eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, im not a "face" guy, but that made me laugh.. might be your new profile pic, @Chris Davies . :LOL:View attachment 17439
I, er. Is that real?

It can't be? Is it from an older game?

If not, how can they possibly show the "face scans" off and then, in-game, they look like this, with mouths like manholes?

The face-scans simply aren't real, it's clearly the data they've captured but NOT what appears in-game. Maybe 2021 (or 2022) will look like that but it won't this year.

I hope they keep working on the kits, they are way too baggy, tight them up, it needs to be much slimmer. As well as color fixture. They kinda ruin the immersion of the game when you see them like that.

I hope they keep working on the kits, they are way too baggy, tight them up, it needs to be much slimmer. As well as color fixture. They kinda ruin the immersion of the game when you see them like that.
Yeah they look bad and unrealistic as they are now to be honest.
Shame because it ruins the overall good player model looks.

This problem started with 19 when they introduced that unnecessary cutscene which no one asked for,where the player celebrates with his shirt off.Because of that they made the shirt a separate entity from the body but that introduced this baggy look which makes them look fat with big ass and waist.And also brought bad clipping between the shirt and the shorts.
In 20 player models look better and more athletic,but this baggy weird looking shirt just ruins it.
They try to introduce some cloth physics this way,but it just doesn't look good.In 18 it was tighter and better.
It's not easy to have good cloth physics in a game,so it's just better to have the correct shape and looks at least.
Fifa's cloth physics also look weird to me,but at least they have a better shape and correct more tight look.
I hope they will improve them until release,but i don't think they will.

This engine,with it's limitations that we already have reached since some time ago,is just too stiff and incapable to produce any kind of flexibility in physics,apart from the good ball physics.Everything else looks and feels stiff.
That's why cloth physics are non existent for years now and look like they're made out of cement.
They try to bring some physics now with this baggy look,but it just looks bad and wrong because of the stiff engine.
I'm waiting when we'll finally get a new proper powerfull modern engine which will hopefully recreate everything from scratch.Even if the transition may be a bit difficult and brings some issues for the first 1-2 years,still,the sooner it happens the better.

The new consoles won't get released this year,otherwise we would already know it by now.
Even if they release in Spring of 2020,it's only 5-6 months away from the new game release so i don't think it can be ready for a next gen port in such a short time.
The new consoles will probably release somewhere between Autumn and Christmas of 2020,which would be a smart marketing move,so this means that the 21 version will already have been released and it will still be current gen.
We won't see next gen Pes until the 22 version.I may be wrong of course,but i think this scenario has more chances to happen.
You hear me @Chuny..?Better be prepared to buy two copies of Pes 21,one for you and one for your friend @Lons..;)):P

Last edited:
Is that real?

It can't be? Is it from an older game?
Honestly - dont know. Guy who posted it was speaking something else and there was no "Translate" option for some reason.
I thought it would make great profile pic. His facial expression is brilliant.
He is not angry... just.. disappointed. :LOL:

Yeah they look bad and unrealistic as they are now to be honest.
Shame because it ruins the overall good player model looks.

This problem started with 19 when they introduced that unnecessary cutscene which no one asked for,where the player celebrates with his shirt off.Because of that they made the shirt a separate entity from the body but that introduced this baggy look which makes them look fat with big ass and waist.And also brought bad clipping between the shirt and the shorts.
In 20 player models look better and more athletic,but this baggy weird looking shirt just ruins it.
They try to introduce some cloth physics this way,but it just doesn't look good.In 18 it was tighter and better.
It's not easy to have good cloth physics to a game,so it's just better to have the correct shape and looks at least.
Fifa's cloth physics also look weird to me,but at least they have a better shape and correct more tight look.
I hope they will improve them until release,but i don't think they will.

This engine,with it's limitations that we already have reached since some time ago,is just too stiff and incapable to produce any kind of flexibility in physics,excluded the decent ball physics.Everything else looks and feels stiff.
That's why cloth physics are non existent for years now and look like they're made out of cement.
They try to bring some physics now with this baggy look,but it just looks bad and wrong because of the stiff engine.
I'm waiting when we'll finally get a new proper powerfull modern engine which will hopefully recreate everything from scratch.Even if the transition may be a bit difficult and brings some issues for the first 1-2 years,still,the sooner it happens the better.

