Extending Sky Cable

Tim7

Retired Footballer
6 May 2003
Gravesend
Charlton Athletic FC
Right, I've got a Sky box in my room currently, however I don't actually sleep in there anymore, as I sleep literally in the next room in the house as there's a double bed in there and the missus stays over more often than not. So basically I want to move the Sky box from my room into the spare room. It will need a hole drilling through between the two rooms, which should be relatively easy as it's not a thick wall. Then I will need to run two things through this wall - the actual sky cable that comes from the wall in my room, and a phone line as there isn't one in the spare room.

Luckily, the point where the sky cable comes into my room is quite near the wall where I would drill through to the spare room, and it's also near where the phone line is. So the phone line I have checked and is long enough to run through the wall and will reach OK. That just leaves the sky cable, which isn't quite long enough. So basically I've gone a very long winded way round saying: Is this the right type of cable I need to extend the sky cable? (Link below). Is that the right type of connector I need to finish the cable and connect it to the sky box? (Link below). And how hard is it to cut the current cable, join it to a new cable that I buy, and then attach the end connector so it goes into the sky box?

xs46.jpg

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=275&doy=5m1&C=SO&U=strat15

fu04e.jpg

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=10447

Right, I've got a Sky box in my room currently, however I don't actually sleep in there anymore, as I sleep literally in the next room in the house as there's a double bed in there and the missus stays over more often than not.

Sexy Time!!!!!!

Let me see if I have got this right? You want to stick your cable through a hole? and your not sure how to do it? ;))

Look, the first time for everybody is nerve racking Tim. Just come out and ask questions, stop using these analogies of fittting a Sky box etc we all know what you mean ;))

If she really loves you Tim, you will both find your way together. Let it happen naturally. It will be a very special time for you both.

and remember always wear protection! otherwise there might be some suprise little Tims in 9 months time.

Good luck matey.

Tim I ran my original feed into a splitter and fed it to all three bedrooms and my office, it's very easy and means you can use pre-fitted cable so you get a better/cleaner feed...
You can get everything you need at Maplins and it's very cheap to do...

I got an F coupler, 2 twist F connectors, and 2 metres of LL Satellite cable, plus a 14mm drill bit from B&Q. I stuck a hole in from room to room, easy as it was a dividing wall. Then put the end of the current cable onto the coupler, one end of the new cable onto the coupler, and the other end of the coupler into the sky box in the spare room. Got the phone cable through as well as it was long enough already, and hey presto:

2009-1.jpg

Ta da :)). Cheers for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom