Defend, U lose , Attack, U lose, Balance, U lose , Welcome in Top Player

aries1

League 2
23 September 2010
Brazil
Corinthians
I play in Top player mode
I reach with many teams the half of season with almost 4 or maximum 5 point at most in the tail of the schedule
is it normal ?
Does someone do better in this mode?
How to avoid the very hard accuracy in Pc shooting and free kicks (without decreasing the level by any tool)?

Last edited:
Re: Top player is Extremely very very hard ,isn`t it?

Professional mode is easy and Top player is very difficult, there should be a middle

I play in Top player mode
I reach with many teams the half of season with almost 4 or maximum 5 point at most in the tail of the schedule
is it normal ?
Does someone do better in this mode?
How to avoid the very hard accuracy in Pc shooting and free kicks (without decreasing the level by any tool)?

:D :D :D

i'm playing on Superstar from the beginning, and in Serie A i'm playing with Juve i'm on top also was in CL final and etc.

so for me Superstar is regular now..

play more and you will beat them...

the problem of the difficulty it's the f*cking goalkeepers in top player if you conceed free kick it's 10000000% of chances of against goal

the problem of the difficulty it's the f*cking goalkeepers in top player if you conceed free kick it's 10000000% of chances of against goal

I am playing with a defense tactic 5-4-1 and the 5-4 more compact seems to be 9-1 (like Inter against Barca in 2010 semi final)
with this compact tactic I lose with 5 and 4 goal at least
playing with this tactics makes any move from the PC on the 18 line be a foul though 1000% as u said is goal
so playing with this tactics makes more fouls so more goals
if u attack the Pc , it will make a very rapid, accurate , powerful counter attack ends with a goal for sure
if u attack u lose and if u defense u also lose ,if u balanced for sure it is better than u and will beat u ,no way
I think no human being can win a champion in it
(I am playing 15 min match )

I'm just trying to figure out how to defend against computer. I have a better success ratio or winning balls back when i slide tackle. I'm good at timing without getting a foul but i'd like to win balls using the B button once in a while...AI just dribbles through 3 of my guys with ease even when it seems impossible...

Jenkey's gameplay is helping but i think im gonna have to decrease dribbling stat globally

i won 4 matches of lfp on 5 (1 draw) with Real Madrid in top player mode. i won the first match of cl too vs napoli, but i need to play without distraction during the whole lenght of the match, pc punishes easily every error in the gameplay and referee is the worst enemy :(

i won 4 matches of lfp on 5 (1 draw) with Real Madrid in top player mode. i won the first match of cl too vs napoli, but i need to play without distraction during the whole lenght of the match, pc punishes easily every error in the gameplay and referee is the worst enemy

If u go on with these results that means U cann`t ever never win a league with a second class tam(Napoli, Fulham, Tottenham, Sevilla , Fiorentina, Valencia,....)

i won 4 matches of lfp on 5 (1 draw) with Real Madrid in top player mode. i won the first match of cl too vs napoli, but i need to play without distraction during the whole lenght of the match, pc punishes easily every error in the gameplay and referee is the worst enemy :(

- one error means one goal, U have not to mistake ever
- any addition time never end without giving pc the last chance attack even it ends already
- any movement from pc player in front of 18 line cann`t ever faced or cut the ball without bad decision by the referee by a Foul , with foul there is goal for sure

Last edited:

i won 1-3 vs napoli and i scored more than one goal in every match i played even if i sometime take silly goal in the corner kicks and free kick often are unstoppable, the defense too high in the field is another problem...
ps an error is when i leave wide open field to the striker after i've lost the ball possession but casillas at 85% saves the shots

Last edited:

if someone have a way or suitable tactic to face this mode or to win please post
(like how can u avoid goals by free kicks or something like that )

I've tutorial clips to avoid goals from cpu freekick.

YouTube - How to save a freekick - Auto

after you lose a freekick, press L1+R3 to move the keeper to the center of goal, then press L1+R3 again to let cpu control the keeper.

YouTube - How to save a freekick - Manual

sometime you can't move the keeper although you switch cursor to him, now you have to make a save by yourself.
Press the direction+square+R1 buttons after the kicker run toward the ball.
(you can see the keeper run before make a save in the clip)
DO NOT press the direction button before he run, if you hold a direction, he will shoot to the opposite direction.

Last edited:

Thanks zefira!! I will try! I love superstar in this Pes (for me, the best difficulty of a football videogame to date) but most of the CPU free kicks are impossible to avoid

thanks zefira, testing (but what is R3 ? I know R1 and R2)

Last edited:

even i am nowdays, playing only on Superstar Level, but i had to make little steps to come to this level. i played 2 seasons on professional with Arsenal, dint win the league once, Then played a season with wolves on Top player, came 14th. A Champions league with Lecce on top player and then moved to Superstar level with Marseille, m in the CL final now, n 3rd in the league.
The best way to deal with CPU on superstar level is to read their style of play. i change my tactics almost every game. generally i prefer two holding MFs, because CPU really counter attacks precisely. Using the pressure buttons to pressurize the CPU really gets the team out of its shape which i dont like. just use the analogue stick and try blocking the passing options than getting too close too CPU.
Try maintaining the shape of the team as much as possible. Also try using your MFs to take the ball off cpu rather than your defenders, this allows a second wall to your defense. Also pass the ball in the Midfield very precisely and only experiment with passes in final third, try using full space on the ground, and get the CPU out of shape (like switching wings, diagonal balls or quick passing). A striker who can hold up play are very handy against teams like barca because they press a lot, therefore your striker can attract 2-3 CPU players n then release you in space.
In the end iuts all practice, n you'll soon know CPU plans and tactics easily.

thanks zefira

vivek1412,
what is MFs?
and do u reach the final in champions league in top player with marseille ???!!! what time of match do u play ?

useless topic.

play professional or lower levels if you cannot handle top class. simple as that. :BLEH:

Not useless at all, at least they are prepared to try,whats the point of a whole segment of the game left unplayed.And judging by posts people want to develop to this level.

moving the keeper by L1+R3 very useful , prohibit a lot of goals
(but do not miss after moving the keeper u have to repress L1+R3 again to make the keeper manage itself ,if u don't he will stand do not make any thing)

thanks zefira

vivek1412,
what is MFs?
and do u reach the final in champions league in top player with marseille ???!!! what time of match do u play ?

i reached , n have won the CL final against barca on penalties (Superstar level).
MF is Mid-fielder.
and i play 15 min matches.

i reached , n have won the CL final against barca on penalties (Superstar level).
MF is Mid-fielder.
and i play 15 min matches.

did u win barca with marseille in top player in final in 15 min match ?!!!!!!
if so congratulation , but could u gave me the tactic u play against barca?

did u win barca with marseille in top player in final in 15 min match ?!!!!!!
if so congratulation , but could u gave me the tactic u play against barca?

playing against barca, i put 2 defensive midfielders, in a 4321 formation. the wide wingers placed just above the half way line.

-----------Gignac-----------

--ayew--------amalfitano----

--------lucho---------------
--diarra-------cheyrou------

--sabo--mbia---diawara---fanni

this was my formation. i opted for possession tactics setting with player support-defensive, attacking style set to wide, pressing set low, positioning change set to low value.
i also set dirra and mbia to mark messi, setting cheyrou to mark xavi.
i found the most dangerous player was Sanchez. you ll have to take good care of him, other he ll punish you badly :P

also it really depends on your style of play. i play possession game, with very slow buildup and lot of passes. thats my way to defend actually.

Last edited:
(but do not miss after moving the keeper u have to repress L1+R3 again to make the keeper manage itself ,if u don't he will stand do not make any thing)

if you dont repress L1+R3, you have to make a save by yourself like i said in the 2nd clip.

Back
Top Bottom