Europol investigation uncovers more than 380 suspicious matches

ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
Europol investigation uncovers more than 380 suspicious matches

Champions-League-matchball_2520316.jpg

The European police agency has revealed that a wide-ranging investigation into match fixing has uncovered more than 380 suspicious matches.

These games include World Cup and European Championship qualifiers and two UEFA Champions League games, one of which was in England according to UEFA.

Europol's chief Rob Wainwright said the investigation found "match fixing activity on a scale we have not seen before".

Wainwright revealed the probe uncovered around £7million in betting profits and £1.27m in bribes to players and officials and has already led to several prosecutions.

The investigation identified about 425 corrupt officials, players and serious criminals in 15 countries and 50 arrests have been made so far.

Wainwright also stated that the involvement of organised crime "highlights a big problem for the integrity of football in Europe" with Asian gambling cartels identified as part of the match fixing operation.

Wainwright would not reveal the identity of the Champions League match staged in England under suspicion due to "ongoing judicial proceedings" - but he did confirm it had taken place in the last three to four years and admitted England was not a country under particular scrutiny.

He said: "The focus has been on other countries, not the United Kingdom. However we were surprised by the scale generally of the criminal enterprise and just how widespread it was.

"It would be naive and complacent of those in the UK to think such a criminal conspiracy does not involve the English game and all the football in Europe."

Europol also found another 300 questionable games outside Europe, mainly in Africa, Asia, South and Central America.

A UEFA spokesman confirmed they would co-operate with the investigation.

He said: "We will be liaising with Europol in relation to any reports of match fixing in European competition."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ion-uncovers-more-than-380-suspicious-matches

It's shocking isn't it, I wonder what will happen? Lets hope Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs and Everton are all involved get docked 30points each and we win the league!

So one of these CL games was rigged?

Last Season:

Arsenal 3–1 Udinese (play off)
Man City 2-1 Villareal (Gp A)
Man City 1-1 Napoli (Gp A)
Man City 2-0 Bayern (Gp A)
Man Utd 3-3 Basel (Gp C)
Man Utd 2-2 Benfica (Gp C)
Man Utd 2-0 Ot Galati (Gp C)
Chelsea 2-0 Leverkusen (Gp E)
Chelsea 5-0 Genk (Gp E)
Chelsea 3-0 Valencia (Gp E)
Arsenal 2-1 Dortmund (Gp F)
Arsenal 0-0 Marseilles (Gp F)
Arsenal 2-1 Olympikos (Gp F)
Arsenal 3-0 Milan (R 16)
Chelsea 4-1 Napoli (R 16) (After Extra Time)
Chelsea 2-1 Benfica (QF)
Chelsea 1-0 Barcelona (SF)

2010-11:

Spurs 4-0 Young Boys (play off)
Spurs 3-1 Inter (Gp A)
Spurs 1-0 Twente (Gp A)
Spurs 4-0 Werder Bremen (Gp A)
Man Utd 1-0 Bursaspor (Gp C)
Man Utd 0-0 Rangers (Gp C)
Man Utd 1-1 Valencia (Gp C)
Chelsea 2-0 Marseilles (Gp F)
Chelsea 4-1 Spartak Mos (Gp F)
Chelsea 3-1 Zilina (Gp F)
Arsenal 6-0 Braga (Gp H)
Arsenal 3-1 Partizan (Gp H)
Arsenal 5-0 Shakhtar (Gp H)
Spurs 0-0 Milan (R 16)
Spurs 0-1 Real Madrid (R 16)
Chelsea 2-0 Kobenhaven (R 16)
Chelsea 0-1 Man Utd (QF)
Man Utd 2-1 Marseilles (R 16)
Man Utd 4-1 Schalke (SF)
Man Utd 1-3 Barcelona (F)

2009-10:

Arsenal 3-1 Celtic (play off)
Man Utd 0-1 Besjiktas (Gp B)
Man Utd 3-3 CSKA Moscow (Gp B)
Man Utd 2-1 Wolfsburg (Gp B)
Chelsea 2-2 APOEL (Gp D)
Chelsea 4-0 Atletico (Gp D)
Chelsea 1-0 Porto (Gp D)
Liverpool 1-0 Debrecen (Gp E)
Liverpool 1-2 Fiorentina (Gp E)
Liverpool 1-2 Ol. Lyonnais (Gp E)
Arsenal 4-1 AZ (Gp H)
Arsenal 2-0 Olympiakos (Gp H)
Arsenal 2-0 Standard Liege (Gp H)
Man Utd 4-0 Milan (R 16)
Man Utd 3-2 Bayern (QF)
Chelsea 0-1 Inter (R 16)
Arsenal 5-0 Porto (R 16)
Arsenal 2-2 Barca (QF)

2008-9
Arsenal 4-0 Twente (play off)
Chelsea 4-0 Bordeaux (Gp A)
Chelsea 2-1 CFR Cluj (Gp A)
Chelsea 1-0 Roma (Gp A)
Liverpool 1-1 Ateltico (Gp D)
Liverpool 1-0 Marseilles (Gp D)
Liverpool 3-1 PSV (Gp D)
Man Utd 2-2 Aalborg (Gp E)
Man Utd 3-0 Celtic (Gp E)
Man Utd 0-0 Villareal (Gp E)
Arsenal 1-0 Dynamo Kiev (Gp G)
Arsenal 0-0 Fenerbahce (Gp G)
Arsenal 4-0 Porto (Gp G)
Liverpool 4-0 Real Madrid (R 16)
Liverpool 1-3 Chelsea (QF)
Chelsea 1-0 Juventus (R 16)
Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool (QF)
Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona (SF)
Man Utd 2-0 Inter (R 16)
Man Utd 2-1 Porto (QF)
Man Utd 1-0 Arsenal (SF)
Arsenal 1-0 Roma (R 16)
Arsenal 3-0 Villareal (QF)
Arsenal 1-3 Man Utd (SF)

Lets hope it was when Van Persie got sent off when we were leading Barcelona (For kicking the ball away 0.5 second after the whistle went for his second yellow), that was a shocking decision and looked dodgy to me :DD

One of them will be Chelsea's CL win last season.... Someone paid off Mario Gomez to miss some sitters that most peoples Gran's could have buried....

Marseille and Juventus will have their hand in this, they have been guilty before for being corrupt as we all know.

I think Chelsea - Barca was corrupt game a few seasons ago who remembers? When Chelsea deserved to win it but ref gave every decision to Barca.

I remember that one where Drogba was saying it was a "Fucking Disgrace" swearing directly into the camera.

Apparently these are the numbers of fixed matches per country - from a Europol source:

1) Germany 70
2) Switzerland 41
3) Finland 32
4) Hungary 20
5) Belgium 19
6) Croatia 18
7) Turkey 79
8) Austria 16
9) Bosnia 7
10) Slovenia 7

edit: these are obviously the top 10 European countries. apparently plenty of games in Africa, Asia, South America etc.

Last edited:
Marseille and Juventus will have their hand in this, they have been guilty before for being corrupt as we all know.

I think Chelsea - Barca was corrupt game a few seasons ago who remembers? When Chelsea deserved to win it but ref gave every decision to Barca.

images

They're are alot of foreign maffiosi in Germany, from Ex-Yugo countries and Turkey, who bribe the fourth and fifth leagues in Germany. Because German football is at a high level, it is possible to bet on these very low leagues, whereas in most countries it doesn't go that far down when it comes to betting. The players in these leagues are mostly amateurs so they're very easy to bribe seeing as the get almost no money at all for.

Looks like a lot of smoke and no fire to me. I want to see Ballack chasing the ref down the pitch. That has to be the one . Chelsea's Roman n Mario secret meeting lol

They're are alot of foreign maffiosi in Germany, from Ex-Yugo countries and Turkey, who bribe the fourth and fifth leagues in Germany. Because German football is at a high level, it is possible to bet on these very low leagues, whereas in most countries it doesn't go that far down when it comes to betting. The players in these leagues are mostly amateurs so they're very easy to bribe seeing as the get almost no money at all for.

I bet some Albanian mafia will be behind this German low leagues bets ;)

my friend few months ago paid 500 euro to a guy to get 1 match 2/1 with odds 30 and he bet 200 euro on that game and he won 6.000 euro , that guy sells this matchs he live somewhere in deutchland and only give this matchs to people who trust and this time my friend find some connection's but he never can get on it anymore !

