CPU is a total let down.

The problem I found about the crappy CPU is that I´m playing a ML with PES United and play against other crappy teams like this, but CPU team starts passing the ball like Barcelona. 100% accurate!. They never miss one single pass and when I´m in control of the ball, all my passes to my CF´s are $hit, 80% of the times, go to a rival player. Come on, I´ve been playing this game since pes3, I´m not the best player in the world but I´m not the worst either. I love playing 4-1-4-1 so when I defend, I have 5 player for it, and when I attack, I have 5 players also. After playing a ML (38 matches) Ive got 7 victories 1-0 , 32 draws and 1 lost match....from those 32 draws, 31 were 0-0.....this $hit is terrible, is the most stupid pes that i did played.

I for one see a nice improvement since 2009 as far as the CPU AI is concerned. Of course, they defend rather poorly and give a lot of space for CF's and lack imagination in attack but if compared to 09:

- defenders take easily your ball and you cannot slalom the whole field just by switching directions;
- reaction times are much better, loose balls are properly cleared both by GK's and defenders
- i find playing vs CPU very entertaining, and for the first time in years I don't need to make a choice between pes6 and the latest version.
- some of the bugs (like own goals that CPU scores to help me) are funny and somewhat realistic - they happen in real life too, and pretty often

Maybe expectations were a little too high for everybody this year. I for one got what I expected and more.

Eh wot?

:PIG:

Have you come from another dimension where the laws of physics are totally inverted?

Wot a lot of utter drivel.

Absolutely. Though on odd occasions I do inflict an utter whipping.

Untitled-3.jpg

:CONFUSE: Maybe to replicate Sport Clube de Portuguals awful performances against Bayern Munchen last season ?

However this was on professional level and I still failed to make the 2nd stage because of a porous defence as with the real Atletico. :TTTH: Top player 20 minutes:
1-3 H L Internazionale
3-2 A W Vfl Wolfsburg
11-2 H W Sporting Lisbon
3-3 A D Sporting Lisbon
1-3 A L Internazionale
0-1 H L Vfl Wolfsburg

In that 11-2 defeat Lisbon conceded an awful own goal courtesy of Anderson Polga and that's when then thumping began. Anyone noticed this morale effect ?

Looking at the CL statistics (won by Internazionale v Lyon) Huntelaar top scored with 16 goals !!!! :CONFUSE: Messi was nowhere.

I would like it if the scores of the CL games and scorers and assists were better for instance I spotted several strange scores inc. Arsenal losing at home to Kobenhavn 1-3 ????

Yes, that is certainly a very severe scoreline. However, you differ from the typical forum whinging n00b in the following ways:

You admit the scoreline was on Professional difficulty, the n00b would deny that and say it was on Top Player.

You admit it was in a 20 minute long game, the whinging n00b would deny that and say it was 10 minutes long.

You acknowledge that all your other scores were much more normal, the n00b would deny that and say he was winning 10-0 every game.

You acknowledge that you were playing with a fairly decent team against a not so great team, the forum n00bs would deny that and say that they were playing as Saudi Arabia against Brazil.

What I meant to say Bill, is yes the game has it's faults and I do believe (maybe it's my own high end PC) the overall tempo of the game has been speeded up a touch (because of all the complaints that it was too slow and not arcadelike).

But it's a vast improvement on PES2009, and quite a good platform for 2011 to be built upon (albeit Konami have indicated they will be using a completely new engine for 2011).

And I try to play as a real team would which makes the whole thing better as an experience.

Some subtle stat tweaks posted by Dodo (at WENB) seemed to have turned the game into a complete simulation ie reduced heading accuracy, pass speed, goalkeeper agility etc etc.

I'm sure over the coming months a patch will be created that will create the desired gameplay for all. :))

Maybe it´s time for another company to develop a new soccer game.
EA and KONAMI are laughing in our faces. Year after year they promise the same "UH OH, WOW!", fix 2 or 3 things and broke another 2 or 3 things and we go and buy it hoping the best. Pes2008 has the "pinball effect" and they fixed for the 2009 edition, but did the goalkeepers really stupid. Now they fixed the gk thing......and guess what? "pinball effect" again One year is one thing, the next one, other.
It´s a disgrace!!!

