Every FIFA title from 14 up to 23 can't be purchased anymore.

piospi

League 1
27 January 2008
It seems that today all FIFA entries in the series have been delisted from all major storefronts. No sale, no warning, no last chance to buy missing entry in your library. While I wasn't a fan of FIFA since Frostbite switch, it still sucks that there won't be any way to play them in the future. With eFootball deleting and replacing its content every year, the seasons 21/22 and 22/23 are now gone forever. šŸ‘‹ The trend to just remove games when license expire while understandable is frustrating as hell. Yes, we can always go physical, but I doubt I will be keeping my PS5 for ten years just so I can travel down memory lane in some lazy weekend to relive World Cup 2022 again. FIFA is not only retro now, it's abandonware.

It seems that today all FIFA entries in the series have been delisted from all major storefronts. No sale, no warning, no last chance to buy missing entry in your library. While I wasn't a fan of FIFA since Frostbite switch, it still sucks that there won't be any way to play them in the future. With eFootball deleting and replacing its content every year, the seasons 21/22 and 22/23 are now gone forever. šŸ‘‹ The trend to just remove games when license expire while understandable is frustrating as hell. Yes, we can always go physical, but I doubt I will be keeping my PS5 for ten years just so I can travel down memory lane in some lazy weekend to relive World Cup 2022 again. FIFA is not only retro now, it's abandonware.
Got pissed off when EA started to remove fifa 14-15-16-17-18 from Ea play in 2022, then removed 19-20
Shit move by them so well keep playing the latest game

I can't say FIFA 20-23 will be a loss in any respect other than the rosters but those can be applied to older games anyway, same with PES. The key is to just buy a physical copy of the titles you like so they always be played on emulators in the future. But also if the titles become abandonwear by no longer being supported or available for sale, then you can obtain a digital copy from elsewhere on the interwebs for zero dollars.

I'm a fan of 18 and 19 among the others and I'd be mightly pissed off if they decided to just make them impossible to play anymore. I understand there are other means like consoles, and hopefully emulation that will soon or later get there, but I paid for those games, ffs. Remove the name if you want, call them EA RANDOM FOOTBALL GAME YEAR X, but let me have them!

And that's exactly why I wouldn't care for an Efootball Master League either. It's all so volatile and formless, why would I want to play a couple of months a version I might like to see it deleted forever and replaced with something else the season later? Yeah, it's not appealing to me.

Well, not that I can do anything about it. That's the futuristic marvel of all digital, always online gaming for you. Enjoy I guess?

I'm a fan of 18 and 19 among the others and I'd be mightly pissed off if they decided to just make them impossible to play anymore. I understand there are other means like consoles, and hopefully emulation that will soon or later get there, but I paid for those games, ffs. Remove the name if you want, call them EA RANDOM FOOTBALL GAME YEAR X, but let me have them!

And that's exactly why I wouldn't care for an Efootball Master League either. It's all so volatile and formless, why would I want to play a couple of months a version I might like to see it deleted forever and replaced with something else the season later? Yeah, it's not appealing to me.

Well, not that I can do anything about it. That's the futuristic marvel of all digital, always online gaming for you. Enjoy I guess?
You can still play them. What you can't is buy them anymore.

You can still play them. What you can't is buy them anymore.
I understand that, that's why I used the conditional in the beginning ("I'd be mightly pissed off if"). It's just that I'm starting to envision a not so far future in which they'll use some excuse to just get rid of them completely (might be licenses, a new client, whatever).

I understand that, that's why I used the conditional in the beginning ("I'd be mightly pissed off if"). It's just that I'm starting to envision a not so far future in which they'll use some excuse to just get rid of them completely (might be licenses, a new client, whatever).
Yeah, it is possible. Let's hope that doesn't happen cause yeah, I'd be pissed off aswell as hell. Paid for the game, so they better don't fuck me up.

They used to be installable from media on PC back in the Origin days but now with the EA app it looks like it cannot be done anymore either. We're now forced to download them from their servers.

So what would happen when (not if) they decided to make them no more downloadable?
I have optical copies of FIFA 14 and 16 for Xbox One but you know what that means... No modding, fake teams here and there... And for an Italian gamer often playing with Serie B teams it's a let down.

Yeah same here, physical copies for xbox one (14-15-16-17-18-19) and a digital version of Fifa 20 which means no mods etc, but rather that than no games at all
But if the pc versions gets taken down, must be a way for the community to treat them as abandonware right?

