1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Corners

Discussion in 'Winning Eleven' started by koray, 4 May 2006.

1. koray

koray Non-League

6 August 2003
    Turkey
    How can you defend a corner in this stupid game?

Every corner is goal...

2. Butters11

Butters11 Conference

29 November 2005
    Australia
    Liverpool
    square button???

3. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    As soon as they are about to take a corner select your defender closest to the near post, most times he'll be able to head clear.

4. Concentration. You actually have to defend corners instead of relying on the AI of your own team.

Switch to your tallest defender and mark the oppositions biggest threat.

5. studeep

studeep ManUnited academy

29 June 2005
    Uk
    Manchester United
    yep thats about it!!

6. STR

STR .

15 April 2003
    I had a lot of trouble with this before mainly because of the new angle you see the play. Some bastard always seems to come flying from off-screen to score.

7. lazylen

lazylen Conference

14 October 2004
    Do your best headers team up at a corner or is it still the same as all the WE/PES games where you take a corner and only the forwards and 2 midfielders are in the box?...

maybe a good tip for PES6 to put in a corner editor in which you can choose which players will be in the box for a corner\\:o/

8. otutsar

otutsar Non-League

1 May 2006
    Istanbul
    Galatasaray
    that is the best option, when you press square he would be able to clear. Also you can switch to WIDE screen mode, to have a clearer view of who is inside or outside the box.

9. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    that worked great on pes5. However ive noticed that the cpu has further crosses which end up being defended by the ai and then ive conceded. Now i dont position a defender and when the cross is taken the main defender is selected by the ai and then i head it out. Thats worked better for me so far in this game. Have probably conceded about 2 goals in 30+ games (6*) although ive only scored about 4 myself from corners.

10. Sapito

Sapito Conference

13 October 2005
    Brasília - Brasil
    Flamengo, Internazionale

Man, I just keep on doing the same I did with we9/pes5 and it still works ... in fact i find corner goals more dificult to happen in this game ...

11. modena

modena Guest

Just push l2+r1 to raise the attack to the red line and wait until your centerbacks come into the box

12. Andreas

Andreas Moderator

2 August 2003
    Yeah, either wait for them, or change kicker, and they'll automatically be there when you've selected your new kicker.

13. do u really think that there is time to chose the tallest defender to clear the ball?

14. embraceuk1

embraceuk1 Original Member Since 2001

30 December 2001
    Indiana USA (Scottish)
    Nottingham Forest
    I just hit the circle button and head them clear like i have always done

15. cigol

cigol League 1

14 August 2003
    It's more difficult in we10 because your not guaranteed to beat just by using R2 and hitting the buttons anymore. Have to accept it's a bit more 'random'.

16. Tykjen

Tykjen Conference

7 November 2001
    Norway
    Tromsø IL, Aston Villa
    use Triangle and intercept those dangerous freekicks with the keeper :)
    helps many many times for me.

17. SPMC

SPMC MY last WE07JLCC banners:

22 February 2004
    califas norte
    i stopped using the traditional way of clearing with :square: or :circle: , and found more success defending corners with :x: :). positioning with :r2: .

reference: 6* ML/Sporting Clube

Last edited: 15 May 2006