Its not easy to make a football game things get fixed resulting in things being broke, Since i got super star mode i have got into it and find the cpu are extremely fun to play against they really push you hard.

Untitled-3.jpg

:CONFUSE: Maybe to replicate Sport Clube de Portuguals awful performances against Bayern Munchen last season ?

However this was on professional level and I still failed to make the 2nd stage because of a porous defence as with the real Atletico. :TTTH: Top player 20 minutes:
1-3 H L Internazionale
3-2 A W Vfl Wolfsburg
11-2 H W Sporting Lisbon
3-3 A D Sporting Lisbon
1-3 A L Internazionale
0-1 H L Vfl Wolfsburg

In that 11-2 defeat Lisbon conceded an awful own goal courtesy of Anderson Polga and that's when then thumping began. Anyone noticed this morale effect ?

Looking at the CL statistics (won by Internazionale v Lyon) Huntelaar top scored with 16 goals !!!! :CONFUSE: Messi was nowhere.

I would like it if the scores of the CL games and scorers and assists were better for instance I spotted several strange scores inc. Arsenal losing at home to Kobenhavn 1-3 ????

That confirms it for me, this game is far, far better on proffesinoal

I just been playing on top player using Barca for the first time today.

Don't play this game on Top Player if you want to play good football. Top player is easy if you use the best/fast teams such as barca, man united etc..

This game feels at times horrible on that level.

Proffesinoal is actually harder, slower and more realistic.

I been playing with villarreal on ML on proffesinoal. I win and draw most of my games and have the odd battering (Beat Getafe 5-1) but vs the better teams i lose, and vs real madrid i got beat 4-0 thanks to ratface!

This is a very, very good game, not prefect but a fine game. It has it's annoying error but none that kill the game at all. Unlike fifa where i don't even take the game seriously and win by huge scorelines.

What I meant to say Bill, is yes the game has it's faults and I do believe (maybe it's my own high end PC) the overall tempo of the game has been speeded up a touch (because of all the complaints that it was too slow and not arcadelike).

But it's a vast improvement on PES2009, and quite a good platform for 2011 to be built upon (albeit Konami have indicated they will be using a completely new engine for 2011).

And I try to play as a real team would which makes the whole thing better as an experience.

Some subtle stat tweaks posted by Dodo (at WENB) seemed to have turned the game into a complete simulation ie reduced heading accuracy, pass speed, goalkeeper agility etc etc.

I'm sure over the coming months a patch will be created that will create the desired gameplay for all. :))

The main thing for me to improve this game is to slow down the passing really.

That confirms it for me, this game is far, far better on proffesinoal

I just been playing on top player using Barca for the first time today.

Don't play this game on Top Player if you want to play good football. Top player is easy if you use the best/fast teams such as barca, man united etc..

This game feels at times horrible on that level.

Proffesinoal is actually harder, slower and more realistic.

I been playing with villarreal on ML on proffesinoal. I win and draw most of my games and have the odd battering (Beat Getafe 5-1) but vs the better teams i lose, and vs real madrid i got beat 4-0 thanks to ratface!

This is a very, very good game, not prefect but a fine game. It has it's annoying error but none that kill the game at all. Unlike fifa where i don't even take the game seriously and win by huge scorelines.

Have you not tried super star yet? worth a try, if your barca ya wooped every team not matter the difficulty lol they are too much to handle.

Have you not tried super star yet? worth a try, if your barca ya wooped every team not matter the difficulty lol they are too much to handle.

Nah, i haven't but i will try it. Playing on superstar is for people who want to play a game, rather than play a simulation. I could handle it, but i wouldn't be playing real football, i'll be jut trying to beat the game.

Take top player for example, you can play fast speedy attacking football with the best teams and succed. People who moan the game is too easy on Top Player are people who play like this with the best players. Try winning on top player using teams like Burnley? The game is best played on proffesional.

I found pro easier than top player i like to use a mix of teams and have the cpu on red and mine on green in exhibtion. Cannot change any options with super star at the moment, but even if your a good team the smaller teams hold their own against the stronger team if the players condition is not all bad. I looking forward to managing the ML default players, just need to wait for decent patch and all the kits and other mods.

Back
Top Bottom