Copying X360 DLC from console to console via USB?

RuneEdge

Silent Assassin
1 October 2003
Manchester United
Before someone asks, the DLC in question is FUT10 for FIFA. There's an exploit in the old version of the DLC that I want to use. The problem is that I deleted it and redownloaded the game, except this time they've updated the game with a patch. I want the old copy of the game back on my HDD which is no longer on their (Microsoft) server. I mean, I want v1.0 and everytime you download the DLC now, you're gonna get v1.03 or something.

What I want to know is, if a friend of mines still has the old version, can he copy it to a USB stick, upload it online for me to download, then I transfer it onto a USB stick of my own and copy it to my own HDD on the console?
I mean, I know that we can now use USB sticks but I dont know if what I want to try is possible. Bare in mind that we've all already paid for and downloaded the DLC so everything is legit in that sense.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to copy DLC unless your 360 is JTAG'd, I could be wrong tho.

When I go to the memory management in the dashboard, although I havent tried it, I seem to be able to "move", "copy" or "delete" everything that's on my HDD. From gamertags to demos and DLC. And Microsoft allow you to install games, demos, etc on USB sticks, right? From what I understand, you had to use a jtag in the past but not anymore. So I'm thinking it should be possible but I'm not sure.

If it helps, I've copied game demos to a memory stick before for my brother to copy onto his Xbox, save him downloading them.

You could even run the demo from the USB memory stick!

If it helps, I've copied game demos to a memory stick before for my brother to copy onto his Xbox, save him downloading them.

You could even run the demo from the USB memory stick!
Cool. So I guess it's safe to assume I'll be able to do the same with DLC, right? Bare in mind I have already paid for it, it's just not on my HDD.

A quick question though, if you put that USB stick into a PC, can you access the files? What I want to do is get someone I know online to copy their DLC onto the PC and then send it to me to transfer onto my console.

I guess its locked in the sense that you cant use it till you've paid for it. What I mean is, if you downloaded some content that you paid for and I had also paid for it but didnt have it on my HDD (maybe deleted it afterwards or just cancelled the download), you can send me yours and it'd work perfectly fine.
For example, if you sent me an Xbox Live Arcade game, I'm assuming I'd be stuck with the trial if I hadnt paid for it, but if I had paid then everything would be ok. When it comes to stuff like map packs, I'm guessing you probably wouldnt have to pay cuz you can exactly get a trial map pack and the game you're playing (lets say COD) would simply check your HDD for the map data.

So yeah, its a simple matter of copying your content onto a USB stick and giving it to someone else. I took it a step further and got someone to upload the contents of their stick to me, which I then transfered to my own USB stick and used from there. And I had no problems at all.

Back
Top Bottom