Do u think PES2008 did not meet our expectation? (PS3)

Do you think the game did not meet our expectation?

• Yes, indeed

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • No, not really

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • This game is a waste of money!

Votes: 39 36.4%

• Total voters

dante1986

Non-League
8 January 2003
K.S.A
Hi every1
i just wanted to know ur opinions
me, my 2 brothers and my uncle agreed that we've expected that the new version of our best game of all times (PES) would be amazing, that the only reason my brother bought a PS3 for this game.
we've expected something that we'll play like 24/7 a game that you just can't get enough of playin' it.
but it didn't
i don't mean the game is unplayable
it's good, but not that good, there are some issues that need to be fixed(online feature, framerates issues, etc...)

It would have been the greatest footie ever. But its not. I mean the gameplay is as always superb but there are too many things that are a dissapointment.. i give you the framerates,online gameplay, existence of a decent editor.

I still dont know why didnt just keep the ps2 editor and added the new photo editor as a new feature not as the whole editor... next to that the choice of stadiums is mediocre. where are the stadiums we all love like old trafford or the emirates. and how about that Other Leagues C...just give us SHV and Rekord Meister back. at least we could play with some teams and it would be easier to edit.

i hope that konami will listen to the consumers and make up for it next year or maybe even sooner cause this is bullocks and it feels the game has been rushed to make the same release month as FIFA

nice idea with the poll guys. this game is so frustrating, i find myself playing it and enjoying it even with the framerate and the awful online gameplay. the fact is of course it shouldnt have been released with these issues and its dissapointing from konami. other than that the game itself is OK, i like the graphics during the matches and the crowd look decent enough. annoyed with penalty decisions in this game, ive already seen several awful decisions given for penalties which almost makes me want to miss my penalty on purpose as i dont deserve to have it. so overall......dissapointing, but im still playing it lol

The game is shocking i cant beleive Konami released this rublish its not worth £5 never mind the the £40 they are charging.

i thought this was going to be the best game out for the ps3 this year but sadly its worse then FIFA 08 and i hate FIFA

Konami needs to fix this ASAP and dont let SOnt bully you into releasing a half finished game next time.

As i said in other thread, i expected that the game wont be the best or the 10/10 coz it's the same on every new console. Still it's going to be the best gameplay. I really hoped that the game would be amazing but i guess i found what i expected (except for the slowdowns)

I believe thiss pes was not as good as i expected but i still cant stop playing it its hard to be disappointed with the game, but there are obivious flaws in with gaem. Hopefully konami can get a patch sorted to combat the framerate/slowdown issues although myself im only experiencing minors issues regarding these graphical aspects.

My expectations were met in the gameplay department. The graphics are good enough for me running on my 42' LCD Samsung with HDMI input. I have no slowdown in the whole game in my copy. The game plays smooth on normal/long on all stadiums/replays. I beleive my money was well spent and expectations met.

i bought the game today and same as you, my biggest reason for getting a ps3 was so i could play pro on a next gen system.

As many others have said, i was absolutley shocked with the poor quality of pro 2008, no way this is a next gen game.

noticable frame rate drop during play, the replays are even worse looks like stop animation, oh and you can't download anything from the playstation store while playing the game offline cause it to crash,presentation is even worse than pes 6. Dodgy ref decisions,a bit laggy online.Plus it seems that the edit mode is somewhat restricted this year.

Another thing about the gameplay is i can pretty much run up the wing without so much as a tackle going in making games all about bombing up the wing lobbing a cross in gooooaaalll!! Pretty lame.

it plays about the same as pro 6, apart from the goalkeepers drop the ball more

i've been playing pes since the 3rd edition and always preffered it over fifa

However after playing the new pro and the demo of fifa 08 i think i'll be taking my copy of pro back and getting fifa08, it pains me to say it but in my opinion Fifa08 is currently the best football experience available on the ps3. Anyone that says otherwise is just a pes fanboy not willing to admit that Seabass has royally shat on ps3 owners.

Farewell Pes it was fun while it lasted but all good things come to an end it seems

Last edited:
I must say Pro hammers FIFA 08 in gameplay,the fact u can move the ball well,u can get past players.
The things that let it down is the realism like fifa has.
the crowd noises,the editor is the biggest disappointment.
its stupid a ps3 has a bigger space for more editing and konami couldnt even add what was on top.

ps6 on ps2 u could * create boots
* add logos
* change nationalities on players
* add badges
* logos on shorts
* loads of kit templates
* create players and put them in any team
* logos on back of shirts
* create logos from scratch
* players can have shirts hanging out

all these features have gone above.
now on pes2008 i expected to be able to create more than 12 boots,every template available in the premier league and all companies templates from adidas,nike,reebok,puma,unbro.i expected you could add more than 8 scans.i thought u would of been able to change badges.I thought you would of been able to have badges and logos on shorts.I thought you could of been able to add a third kit,i though you could of been able to make logos for sleeves.I thought u wud be able to choose choices of shorts on socks like pro evo 5.
i thought you would be able to create endless players,logos,badges,i thought they would of have endless boots.
There is no excuse for the lack of templates,why dont they let you upload jpegs for shirts,faces etc?
they have a license for adidas so why isnt there 3 stripes.i thought there would be more footballs.they have the nike ball in the spanish league you do,y cant u use it freely in exhibition etc.Also why dont they change the names of things from arcade type names to realistic things.ie exhibition to Friendly,Master League to Season.
i think they need a new template designer at konami,id apply.i like my game looking good as well as playing great.
You look at fifa,great commentating,great kits,the whole atmosphere is realistic apart from the players movement and average gameplay.
Pro best vastly improve and sort out the whole game structure and start concentrating more on it,fifas whole package is better really but pro has far better gameplay.
The face editing is quality though!!!

Back
Top Bottom