English Premier League thread

Whilst we're bumbling around anfield like we're drunk, Arsenal are bottling it as usual vs Swansea and Spurs losing to WHU, Leicester must be pissing themselves. Thought they had dropped 2 pts but in fact had gained 1!

Spurs will be pretty happy as well I would have thought. WHU away is one of the toughest fixtures and they've got it out of the way without either of the so-called main 2 contenders catching up

Common sense. Mike Dean. Polar opposites?

Renowned violent man Juan Mata got rightly booked for stopping a quick free kick, around 20 mins in. 3 mins later, a split second late on Fletcher - who is up on his feet a second later, wanting to take the free kick. You're Mike Dean. Do you:

a. Have a word with Mata - who has now committed his first foul of the match to calm down, this being the 25th minute.
b. Reach to your back pocket as fast as you can envision the headlines in the morning.

He's such a little c*nt tis Mike Dean. Clearly hated being picked on by the actual athletes at school, sniveling little sh*t.

Letter of the law, you can absolutely book Mata there. But to send him off after 1 foul, which hurt no one, in the defensive third of the pitch speaks to Dean's character.

Another decent week for Leicester, Man City (who I put on money to win the league just before the Liverpool game, lol) got a win, but even if they win the game in hand and on a prediction thing I have them winning the league still, but then again it's just the disbelief what Leicester are doing, lol.

FD

Common sense. Mike Dean. Polar opposites?

Renowned violent man Juan Mata got rightly booked for stopping a quick free kick, around 20 mins in. 3 mins later, a split second late on Fletcher - who is up on his feet a second later, wanting to take the free kick. You're Mike Dean. Do you:

a. Have a word with Mata - who has now committed his first foul of the match to calm down, this being the 25th minute.
b. Reach to your back pocket as fast as you can envision the headlines in the morning.

He's such a little c*nt tis Mike Dean. Clearly hated being picked on by the actual athletes at school, sniveling little sh*t.

Letter of the law, you can absolutely book Mata there. But to send him off after 1 foul, which hurt no one, in the defensive third of the pitch speaks to Dean's character.

I haven't seen both yellow cards. But today i read on the Guardian website that LVG was furious not at Dean, but at Mata...doesn't this suggest that Dean might have had a point?

Oh and Frank.
As a neutral you would want Leicester to win the league.
I'm a Spurs fan, but even i would be quite happy if they won it and this despite the fact that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Spurs.

About Spurs: maybe i'm too pessimistic, but i think after last week's 1 point out of 6, it's over for Spurs.

They might even struggle to get a CL place with West Ham being very, very well (they would deserve a CL place).

Still, Spurs were a joy to watch until now.

I haven't seen both yellow cards. But today i read on the Guardian website that LVG was furious not at Dean, but at Mata...doesn't this suggest that Dean might have had a point?

Oh definitely Mata committed a challenge which could have earned a yellow, so it is absolutely his fault.

But, I watch a lot of football, and I'd say at least 9/10 refs in England don't send someone off for that in the 20th minute. Because it happens all match. If Dean was consistent, players like Coquelin, Kante, Dier and so forth might as well not bother suiting up, because they'd get 2 challenges each match wrong.

It's the inconsistency. I've seen Lucas Leiva make about 6 of those challenges without being booked in a half. Hell, I've seen every FB in the league make 5 of those a match. The thing that grates is Dean's reaction. His hand is in his back pocket before Mata has even been able to turn around. And he smirks this little 'well you silly little boy' smile and gleefully waves it. He's just such a c*nt about it. A man would talk to Mata at least and explain it, he just smiles and points.

Ugh, never thought I'd agree with Garth Crooks, but this is totally how I feel about Mike Dean: https://youtu.be/lrxaeuKJKdo
(talking about a different match too)

Last edited:
Another decent week for Leicester, Man City (who I put on money to win the league just before the Liverpool game, lol) got a win, but even if they win the game in hand and on a prediction thing I have them winning the league still, but then again it's just the disbelief what Leicester are doing, lol.

FD

How's Roberts looking so far? (early days, I know)

Not surprising coming from Dean.

But remember, there have been much worse ref performances from others:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M

PS: Just had a brief look at older matches, from 10-12 years ago... your boys Scholesy and the Neville Bros. used to get away with murder!

Last edited:
If Dean was reffing the CL match tonight, both teams would be down to 9 already...

It's just so different between different matches/refs. Who knows what inspires them.

its in their hands I tell ya that!

tumblr_naat9gydOS1rkeknfo1_400.gif

Oh and Frank.
As a neutral you would want Leicester to win the league.
I'm a Spurs fan, but even i would be quite happy if they won it and this despite the fact that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Spurs.

About Spurs: maybe i'm too pessimistic, but i think after last week's 1 point out of 6, it's over for Spurs.

They might even struggle to get a CL place with West Ham being very, very well (they would deserve a CL place).

Still, Spurs were a joy to watch until now.

They're doing great, if Leicester fuck it up, I'd like to see Spurs do it as they have been playing really well.

I think the weekend has saw the last of Man City, actually the way they look at the moment 4th place might be a struggle and whilst they got lucky with the draw, they're out next round guaranteed. Way too many overpaid players in that squad who for me can't be arsed half the time.

How's Roberts looking so far? (early days, I know)

He should be getting more game time, the fans want to see it but the manager is sticking with guys who are letting him down time and time again. From what I've saw he looks very good, soon as he gets the ball he's at their defence, very exciting player, but with limited chances at the moment, maybe get more game time soon though.

It's not helping the manager is making a royal arse of it and is letting Aberdeen actually challenge us - which is good in a way, but shows more our deficiences than them actually being very good. And that's why he's scared to change the team, thinking the old heads will get him though - when in fact they are the ones who are letting the team down.

FD

Arsenal will drop points too, next?

There's no-one left

I'd be amazed now if Leicester don't win it. And I really hope they do.

I said like 4 months ago, when Leicester winning the title was still as 'unlikely' as Trump winning the GOP nomination, that I'd be happy to 'let them' win the PL if it meant City won the CL.
It's happening ;)

Obviously i still hope Spurs will win it. But i can see who everybody wants Leicester to win it. This would be huge...i always support underdogs, but now my OWN club is still in the mix.

Cool fact from FW: Leicester have already one more matches by 1 goal than any team in Premier League history.

Another one from, erm, somewhere else I can't remember: teams playing Leicester are only scoring 4% of shots on target, less than half the league average of 10%.

So please please please let their 'luck' continue. Close now.

Doctor claims he prescribed performance enhancing drugs to 150 sports stars, including Premier League footballers.

Leicester, Chelsea, Arsenal named thus far.

CfEbwsfWwAEYRd8.jpg

How reliable a doping Doc is likely to be is another story...

Back
Top Bottom