Driver San fransisco

I enjoyed it. I found the handling difficult at first but then it became second nature, a quick tap of the handbrake and I'm powersliding around corners with ease (though I still screw up now and again).

I thought the shifting idea sounded stupid but the way they explain it isn't so bad. I've accepted far crazier ideas in tv shows and films over the years so this guy having the power to mindjack people didn't really hit me as hard as I expected.

Thought the graphics looked ace, the cars all looked and felt beefy and heavy.

The only annoyance I had was time limits on missions.

I've always hated it.

I had hoped they would have taken the GTA route and just let us get from A to B our own way. I guess though that as the director mode is back, the time limit is there to make sure whatever you do during the mission can be saved to memory and used.

I just hope the director mode isn't as much of a mess as it was in the last few games. It was more of a 'Random action' mode than anyway. youd have pulled off a cool jump while playing but then on the replay the truck you drove up to jump never loads so the game just has you continue on and then start skidding around and crashing.

TSO, you DON'T need to try the demo. Having to download and install it on your PC is a waste of time. It's not even of those games that are "so bad that make you smile". It's just vulgar, mediocre, average crappiness.

Though, if you want to download the demo to have something to do on sunday instead of watching certain football match, then I understand...:COAT:

I don't mind this. You guys made it out like its dog poo. I think its fun personally. Don't really dig the shifting idea on a Driver game. If they had given this game a different name then I guess it would be acceptable. Only because it is Driver we've had different expectations of it.

TSO, you DON'T need to try the demo. Having to download and install it on your PC is a waste of time. It's not even of those games that are "so bad that make you smile". It's just vulgar, mediocre, average crappiness.

Though, if you want to download the demo to have something to do on sunday instead of watching certain football match, then I understand...:COAT:

:LMAO:

Just wanted to see this sh*t with my own eyes but yea, probably a waste of time. And about that football match, erm, you always win! It's soooo annoying! You lost some pre-season matches just to create illusion on us. :TTTH:

Well, I've given it a go and it's not for me. I hate the shifting concept, more so now I've tried it. The graphics are nice, but the city feels a little soulless. The car handling is ok, nothing special. It feels weighty at least.

My first and lasting impression - and something I couldn't remove from my head while playing - is that this game just doesn't feel like Driver. It hasn't captured the essence of the original. Such a shame as I had high hopes for this, but the game is ruined by the stupid shift feature. Guess I'm too much of a purist.

This may be worth a look further down the line when it can be had for half price, as there is probably some fun to be had here.

:LMAO:

Just wanted to see this sh*t with my own eyes but yea, probably a waste of time. And about that football match, erm, you always win! It's soooo annoying! You lost some pre-season matches just to create illusion on us. :TTTH:

About the match...
Barcelona is not in shape and many players are still returning from holidays. Madrid has been preparing the match very thoroughly, so I think they're strong favorites and you could destroy us. We have practically no defenders right now and many players with less than 5 trainings with the team (Messi, Alexis, Alves, Mascherano, Adriano) and some injured (Puyol, Pique, Afellay, Maxwell). Add to this Xavi almost injured and Iniesta with some muscular problems... I smell a hammering by real here... so you won't be annoyed at all this time.

About the game
I already said I hated it... But I say it again just to stay in topic. I miss the old driving games...

Anyone taken the plunge on this?

Tried the demo on day of release and didn't like it but got tempted to play it again today, once I'd done all the missions properly and had a drive around switching between different cars I actually quite like it.

Getting decent-ish reviews as well.

I was tempted, even more so when I saw they brought back the director mode. But as I'm not interested in the online side I'm thinking of leaving it until the price drops.

Do you know why CW doesn't post on here any more?

We could do with more views on games

I am still here just not as often as I used to be. Most of my time these days is spent working, gaming or on a few social networking sites chatting shit about games and tv.

I have been playing through Driver slowly as I don't want it to end. Its like an old school cop movie/tv series. Graphically its one of the best games out there right now and the story, from what I have played so far, is panning out nicely.

The shifting that everyone seems to have an issue with works very well within the game and doesn't detract from the story in any way. If anything it adds depth and longevity to it.

I post most of my gaming views over on twitter as I don't do in depth wittering reviews, so if you are missing me and my ramblings then go follow me on there @x_cw

Tried the demo and it's really dated. It's like a mix between Burnout and Crazy Taxi to me, oh and set in a kind of GTA type world except you can't get out of the car, have any interaction with the environment, and crashing into stuff doesn't even really damage your car.

It's like the car chase bits from GTA but with less features. Really boring.

just bought this late to party...but the more u play it its more fun..decent fun game if u give it time.

Back
Top Bottom