Does anyone know how to make my player on the line JUMP at free kicks?

Bullstein

Conference
18 May 2011
Drives me nuts this, I put a CB on the line where I know the FK is going, kick is taken, ball sails in an inch over my static CB's head and GOAL

I've tried

X - nothing
Square - nothing
O - he does a sliding tackle
Triangle - nothing

I even tried pressing L1 to player switch off him so that the Ai might make him jump - but he ran off the line instead !!!!!

Anyone know? Surely it must be possible?

Last edited:
It's not possible since you are not supposed to put a player on the goal line in this situation.

Not supposed to? Why not? Where do you get that information from?
It's a defensive option that many teams use in real life so why remove it in a football simulation?

I think you can only control the wall, not single players who you put on the goal line. I think they jump automatically (mostly just a few inch to low...)

Another question about walls: I know you can add players to a wall but is it possible to remove players from a wall? The CPU automatically puts in a specific number into the wall (according how near the free kick is to you goal) but sometimes it creates a one man wall in midfield where it is not necassary. Can I remove this player (or players) from a wall?

Not supposed to? Why not? Where do you get that information from?
It's a defensive option that many teams use in real life so why remove it in a football simulation?
Sorry, but I've never seen this in professional European football matches. Why would anyone want to do that? Firstly it prevents the goal keeper from jumping into that corner and secondly this essentially plays the entire attacking team onside.

It's not possible to remove players from the default wall in PES.

I've seen teams put a man on the line. You are correct that it may impede the GK, but its usually on the corner furthest where he isn't going to reach anyway. Again you are correct that it plays the team onside but it's a risk some coaches make particularly against skilled FK takers who can pick their spot

Anyway I was just wondering if it was possible but I've occasionally saved Free kicks from going in because the ball has dropped low enough for my CB to head or kick.

how is it cheating lol? on the old pro evo games the player on line could jump and clear the free kick, but realistically it makes no sense to put a player on the line for a free-kick, maybe this why konami decided you aint allowed to clear it any more.

Yeah how is that cheating? :LOL:

Most of the time I select a player and run back to the goal line on the post behind the wall. This means the free kick has to be perfect top corner to go in, but on the other hand if the free kick taker is clever he'll see it means there's no chance of being offside and just chip the ball into the box for a header.

Cheating? Lol

Just trying to block a free kick going in but running the risk of eliminating offside for the attackers, you must be fairly new to PES series

But really? Cheating?

I always run someone back to the line as soon as the 5,4,3,2,1 starts in online games. Cheating bastards.

In a way I'm kind of glad that it's more difficult to head the ball off the line now - in one of the old PES games (or FIFA maybe) if you put a tall guy on the line they would be able to reach and clear away even the most well-placed free kicks.

When people do this against me online I usually do as Tim said though, and just select a big guy with the right stick then run him into a good position and loft it in (RT+B) and try a knock-down or a direct attempt on goal.

Cheating? Lol

Just trying to block a free kick going in but running the risk of eliminating offside for the attackers, you must be fairly new to PES series

But really? Cheating?

When playing on-line if you make the timer run out, the CPU will take your free-kick for you and it will always go top right or top left hand of the goal and no matter how big your defender is it will just go under the bar.

That's a very cheap and pathetic way to go about getting a goal tbh, why would anyone want the CPU to score their goals? Might as well play in coach mode in that case. I've noticed a few people trying to do this against me online but it usually either hits the wall or the bar.

Cheap

This bug is ridiculous - shame on anyone using this to score a goal and shame on KONAMI for allowing such nonsense.
I think PES 2013 is a great game when not playing against such online-sprinting-and-bugusing-whores BUT this PES had made more fans angry about almost all modes and issues around the gamplay than any PES did before.
Their policy around releasing a beta version as retail with taken out modes etc is so annoying. In the last years I pre ordered PES but for next year I will wait for final release - go and test it frist before spending one € for purchasing...

The same free-kick cheat was in PES 2012. The CPU will also do the same thing when you play the CPU. No matter what free-kick taker the CPU has they will always score a goal.

Back
Top Bottom