Duke Nukem Forever (It exists and can be played)

drekkard

International
23 March 2005
Barcelona
Barça, Arsenal, Ajax
So, at PAX, Gearbox has confirmed "Duke Nukem Forever", the game 13 years long at development, for early 2011 launch.

Tried to find an old thread for this game, but didn't find it.

Surprisingly, the game still exists and can be even played as a demo containing 2 levels.

I think mostof us will like to play it after all this time. First hand ons talk about quite a fun game.

http://pax.gamespot.com/story/6275192/duke-nukem-forever-hands-on-impressions?tag=topslot;thumb;3

You can also see gameplay footage at gametrailers:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/duke-nukem-forever/360

TBH I'm expecting it to be complete and utter crap, I played the first 3d one of course and it was awesome but gaming has moved on so much from then so I can't believe that all these long years of development can possibly have left a solid game in there.

Oh, yes, nobody expect it to be a good game, only a fun one! From what I read on the hands-on, it really seems something fun, at least to try out.

About the 3d old one, multiplayer was just immense. There were already mirrors that you could use to detect people in key places, you could place holographic instances of yourself to bait enemies, you could shrink your teammates and then step on them... well, I'm sure you know all you could do in the original game. It's just that I haven't played any shooter that has been more fun than Duke Nukem 3D. The same happens with Carmageddon, I'm still waiting for a game that surpasses the insane levels of fun that Carmagedon TDR 2000 had with a lot of options for multiplayer and lots and lots of fun elements. Anyone remembers the "Repulsificator" and "Solid granite car"? It was pure class.

Nowadays it seems that all this cretivity is lost in space...

You know, even if it's a bad game (it MUST be a bad game after all that happened)... you can't but smile when you hear your first "Piece of cake"!

Oh, yes, nobody expect it to be a good game, only a fun one! From what I read on the hands-on, it really seems something fun, at least to try out.

About the 3d old one, multiplayer was just immense. There were already mirrors that you could use to detect people in key places, you could place holographic instances of yourself to bait enemies, you could shrink your teammates and then step on them... well, I'm sure you know all you could do in the original game. It's just that I haven't played any shooter that has been more fun than Duke Nukem 3D. The same happens with Carmageddon, I'm still waiting for a game that surpasses the insane levels of fun that Carmagedon TDR 2000 had with a lot of options for multiplayer and lots and lots of fun elements. Anyone remembers the "Repulsificator" and "Solid granite car"? It was pure class.

Nowadays it seems that all this cretivity is lost in space...

You know, even if it's a bad game (it MUST be a bad game after all that happened)... you can't but smile when you hear your first "Piece of cake"!
Carmageddon TDR 2000, what a game :LOL:.

I doubt they would even be allowed to sell a game these days where one of the objectives is to kill every pedestrian in the level, getting extra points for dismembering body parts and knocking them off high ledges, with power ups named:

Pedestrian electro-bastard ray
Fat bastards!
Turbo nutter bastard nitrous!
Mine shitting ability!
Oil slicks from your arse!

Oh, and there was also a lot of blood :D.

Hard to see from those gameplay clips but the graphics seem to be good, nice rain/mud effects.....

This is really ugly. My eyes are burning!

Also loadings take forever on my 360.

Even though it's like playing a very old school pc game on 360, the game is entertaining enough. Duke rules.

Only played the PC demo which was released last week.
The graphics were what you expect now but the actual game itself was pretty poor from the demo.

holy moly - i have ssen it at a friend of mine yesterday (demo).
come on, are they serious? that game looks like crap. i liked to old ones, but i doubt i will buy this one.
maybe it would have been better not finalizing this game, but keep the running gag (have you heared about the release of duke nukem forever? ^^) alive... :D

The full game is massively different from the demo I believe.

Yes! I'm so excited! :D Finally I can relive all those childhood memories ;) I've tried filling the gap with with various child-like games (RamaCity, ZooMumba, Skyrama) to no avail...haha

Last edited:
Technically, the game is terribly outdated, but we knew that was going to happen.

But let me tell you. I've played this game for 20 minutes and I've had more fun than in the last 3 years of FPS. And then I remember that I play for fun. The little things that make you laugh of the first titles are there and are fun.

A lot of people will ditch the game for looking and feeling "old", but I'm having good old fun with it. Let's see if the rest of the game goes that way.

Well, technically is a turd of epic proportions and shooting feels terribly bad. But i laughed here and there.

But let me tell you. I've played this game for 20 minutes and I've had more fun than in the last 3 years of FPS. And then I remember that I play for fun. The little things that make you laugh of the first titles are there and are fun.

Now I have played the retail - ok, it's better than the demo, but as drekkard mentioned - it feels a little bit oldskool and a little bit outdated.

for me the best fps i have played in the last month is definetly bulletstorm !!

Surely someone who was making this game in the past 10 years could have told them it was shit

Back
Top Bottom