But if the pc versions gets taken down, must be a way for the community to treat them as abandonware right?
Sadly even if you take the view that they are abandonware, as a new user without any prior FIFA purchase history, you are still stuck with only those FIFA games and the specific versions of them that have had their DRM bypassed by the modding community, which presents its own set of challenges/downsides.

Some have never been bypassed e.g. FIFA 16 and FIFA 20 to 22, while others are incomplete e.g. FIFA 18 'Update 2' that is missing the WC 2018 update, and/or cannot be modded properly as they are not on the latest update version and have been bypassed in a way that is detected by/incompatible with Mod Managers e.g. FIFA 19 'Update 7'.

My suggestion is if you are really wanting to be able to play these games properly for the foreseeable future, snap up legitimate keys from the key sellers while they are still available and are *somewhat* affordable (although some, like FIFA 14, are unfortunately already very expensive!.)

Yeah same here, physical copies for xbox one (14-15-16-17-18-19)
Physical copies are worth holding onto for console users, as they give you access (via a disc install without accepting the updates, and then launching them while the console is offline) to the vanilla 1.0 versions of the games, which in some cases (FIFA 16 and FIFA 19 come to mind) are significantly better to play, gameplay and AI-wise, to the later fully patched versions.

Last edited:
I've checked all user agreements and policies. I can't see anywhere a mention that a digital copy already purchased can become obsolete by the company's decision and the owner is forbidden access to it. The company has the right to withdraw the product from sale but the only circumstance you could be denied access is bankruptcy/liquidation and again this comes with potential compensation for the end consumer.
EA App (Play/Pro) isn't exclusively a subscription platform where you "lease" products. When you buy a product you're the exclusive owner of it and they can't deny access. By the user agreement they can ofc stop online services of the game but the product must be operational despite servers shutdown.

I hope someone manages to crack FIFA 16. That game deserves a DRM nuke.

Also for the sake of preservation, I wish all the modding tools worked on cracked versions. Eventually I will loose access to these games it seems. I haven't purchased new games for quite a long time now. Maybe I'm just becoming an old fart and lost interest in games. What's the point of purchasing games if we can loose access to them anyways.

It was chinese crack by 3dm, as far as i remember it's too buggy. There was a thread back then in KickAssTorrents (rip šŸ˜­).

I have checked with @Chris Davies and since these games have been discontinued, it's ok to post the archive.org versions here:

FIFA 14: link
FIFA 15: link
FIFA 17: link
FIFA 18: link
FIFA 19: link

I haven't gone through all of these downloads, or the bugginess of them, but in anycase, I think they should be at least playable.

Last edited:
The cracked version of 14 worked fine for me, only downside was that you couldn't apply mods, but other than that zero problems with the vanilla game. Then luckily I found a working key at a decent prize and used that.

Anyway, the same pc version on Ps3 is easily emulable on Rpcs3 (togheter with the legacy ones that came later), so the game core for that is already preserved.

Edit
The Fifa 15 version i have os this one
https://archive.org/details/ValkSkyFIFA.15.PC

Yeah that's bad one, that's 3DM crack... buggy. Get yourself a proper scene release. Just the good old copy crack to installation folder.

FIFA.15.Ultimate.Edition-CPY

3dm update1 with crack is the best fifa 14 version you can get if you can't get origin version.

I mean, it's the best one since the scene don't bother to crack it :CONF:

Like guys, i wouldn't recommend any repack or rip installer. While the file is smaller, you would never know what's inside it. Just get the proper ISO release from scene. I know size is bigger but atleast it's safer (obviously if you know the source)

Last edited:
Yeah that's bad one, that's 3DM crack... buggy. Get yourself a proper scene release. Just the good old copy crack to installation folder.

FIFA.15.Ultimate.Edition-CPY

I mean, it's the best one since the scene don't bother to crack it :CONF:

Like guys, i wouldn't recommend any repack or rip installer. While the file is smaller, you would never know what's inside it. Just get the proper ISO release from scene. I know size is bigger but atleast it's safer (obviously if you know the source)
Thanks for the tip buddy, will download it

Yeah this is a brilliant patch! But I meant a thread where we can post all the FIFA's that can be downloaded like we're doing here.

Or maybe we could keep them here and change the title of the thread? Just suggestions. :)

Oh yeah sorry i misread that... guess i need sleepšŸ˜“

Back
Top Bottom