I bet some Albanian mafia will be behind this German low leagues bets ;)

my friend few months ago paid 500 euro to a guy to get 1 match 2/1 with odds 30 and he bet 200 euro on that game and he won 6.000 euro , that guy sells this matchs he live somewhere in deutchland and only give this matchs to people who trust and this time my friend find some connection's but he never can get on it anymore !

Probably, mostly foreigners bribe matches in Germany, I have a book about two Dutch journalists who went undercover and investigated this. They found out about a couple of Croatian and Turkish gangster who threatened the players if they said no.

Also, I can explain the Finnish matches, there was one team in the second league who brought a lot Zambian players in, and all of them were bribed by a man from Singapore called Wilson Raj Perumal (you could google him). The strange thing was: they actually won the league that year and promoted. They started of strong and won almost every match but then they started drawing almost every match. They had a massive lead over the second place but in the end they just narrowly ended top of the table.

Last edited:
Probably, mostly foreigners bribe matches in Germany, I have a book about two Dutch journalists who went undercover and investigated this. They found out about a couple of Croatian and Turkish gangster who threatened the players if they said no.

yeah , and you know I went with my friend in many different comapny of bet here and we try to bet that match and they were its not on list anymore , than after some time we found out a bet company who accept that bet and he put 200 euro on it , than it was 0-1 HT and finish 2-1 so he got his money , but we never get in touch with that guys again , i did bet 5 euro on that too , I was having fear it can be a fake on so didnt bet more money LOL

Yes, I came across a Russian forum once where they offered to share fixed matches and what they bribed, they would share them to you for about €600 a year. It's crazy, what is revealed now is only the tip of the iceberg.

Keep in mind they only have records of European betting offices, if they're going for the real big money (hundreds of thousands to millions) they bet in Asia, because most of the betting offices there are illegal and there is no limit on how much you can bet.

wow, can´t wait for the heads to fall that are included in this...

just hope my team isn´t included...

To the guys who are worried about their clubs being involved, don't be. Most are low profile and ideally not televised matches so there isn't any suspicion.

Is the European investigation Lo Zio talked about a year ago?
yep. the very same. apparently all that secrecy is beginning to deliver some results. great memory btw! ;))
bobbybox said:
I'm surprised at the Germans?!
nevermind that, the real surprise is that italy didn't even make it into the top 10! i guess italian football really is "declining" afterall :PP
just kidding.

Last edited:
I'm not suprised Belgium is in the top 10 of that list.
We've had our match fixing scandal a couple of years ago. The central person was a Chinese (who never got caught) and all centered around one team (Lierse).
The stories about that time are spectacular. The Chinese walking into the dressing room with one of his gorrilla's and putting a gun againstthe head of a GK...
The person who was then Lierse's coach decided to go along with it all...he became the scapegoat while the Ye (the Chinese) was never caught. I remember something similar happening in Finland (with the same Chinese) and it wasn't the story already mentioned in this thread. Paul Put (Lierse's trainer at the time of the match fixing) is now coach of either Mali or Burkina Fasso, and is currently in the semi finals of the CAN...

No you're better because you're an Inter 'fan'. And besides, go check your own team, they were 100% fair that season.

No you're better because you're an Inter 'fan'. And besides, go check your own team, they were 100% fair that season.

Just noticed that you 'support' 3 teams. I dont have debate with this kind of fan, only real fans.

@Bobby

How do you know who I do and dont support? I have followed Inter since my great grandfather Giuseppe started the tradition taking us to games.

Please stop making remarks about me at every thread you can, if you hate me put me on ignore. Obssessed with the great Benni it seems.

Last edited:
How do you know who I do and dont support? I have followed Inter since my great grandfather Giuseppe started the tradition taking us to games.

Please stop making remarks about me at every thread you can, if you hate me put me on ignore. Obssessed with the great Benni it seems.

than what team you support ?

btw I went to make a bet and wanna bet 2/1 for Port Vale vs AFC Wimbledon and they told me you cant make this kind of bets on any of teams that aren't on 1st category !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom