EA Sports Tennis (Wii)

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
Due for release Q4 2009 - featuring exclusive rights to Wimbledon.

Will have full Motion+ support too :)

Could be a the tennis game us Wii-ers have been waiting for!

Possibly the first ew ngame I'll have bought since I got mine 18months ago, which by the time this comes out will be more like over 2 years!

Hopefully it'll be good. If they get licences and are able to recreate realistic(ish) players and the gameplays good then they'll be onto a winner. Would be better to release in summer when the nation is in a tennis frenzy though.

Possibly the first ew ngame I'll have bought since I got mine 18months ago, which by the time this comes out will be more like over 2 years!

Hopefully it'll be good. If they get licences and are able to recreate realistic(ish) players and the gameplays good then they'll be onto a winner. Would be better to release in summer when the nation is in a tennis frenzy though.

Yea, thats what I thought (about releasing in the summer)...

They should have made it on the proper consoles (360/PS3), EA's other sports games recently have been great, so I hope that they start making tennis games some time soon :).

I just can't see the Wii being able to run a tennis game with deep enough gameplay to be realistic, i'd love to be proved wrong though.

They should have made it on the proper consoles (360/PS3), EA's other sports games recently have been great, so I hope that they start making tennis games some time soon :).

I just can't see the Wii being able to run a tennis game with deep enough gameplay to be realistic, i'd love to be proved wrong though.

Dont see why not... FIFA has a lot of depth, besides the gameplay its got all the career/league modes, online play and the Mii 8-a-side games + mini games.

Think it should be fine - especially with the Wii Motion+ add on.

Wii Sports tennis shows tennis games can work and Mario Tennis shows you can add a bit of depth and control to it too.

Exactly - "besides the gameplay", a game can have all the modes and content you could ever think of but if the gameplay is shite then the game is shite, simple as that. A bit like PES 09, the Be a Legend mode is quite good, but the awful AI and general gameplay makes it really boring to play.

I've never played Mario Tennis but the Wii Sports Tennis is very basic, with the speed you move the remote not making any difference to the power of the shot, a realistic type of swing not being the most effective and the spin being done in a stupid way.

This EA Sports one may be a decent arcadey tennis game, but Virtua Tennis will be very hard to beat as an arcade style tennis game.

http://www.easports.com/tennis/

Yay! It is coming to the proper consoles! :D

It says "EA Sports™ Tennis will be available late 2009 for the Wii™ and next generation consoles"

Great news, hopefully it looks and plays as good as their other sports titles :) I expect it to beat Top Spin and Virtua Tennis anyway.

Hopefully it has a lot of players, one of the main annoyances for me on tennis games so far has been the lack of players.

Back
Top Bottom