F.C.Porto WORLD CHAMPION!!!

jnco_analog

Non-League
31 August 2003
Porto did a great game and once caldas played howfully...porto was a fair winner and the penalties were very unfair to the best team on the 120 minutes, F.C.PORTO!!!!

F.C.PORTO:

1 UEFA CUP
2 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
1 EUROPEEN SUPERCUP
2 TOYOTA CUP

Of course you're right Joost...but the same goes for most of the threads you (or me) begin...
If the fact that Porto wins a stupid football match can give joy to people, then the may win many more matches in the future...
If one litle boy or girl in a war strikken area gets some consolation from a football result, then football is very important...
Football can be great, what i don't lik are the people who start to feel superior because "their" (we won) team won a stupid football match. In that case it's only a stupid football match...
I hope you get my point, my Dutch friend.

Gerd writing as Stan...

great! Once Caldas played with 10 defenders! I possibly don't know how they win the libertadores cup... crappy team... but where still good enough to hold porto for 120 mins! but porto were also very unlucky! 4 shots at the bar, 2 goals disallowed falsely... if the refs weren't incompetent the game would have ended in the 90 min!
GO PORTO!

ha ha, to say porto are the world champs is crazy. They are nothing on the team of the last two years. . . . ..

2nd year in a row that the game went into PK's. Last year Milan tied 1-1 and went to PK's with an in-form Boca. Bloody oldman costacurta missed his PK.

grav3digg3r said:
great! Once Caldas played with 10 defenders! I possibly don't know how they win the libertadores cup... crappy team... but where still good enough to hold porto for 120 mins! but porto were also very unlucky! 4 shots at the bar, 2 goals disallowed falsely... if the refs weren't incompetent the game would have ended in the 90 min!
GO PORTO!

almost the same way that they tried to win the game against porto. by putting 10 defenders in the bak , and hoping to go to pk's.

thats how they beat barcelona(ecuador), tied with sao paulo, santos in brazil, and won by 1;0, and 2-1, and in the final against boca, they tied 0-0 in argentina, and won the game in colombia by pk's. they really got lucky. besides lucky and playin defense all the time, they have a great keeper, carlos henao, he is really good.

and if anyone wants to know why diego was so angry at the goalie, here's a little article to explain that i took from bbc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:.After scoring his penalty in the shoot-out against Once Caldas at the end of the World Club Cup final, Porto midfielder Diego swore at the goalkeeper and was rightly sent off. :.

The young Brazilian's action was foolish and immature, but it was understandable.

Diego had come up against Once Caldas twice earlier in the year while he was still playing for Santos.

The teams met in the quarter-finals of the Copa Libertadores, and the approach of Once Caldas was the same as the one they showed in Sunday's clash between the champions of Europe and South America.

Last edited:
"if the refs weren't incompetent the game would have ended in the 90 min!"

Suppose you could say the same for the match between Celtic and Porto for UEFA cup final huh?.

Porto are cheaters, McCarthy punched someone in the head FROM BEHIND, he should be banned for 6 months, that is assault.

And we all know Deco, the amazing diver..I see Porto miss his diving abilities.

Diving should be encouraged not outlawed. Its one of the finest skills a footballer can possess.

kingpug said:

Suppose you could say the same for the match between Celtic and Porto for UEFA cup final huh?.

Porto are cheaters, McCarthy punched someone in the head FROM BEHIND, he should be banned for 6 months, that is assault.

You really sound bitter, did Deco rob you from your possesions or something?

So let me get this straight, you guys all find it normal there's war going on around the world? Yeah, go on and talk about this silly Toyota cup, do that while another little kid dies from starvation. Do that, y'all a bunch of ignorant human beings.

kingpug said:

yah cheaters... surely... Porto dominated entire matches against the best teams in europe by cheating and diving... sure... (grow up, and accept the that celtic lost to the best team)

I sure miss deco... and mourinho... oh and ricardo carvalho... oh and paulo ferreita.... oh and pedro mendes... only players and coach that are in the best teams in england and spain! (1st place for both barça and chelsea) (maybe not pedro mendes but totheham are making a good run this year)
Deco is with Ronaldinho the engine of the team!

"McCarthy punched someone in the head FROM BEHIND, he should be banned for 6 months, that is assault. "
yup that's true... banned three games and payed quite a fine i heard...

i know porto isn't the team it was before... but are improving as time passes... the start of the season they were crap... but know they are improving... and we ain't millionares!

joostebrood said:
Yeah Gravedigger, ignore my point. Forget about the problems our world is having. You do that

have u read the title of the thread? o.O
wanna talk bout iraq and so on... go the proper places... (or threads)

joostebrood said:
So let me get this straight, you guys all find it normal there's war going on around the world? Yeah, go on and talk about this silly Toyota cup, do that while another little kid dies from starvation. Do that, y'all a bunch of ignorant human beings.

Damn straight. The Toyota cup is way more important than any war George Dubya bush is waging in a bid to gain all the worlds oil supplies for America.

"(grow up, and accept the that celtic lost to the best team)"

I would love to, but cant, from what I remember in the game between Celtic and FC Porto, Porto did the dirtiest things to win, now...some people dont mind this, but I do, so live with it.

"i know porto isn't the team it was before... but are improving as time passes... the start of the season they were crap... but know they are improving... and we ain't millionares!"

Whats this got to do with what McCarthy done?..

Now that we mention it, what was his punishment?..

The Porto gameplan revolved around diving and niggling tactics, but a good football team would be able to overcome this. Celtic are not a good football team, they are mediocre at best and the achievement of reaching the UEFA cup final is a pinacle that no other Scottish football team will ever achieve. The entire Scottish population and lovers of Scottish football should bask in the glory of Celtics monumental achievement.

Hello lads

Congrats on getting though the group stages.

Was just wondering how el postigo pat and diego are getting on for you guys. Diegos goal against chelsea was superb and I saw that awesome assist he did about a month ago! Havnt seen much of the postman apart from when he hit the post against cska and got booed at stamford bridge when he came on =(. Is he basically on the bench every game these days ?

If your wondering mendes has done pretty well at spurs. Hes been one of our best players so far and hes really unlucky to find himself out of the team at the minute. Definately one of the bargains of the season imo.

Celtic sucks ass :x and i mean it, they really do ! This is celtic -> :P and this is Ass -> (_o_)

And this is celtic sucking ass :P(_o_)

;D

Milanista said:
and Porto are the best in the universe.

Of course they are, they have won everything and they play in Portugal which is next to spain and the world revolves around it. Porto are the best team ever!!!! YAY lets hear it for Porto. What does Porto mean in Portugese? is it chicken? cause we have Portugese chicken places over ere called O Porto, just got to go O Porto!

Back
Top Bottom