalke, Napoli even if they didn't end first in the group in some of them.

It's getting a bit fishy. Of course it may be pure luck, but knowing how the draws were rigged in the past (as many sources have already confirmed) you can't always be sure, specially when results start following a pattern.

You might be relatively Lucky with PSG.
They are vulnerable until now (but getting better) and anyway, imo PSG is not a top team...
Also glad for the Sevilla match, a match between two outsiders (can't remember the other team, was it Leicester???)...i Always support the underdogs in the CL.

The only teams who can win it are Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona and perhaps Juventus or Atletico Madrid. All the other teams are not good enough. Victories like Porto's, Liverpool's or even Chelsea's are freak victories...accidents because the big teams underachieved.

Frankly, i'm more interested in the Euro League, despite Sevilla winning it quite often (but not this year).

Yes Gerd, PSD is actually in bad shape right now, let's see in two months. But they have the players to be a top team.

By the way, just what I was talking about Messi... yesterday he signed 3 incredible plays that no one else can perform in this sport. It's amazing how some people still insists on comparing him. He is not human, he's the biggest prodigy football has ever seen by a mile, like Jordan was in the NBA. It's not the goals or number of assists, we're talking about BEAUTY, ART and MAGIC. And I watched it live, again. How bloody lucky I am.

Seems to have got that little extra zip back

His run for the 2nd goal, the right foot touch :... the balance....

Needs to prove himself in the PL tho ;)

I'm no expert on all things Barcelona but every game I've watched this year it has been Messi carrying/saving them. Are they really going to waste the few great years Messi has left? I wonder.

I'm no expert on all things Barcelona but every game I've watched this year it has been Messi carrying/saving them. Are they really going to waste the few great years Messi has left? I wonder.

My feelings exactly. People is not aware of the impact he has on the game on all levels. That's why I firmly believe now more than ever that he's the best player I've ever seen. He does everything, and has for years since Guardiola left. The midfield has been atrocious for the last 2 years and Neymar is not living up to the hype.

Even though with him we have won 8 league titles and 4 Champions League in a decade, amongst other titles, I think his talent is being wasted in the sense that HE deserved to win everything every year.

That said, last year we won the league and the domestic cup. We only lost on Champions league in a very tight fixtura against Atletico in a bad match. For any other team it would have been a great year. Not for a Messi's team. That's how high people has put the bar for him.

Besides, I laugh at people saying that he did nothing with his national squad. He alone has put Argentina into 3 consecutive finals, all of them lost by sheer bad luck. If Higuain had not wasted clear 1 vs 1 chances, or they had not lost on penalty shooutous twice, by now he could have a world cup and 2 Copa America. Never in history had Argentina reached 3 consecutive finals. He has mediocre players around there. Still there's people saying he achieved nothing...

IMO it would be good for both Barcelona and Messi if he left them...but who could afford him?

No way! Without him, we would be an Europa League team right now, really. Plus, I want to see him live as much time as I can. I won't see anything like it in my entire life.

By the way, the reason behind Barcelona "relative decadence" in the last 2 years is the board and the coach. We have spent millions on mediocre players. If you don't surround Messi with talent, he may help you win some titles, but you can't expect him to win everything by himself.

I agree with you drekaard, but that is the reason why it would be a good thing ( in the long term) for Barcelona.
The people who decide about the transfers have become lazy because of Messi.

If he would be gone, it would be Obvious that the squad is not good enough...and that would be the start of a rebuild...and i also understand your "reason" that you want so see Messi every two weeks... i also would want to see him every two weeks, but that is not an objective reason why he should play for KV Mechelen...

IMO you don't have to be afraid. Messi is virtually untransferable...how much is he worth if you look at the amount of money clubs are paying for players that aren't half as good as he is...

By the way, both Real Madrid and Barcelona would be interested in Delle Alli...that is how the market works...you score 7 goals in 4 matches and that is enough...i know Alli was great last season, but he started mediocre this season (because of the Euro's of course) and was almost written off...

A little off topic but I poked fun at the picture FIFA used for Suarez last night and my friend who shares the same nationality as Suarez had this to say. Can't say I agree with all of it.

"Big teeth, funny ears and vampires is old comedy my brother. People hate Suarez because he's ugly but the best player currently on earth. Anytime a minority player with sick skills excels the Anglo media will always demonize them... I've seen this happen with African and Asian talent as well.

Bottom line is this - I ask haters to count how many championships England won and their accomplishments in the last few WC. By my calculation my team 2WC, 15 CA - dude I love knowing we are a football factory nation, I sleep with a smile on my face all the time... Celeste hasta la murete hermanito, 555

PS - google "garra charrua" - this is the essence of our success"

People hate Suarez because he's a diving, biting, racism spewing cheat

I think he more deserved the 'Best Player' award than CRonaldo tho

One could argue that your last post was a cleverly diguised racist post, review.
Cleverly, because you use a(n) (imaginary?) friend to make your racist point.

I don't see any negative reactions towards Neymar and Messi from the 'Anglo media'. So there must be something other wrong with Suarez than being a 'minority player'. He's a fantastic football player, but when he was at Liverpool, he lacked the intelligence to see that a minimum of fair-play is very important in England.

Oh and could you define 'minority player'?

For the record, i'm Belgian and not 'Anglo'.

Imaginary friend. LMAO! PM me your email address and I can forward you some of the convo (which is still ongoing) if you're interested in joining the discussion. I simply copy and pasted his rebuttal here. I did not say those things.

Aye. My only regret is that I didn't watch him enough during his peak seasons which were probably 2011 and 2012. I'm sure I can find some extended Messi vs. Bilbao, Valencia etc comps on YouTube though.

In terms of goals and assists, probably those were his best seasons. But in terms of completely dominating the game, the last 3 years have been amazing as well, not just goals, but the way he does Xavi, Iniesta & Messi all at the same time.

it was amazing seeing Messi with blonde hair, for me it was so dominating when he just appeared after last Copa America that you could probably say he evolved to SuperSaiyan or an Akuma kind of character.

A player so overpowered that it is a little unfair to the rest of the football world.. he scores from everywhere, creates beautiful goals for the best #9 as of today, all while sporting that Vegeta smirk.

Impossible not to love that guy, makes me feel like Ray Hudson when trying to explain what he does to football

Back
Top Bottom