1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Elite Dangerous: PC December 16th

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Placebo, 20 November 2014.

1. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Strange there isn't a thread! So it was available as an early access alpha/beta (at a very expensive price IMO). It is finally retail December 16th.

Anyone been on the alpha/beta? Or like me waiting until retail because of some of the issues with a lack of communication regarding singleplayer/campaign etc?

Watched a couple of videos this week that definitely whetted my appetite:

YouTube - 'Elite: Dangerous' Beta v3.03 - Interceptor (Flight Assist Off)
    YouTube - Elite: Dangerous - Long Play - Wandering the Galaxy (60fps Test)

2. bsmaff

bsmaff Champions League

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    This is a must buy for me loved the original on the Spectrum, and will purchase when it comes out.

I don't think it has it's own thread as a lot of people probably didn't play the original.

3. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    I really wanted to wait to buy retail when it was released but just couldn't resist! Bought the beta access yesterday for 60 Euros which got me in in time for the gamma release yesterday, it's tough especially considering I haven't played a space sim for many years but it's very enjoyable! Using my DS4 controller as the extra buttons come in handy combined with DS4windows which lets you set up macros and various keyboard combos which is great.

4. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Coming to Mac and Xbone, then PS4 (timed exclusive for the Xbone), doesn't seem to be a game that really screams "console audience" but hopefully it'll shift enough for them to finish the PC version ;)

5. bsmaff

bsmaff Champions League

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    I swear I read the Xbone version will be playable in the PC universe..

6. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Eugh how repulsive! ;)