The new consoles won't get released this year,otherwise we would already know it by now.
Even if they release in Spring of 2020,it's only 5-6 months away from the new game release so i don't think it can be ready for a next gen port in such a short time.
The new consoles will probably release somewhere between Autumn and Christmas of 2020,which would be a smart marketing move,so this means that the 21 version will already have been released and it will still be current gen.
We won't see next gen Pes until the 22 version.I may be wrong of course,but i think this scenario has more chances to happen.
You hear me @Chuny..?Better be prepared to buy two copies of Pes 21,one for you and one for your friend @Lons..;)):P
Yea i told @Chuny that i prefer standard edition more than digital one ;))

Way too much focus on facial aesthetics from konami.

The more tweets about faces and close zoom-ins, the more I think the expression "mutton dressed as lamb" becomes relevant.

if football was about playing on Muller's (or whoever's) face in the Land of Giants then I guess its okay...but I play football on grass and I'm not in the land of giants.

The more tweets about faces and close zoom-ins, the more I think the expression "mutton dressed as lamb" becomes relevant.

if football was about playing on Muller's (or whoever's) face in the Land of Giants then I guess its okay...but I play football on grass and I'm not in the land of giants.

Somehow being able to choose a players face as your playground makes perfect Konami-sense. I hope the devs arent reading your comment.

Lead Developer: So...We don't have any Legend defenders in this built yet..What formation should we use for them?

Developer: 3-4-3

Lead Developer: Good call!

Me: maxresdefault.jpg

Just another day at the office at Konami's HQ.:D

Fifa has 3x more fluid animations than Pes. Pes devs has still problem make fluid 360* degree. FIFA 10 on PS3 had full 360* degree. It was 9 years ago! Shame Konami.
Are you joking or trolling? FIFA's animations are horrible since Frostbite era, what are you talking about. SInce PS4/Xboner PES animations are way superior that FIFA's.

Are you joking or trolling? FIFA's animations are horrible since Frostbite era, what are you talking about. SInce PS4/Xboner PES animations are way superior that FIFA's.

My thoughts exactly. I mean without making it a pes vs fifa thing, the main reason i play the latest PES is due to the superior player physics n animations..the current PES just looks n runs way more realistic than fifa or any other football game. 3 x more fluid???Comeon!!!! Lets focus!!!!

100%. My bread and butter for PES will be a good Master League with Aberdeen. I could go a whole year without playing as any of the partner clubs. As long as they're not wildly off the mark, I'd be happy if all stadiums and faces were generic because... you don't see them. And don't get me started on playing as 'Legends'.

I've made this point umpteen times but I'm just aggrieved that I'm being left behind. The icing's being put before the cake again and I just can't get excited by that.

Seriously? FIFA animations on Forsbite looks better, are more fluid and transition between them are much better than Pes animations. Pshysics between players are better in FIFA too. Only ball physics is better in Pes. Keepers animations in FIFA i mean quality are better than Pes. What are you talking about? Its reality... I love Pes too but i will not lie.

I find the obsession about faces odd when you only see them in cutscenes... the same cutscenes where Messi is the same height as Pique, the same body shape and now with bonus ugly baggy shirts. Hmm that realism!

Seriously? FIFA animations on Forsbite looks better, are more fluid and transition between them are much better than Pes animations. Pshysics between players are better in FIFA too. Only ball physics is better in Pes. Keepers animations in FIFA i mean quality are better than Pes. What are you talking about? Its reality... I love Pes too but i will not lie.
I don't play any other videogame aside from PES2019 but I fully agree with you.
The face and body models in FIFA aren't as good as PES but I always thought Fifa's graphics is easier on the eyes and their animations are better.
FIFA's graphics and animation also have a "premium" feel to it. It doesn't look cheap.

Sorry but that is complete bullshit.
The only excuse that I can think about your nonsense is that you NEVER play FROSTBITE FIFA in your life, I have no other explained about your post at all.

Sorry but that is complete bullshit.
The only excuse that I can think about your nonsense is that you NEVER play FROSTBITE FIFA in your life, I have no other explained about your post at all.
It's a matter of taste, I guess, as I fully agree with him but I also respect other people's opinion if they think PES' graphics and animations are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom