eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The general presentation, content (or lack of) etc is still extremely poor for a game in 2019. I'm already close to turning all of the sound off and just using Spotify whilst I play like I did with PES 2019.

It's almost certain I'll be on the podcasts while playing! I'm not sure good commentary is possible in a football game. It'd take an impossible number of lines to be recorded.

4 x 12 minute games just played and not one single foul!!! 8 games played in total and not 1 free kick near the box.....same shit different year ‍♂️

More importantly; have I found another Dandy on the forum?... :RSCARF:

Without fouls there's no art to defending, no risk or reward for being good/bad/reckless etc.

Having two different companies remove a fundamental part of football from the game is disgraceful. They might as well get rid of offsides while they're at it then.
Wrote exactly the same on FIFA 19 when that came out (Pes 19 was shit but had fouls)
My tactics are to draw fouls outside the box if I can,and once that defender is booked,I'll try the same on him again.
But never having people sent off is really shit

Haven't had commentary on for many years, it is that bad. FIFA is better in this respect of course but still after a couple of weeks a bit dull and to be honest, annoying.

Don't know how Konami can go about improving this without it costing a lot of money. Is there an option for commentary frequency? Wouldn't improve it but might make it a bit more bearable for those that want it on.

Or maybe the commentary can be modded to be replaced with more chants?! Would be more use for me for sure. :D

There are fouls but the main problem is it's just the cpu getting em, you could be run over with a damn steamroller and still get sod all.
Been like this for years so notreally surprised, what was it konami said? it was to keep the flow of the game going.
A slight breeze and the cpu gets a foul.
Apart from that the demo is very very good this year.

Just had the best game of football of my life..Slow,methodical and so lifelike..

Urawa diamonds Vs San frecce Hiroshima..

The tempo,moments..have all the footage and will put up the link shortly..

This game is mind blowing(version 1.0)...I can’t put into context how good this game is..lost for words and a 20 minute match is just!!!

So much contextual stuff and the fundamentals!!

Streaming a friend's copy of PES 2020 for a short while if you're interested, come and say hello...

My Ajax Champions League journey:
I played seven games in this stream and the AI got one yellow card I think, very very very few fouls.

Could just be the way I play, as others have said.

Except... when I played the demo, I was complaining there were too many fouls, and I was seeing four a game (on very very short matches)... so... something's changed, right?

I played seven games in this stream and the AI got one yellow card I think, very very very few fouls.

Except... when I played the demo, I was complaining there were too many fouls, and I was seeing four a game (on very very short... so... something's changed, right?
Sure looks that wayay (fouls)
Watched maybe 20 min or so after you'd gone offline.
Hope they'll revert it back with the 1.02,not holding my breath for that.
Or was the demo optimized for 5 min games and cant really oerfor as it should on longer games (yet)
Who knows,haven't played the full release yet

Except... when I played the demo, I was complaining there were too many fouls, and I was seeing four a game (on very very short... so... something's changed, right?
Well thanks for ruining it for us.

angry-thanks-l.png

My last game I got 4 fouls given and 2 advantages so could be 6. Ball physics don't seem as loose... Streaming my last cup game now need to win to qualify

I have been playing for most of the evening and cannot see much difference from what I played on the demo.

I have played on top player, 12 minute games and decided to play a the world cup.

Playing as England and gameplay has been good. There have been around 5 fouls each game and I have seen the AI emply differnet tactics, the poorer teams such as Tunisia and Cost Rica played a few too many long balls for my liking but not a game breaker in anyway. The better quaity teams such as Argentina and Netherlands have played very differently and even on top player I saw them do things that I didn't see in PES 19 and crucially I didn't see any of those AI "cheating" goals which happened very often in PES 19. Pace seems fine to and I don't see much difference from the demo.

I am looking forward to starting a master league in the next few days.

All in all this is a good game and I really hope that Konami do not ruin it with any further patches, hopefully they just refine it.

My last game I got 4 fouls given and 2 advantages so could be 6. Ball physics don't seem as loose... Streaming my last cup game now need to win to qualify

My intial thoughs after seeing it, it's ball bounces has less outcome power, so there're less loose ball moments in consequence, because the ball don't go so far and quick when its misshited or when colides with another entity..

Been playing the game a few good hours
Not that different from the demo
- Its somewhat smoothed out but not that much
- Fouls are less, they tweaked it a tiny bit more back so some touches do not give fouls but fouls are still there and good
- AI has a big upgrade (Atleast in ML compared to demo, sometimes absolutely unreal to me and way more dynamic with backpasses, crosses etc.)

EDIT :

Full game thread created.

Gentlemen and ladies with the full game, please post your impressions there :)

LAMI!!! Right when I post my impressions LMAO

Been playing the game a few good hours
Not that different from the demo
- Its somewhat smoothed out but not that much
- Fouls are less, they tweaked it a tiny bit more back so some touches do not give fouls but fouls are still there and good
- AI has a big upgrade (Atleast in ML compared to demo, sometimes absolutely unreal to me and way more dynamic with backpasses, crosses etc.)

EDIT :

LAMI!!! Right when I post my impressions LMAO
Haha sorry. You can just copy paste it there. Doesn't matter :D

@Chris Davies can we have the new thread stickied, pretty please?

Noo incredible game to win in last minute to be knocked out on goal difference.. Anyone want to watch what pes is all about watch my last stream

@goalgerd @klashman69 should collab for an OF. Better stats and tactics would do wonders for this years ML.

Everyone can use them.. I have all the values just haven't had time to update transfers to do all the formation screens.

Maybe i should do some national teams now as they wont need like 5-6 transfers etc.. I get the game next week and everything will be easy by then.

Its up to the guys at PES Universe if they get time to setup an option file with them for PS4, for PC i'm running the kits patch anyway so on PC i need to remember zlac's work from 3 years ago to get a system where i can save the tactics on a file so when Konami update, we wont lose everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom