DayZ mod- Arma 2

Hope it fixes its server issues, of the three hours I've spent trying to play it only 20 minutes were ingame, the rest was staring at black load screens.

Yes it is.

You could get it now or wait till it is in the sale, as I think I paid £3.75 for it at some point last year.

You need combined ops. not mjust arma 2. u need bare mimimum arma 2 free and arma 2 OA.

Arma 2+ Arma 2 OA is Arma 2 combined ops

I forgot you were in the US so it's actually ideal for you! Getting some reports on our forums that the Amazon download speed sucks so you might want to set it downloading before going to bed or something :)

Think Amazon is about the cheapest right now: http://www.amazon.com/Meridian4-403...8RRE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337359070&sr=8-1 $14.99US You need a US address entered to purchase but as it's a digital download nothing will be sent to the US address, so...

I have an amazon.com account as I buy alot of steam games from the download page.

You need to make up an american address to order from them.
So just go on your normal amazon.co.uk account add a 2nd billing address in America, preferably Delaware or New Hampshire as these states have no sales tax. I live at Toy 'r' Us in Delaware.

Then when you sign into amazon.com select the american billing address and you will be able to buy. But some banks do charge you for a foreign purchase.

what a epic night! i played till freaking 1am!!

Here is what happened. i respawned all the way in cherno and made my way north and met up with manble along the way and we teamed up together and followed the power lines going north east towards the damn where the helicopter is.

we avoided most towns along the way and came across a couple of zombies. one i aggroed that split us up briefly. i took the zombie down and met up with manble again who waited for me but could have left me(cheers).

We managed to end up where the helicopter is which took us an hour or two to reach their!

we waited for Marker to join us there and he came with a couple of other guys in a jeep!

manble had the final missing piece to fix the helicopter so hefixed it and we was off!! but it had low fuel so we all decided to take the jeep and go to the airfield nearby and get some fuel.

We reached their and took as much as we can and came back to the helicopter to refuel.

after that we went flyed back to the airfield with he heli as it was still not much fuel so we went their and refueled the heli as much as we can.

LOADS of zombies just popped up near us and we moawed them down! all of us with rifles so it was cool :)

after refueling we flies around the major cities of the map and basically killed everything that moved around the big cities with the machine guns attached to the helicopter lol.

Was the best night i have had on DayZ. soo good i was up till 1am when i normally goo to bed at 11 during the weekdays! was well worth it!

some pics

arma2oa 2012-05-22 00-14-13-66 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
arma2oa 2012-05-22 00-14-13-66 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

arma2oa 2012-05-22 00-17-00-54 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
arma2oa 2012-05-22 00-17-00-54 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

arma2oa 2012-05-21 23-58-41-33 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
arma2oa 2012-05-21 23-58-41-33 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

arma2oa 2012-05-21 23-57-49-43 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
arma2oa 2012-05-21 23-57-49-43 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

arma2oa 2012-05-21 23-50-25-50 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
arma2oa 2012-05-21 23-50-25-50 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

arma2oa 2012-05-21 22-21-19-57 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
arma2oa 2012-05-21 22-21-19-57 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

Finally got round to playing this for the 1st time last night, started playing at 10 it was 3am next thing I knew.

It was incredible, the survival aspect of the game was just brillant, died a few times in the beginning but got used to it quickly.

The downsides though were AI clitches, people who barb wire every location where the guns are, dickheads who sit on top of roofs in the bigger cities and just kill people for no reason.

I didn't really do much though, got a few weapons in Elektro and just used to the basic controls of the game and once I got used to that I just went around for abit trying to survive and when I noticed the time I just went on a rampage shooting every zombie I could find till I died.

Last edited:
It's an interesting concept, kinda wish it was something other than zombies tbh, example aliens based on Falling Skies would be awesome IMO :)

Be cool to see what the standalone does.

It is just a survival concept game, do everything you can to survive.
So they could do any sort of thing to it, aliens, nuclear apocalypse, but I think the main game will be very similar just the AI will probably be sorted out and there will be a few more maps.

But the idea is very good.

Unfortunately, it's been ruined by tons of fucking hackers. It's gotten up to a point where it's basically become unplayable to me and two of my buddies. We've played four longer sessions over the last week on different servers, each of those sessions ended due to invincible fucktards spawning right behind our backs, your character suddenly levitating 100m above the ground and then falling to his death or sudden explosions flattening whole landscapes.

We've put in well over 200 hours but there's really no point in going on until this mess is sorted. This and bugged tents which don't save your stuff properly. Apart from that, this has been an absolute blast to play with experiences we've all never had before in any game ever. Here's hoping Rocket will fix this crapola soon, even if that would mean waiting for the standalone version :-/

I have heard alot about being hacking the game.
But I seriously doubt they will bother fixing these issues until the game goes on sale.

I will still continue to play the game and will def be buying the game on release when it does arise.

But I seriously doubt they will bother fixing these issues until the game goes on sale.

Yeah. Rocket already explained that injecting more anti-hacking related things into this would take too much time and hurdles which is why they're focussing on getting the standalone version out. Can't blame him for that.

Oh, and if you haven't done yet, check out Lingor Island, it's an amazing diversion from Chernarus and works very, very well with all its accessible buildings.

Still be playing this quite abit, I am starting to get a little bored now and now just mainly visiting all the different locations on the map.
My main bitch now is about the lack of vehicles in the game I would love it if they could maybe double the amount of vehicles within the game as I reckon I have been playing it now for about 20-30 hours and I have not come across a single vehicle, I can't even find a bike.

I have watched a few videos though on how the development is going and it sounds pretty good what they are trying to do with the game.
He also mentioned that they are going to release a console version, I have no idea how this is going to work the consoles can't even run BF3 without that being cut down severly to make it shit.

I am very unsure though about adding dogs.

If anyone in here still plays DAYZ me and a mate have decided to get our own pvt server on a private hive.

So there will basically be no cocks(apart from me) playing on the server.

The vehicles will not need repairing and it is always daytime.

So if anyone else wants to join the server let me know and I will dish out the server id and password.

I keep meaning to give this a try. Heard so much about this and loads of great stories on various gaming podcasts. Trouble is I'm late to the party and would most likely get butt-raped by everyone else in the world.

You can try it for £7 if you buy Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead from CDDISKI then download Arma 2 Free.

I have started a PVT server so you won't get dicks.

I now have a PRIVATE SERVER with a PRIVATE HIVE, so if anyone is interested in starting to play again, then the server is only used by myself and a couple of mates.

There is a lovely selection of vehicles in both northern airfields, several different types, including 3 choppers.

There are loads of vehicles all over the map and people can get used to playing the game without all the dicks who play the game on the normal servers.

If you would like the server details just PM me as it is passworded.

Never tried Lingor, supposed to be fun, DayZ on a winter island, now that would be awesome! I remember the first time there was ever a snow island/units in Flashpoint that was so amazing, and it's just a white texture, felt colder!

Back
Top Bottom