Eduardo's Horrific Injury -- Video Included

Do you think the tackle should be shown on TV?

• Yes

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 26 30.6%

• Total voters
Here's my 2 cents on this topic.

As much as I hate tacklers, it is part of their responsibility, job, and futbol to attempt a tackle to hopefully steal the ball away from the player. In this process, tacklers are bound to miss a few here and there due to the quickness, sneakyness, or intelligence of the player. Defenders jobs are to take the ball away from their opponent in the most clean, timed, professional, and well intentioned way possible. Yes, sometimes there will be tackles with bad intentions, but our hope is that the ref will see this and punish it justly to discourage it.

My point simply is that tackling is part of futbol and sometimes you will have injuries such as Eduardo's. I don't think and it does not appear that Taylor had any bad intention on breaking Ed's leg. He went for the ball, but Eduardo was too quick. It happens sometimes. It's happend to me, and right after the tackle the guy apologizes and checks to see with a concerned look, if I'm ok, to which my reply is "Don't worry, you didn't mean to, I know you went for the ball and it was an accident."

If Eduardo says it was not intentional, then it wasn't. He out of all people should know this to be true.

Back
Top Bottom