1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Diving

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by chucker, 24 June 2006.

1. chucker

chucker Conference

14 February 2006
    Ireland
    man.utd
    i dont no has anyone else found this out but by pressing r2 when a player is right behind u or beside you your player dives.It doesnt always work but i have got many a free kick and penlty by doing this.It also works when you are going into a 50-50 tackle.Let me no if you have also noticed this and what you think of it

2. chrisbennett23

chrisbennett23 Conference

14 January 2005
    Re: Diveing

i have noticed that a couple of times aswell

3. Dar

Dar Fullonrapist Staff

21 February 2003
    Dublin
    Re: Diveing

It's not actually a dive "button" perse, but if you know the ins and outs of the game you can win free kicks quite easily.

If you're running with the ball with someone on your shoulder for a while, you can win a free kick by simply trying to pass the ball a lot of the time, even if their is no one near you on your own team. Takes getting a feel for the game a good bit to know when it will work, but you can get good at knowing when it will work and when it wont. Quite handy sometimes.

4. Logarth

Logarth Non-League

30 March 2004
    Clinton Twp, MI
    Fulham FC
    I use that at times in order to try and draw a free kick. Don't really know why since I'm horrible at free kicks.. LOL.

I don't consider it a dive though. To me it feels more like you are pulling up short and stopping in your tracks then letting the over-eager defender plow into you and knock you to the turf.

I've successfully done it once inside the box and was awarded with a PK. The defender ended up with just a yellow though, no red.

Peace out...

5. Alex.

Alex. Non-League

2 October 2005
    Actually, R2 is the command to jump over slide tackles, but I suppose it could work your way.

6. KEZ

KEZ Guest

Yeah thats right. I think what chucker is saying is that this "function" is probably just a thing that happens which goes wrong for jumping a slide tackle.

7. Jae Dave

Jae Dave I

10 August 2006
    Slough (ENG)
    Man Utd
    yeah ive done this a few times.

8. BBK

BBK Non-League

24 April 2006
    Manchester United
    I will be trying this! Its one of the features I would love to see implemented, a proper "dive" function. Its a part of the professional game, so should also be part of PES. But then, I'd also like a function to be able to pick the ball up and throw it at the referee when he makes a bad decision!!!

9. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    They had this in another game, might have been a fifa. Hardly ever worked though as most of the time you would time it wrong and look like a complete tw@t when playing a mate. :lol:

Havent tried the r2 trick, although do know when i will be winning a freekick when passing and slowing down so i guess its the same thing.

10. BBK

BBK Non-League

24 April 2006
    Manchester United
    I usually look like a twat when I play a m8 anyway - you should know :D

11. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    well it was don that looked worse though, to be fair :lol: