Don King Presents: Prizefighter (Xbox 360/Wii/DS))

Re: Don King Presents: Prizefighter (Xbox 360)

Out in Autumn for Wii and DS.

Looks great! :DD

Oh my god... that commentary!

"WHAT A STUNNING PUNCH TO THE HEAD"

"BOOM, HE'LL FEEL THAT ONE"

*Yuk*

Pass...

I vaguely remember Fight Night commentary but dont remember it being to much better. :-pp

I guess it all depends if you can live with it or not.

we need a new boxing game :DD I though Fight Night 3 was a bit slow on the punches

I vaguely remember Fight Night commentary but dont remember it being to much better. :-pp

I guess it all depends if you can live with it or not.

Nah, the FN commentary sucked too, but the game looked better. The Wii version may be the way to go if they can properly integrate the controls.

that looks aweseome, and i might add on the commentary that is the guy who does the matches here in the states.. sorry it isnt a tea party :)

Information about the single player career mode is very disappointing, filled with stupid, contrived events which follow a linear, scripted path, for example your fighter will break his hand before a certain fight and have to do the fight one handed, not only is that completely unrealistic (if a boxer injures his hand the fight would be postponed) but it will happen at the exact same time in every career mode you do with no variation.

Omg, what the...? I think these guys must have been hanging outwith Seabass and his crew... :ROLL:.

Information about the single player career mode is very disappointing, filled with stupid, contrived events which follow a linear, scripted path, for example your fighter will break his hand before a certain fight and have to do the fight one handed, not only is that completely unrealistic (if a boxer injures his hand the fight would be postponed) but it will happen at the exact same time in every career mode you do with no variation.

God that sounds awful! You could just tell from the action and the way the commentary was half-assed that it would be a throw-away arcadey type game....

If you played the current gen version of UCL 2007 it also featured a contrived, linear story mode, your right back and your striker would always fall out and your striker would have to be sold, so if you play the story mode as Manchester Utd it was always Rooney and Neville falling out and you always had to sell Rooney, no matter what, and if a certain player had to be on the pitch for one of these contrived events and you tried not to pick them it would say "your Chairman insists that ....... starts the match", really frustrating gameplay for the player and really cheap, lazy game design IMO.

I read about some other shit as well, for example if your media profile is very high due to doing lots of press events for the fight you will have extra punching power but less stamina......

I thought 2k Sports were supposed to be about realistic, sim like sports games? What I hear so far about PrizeFighter makes it sound about as realistic as an EA Big game............

I read about some other shit as well, for example if your media profile is very high due to doing lots of press events for the fight you will have extra punching power but less stamina......

I thought 2k Sports were supposed to be about realistic, sim like sports games? What I hear so far about PrizeFighter makes it sound about as realistic as an EA Big game............

2k games have BY FAR, produced some of the greatest sim games ever... i dont know whats with this one... nba 2k8 is the greatest sports sim of all time, they should model all of there games after that one..

Well I hope they follow through and make Prizefighter a sim like game, unfortunately with only 2 months left until release I don't see it happening :(

Ye its shame but im just going to enjoy it for what it is and prey for another Fight Night although dont looks like going to happen with Facebreaker cartoony game coming from same devs. :((

I hope that was the Wii version because it looks fucking awful, I'm no graphics whore but the graphics were really poor and the animations are abysmal.

Look how stiff their bodies are when the arms are throwing a punch. The bodies don't move at all :LOL:.

That looks friggin awful, I know the graphics aren't as good as FN3, but everything is so slow and lifeless.

Fuck this shit off, Namco should make a boxing game, get the Tekken guys to do it.

Movement seems pretty bad such shame i was expecting 2k to make something really good especially how Basketball games are like.

Wrong.

1. Don King is a cancerous leach on the sport
2. The game looks absolute garbage, poor visuals, horrible animations, contrived story mode instead of career with little re-playability.

Back
Top Bottom