Convince Dino to kickstarter new Kick Off and Player Manager

PESV

Championship
28 April 2002
The Netherlands
Sign the petition here: http://www.centrecirclestudios.com/petition/index.php

Text from the website (copy pasted, not my words):

Dino Dini is the developer behind the original Kick Off, Kick Off 2, Player Manager and GOAL! classic games for Amiga and Atari ST.

He started to make a spiritual successor to these classic games from the 90s, but alas, the project is on hold.
Dino has decided to focus on his musical passion, whilst he still can.
I would like us to continue production of the game using Kickstarter, but I need YOUR help to convince Dino it can be done.

Show your interest in bringing back these great games and convince Dino that there is a market for them!

We have 30 days (until May 15th) to get 3,000 signatures, so please sign it or Like us on facebook if thats your sort of thing. If we get enough funding from kickstarter the game would be released on PC, Mac, Linux/FreeBSD and iOS/Android.

Sign the petition here: http://www.centrecirclestudios.com/petition/index.php

Last edited:
He's been out of development too long and I'd say it would take more than a kickstarter to get a new football game off the ground these days.

He was good back in the Amiga days but that doesn't mean he could still work his magic now. Just look at Peter Molyneaux.

He's been out of development too long and I'd say it would take more than a kickstarter to get a new football game off the ground these days.

He was good back in the Amiga days but that doesn't mean he could still work his magic now. Just look at Peter Molyneaux.

This.

Wow. I have come here for a long time and every year i have been hearing people complain about PES/FIFA gameplay (and justly so). Then the Johan Cruijf of football games comes along to bring in some competition, and needs a bit of help, and this is the reaction?

Dino Dini has been teaching game design at university and has been actively programming in his spare time. He has been working on this project for at least a year, not counting the work on his earlier project (soccer 3) few years ago, when investors decided to suddenly stop all funding to the team.

If there is only the slightest chance that this game bring something new gameplay-wise, is that not worth the little bit of effort of signing a petition? Who knows where small steps will lead to.

Wow. I have come here for a long time and every year i have been hearing people complain about PES/FIFA gameplay (and justly so). Then the Johan Cruijf of football games comes along to bring in some competition, and needs a bit of help, and this is the reaction?

1. For me Fifa is very good.
2. The time of 2d top down football games is long past, there is absolutely nothing to say that Dino can make a 3d football game to surpass PES let alone Fifa.

Dino Dini has been teaching game design at university and has been actively programming in his spare time. He has been working on this project for at least a year, not counting the work on his earlier project (soccer 3) few years ago, when investors decided to suddenly stop all funding to the team.

If there is only the slightest chance that this game bring something new gameplay-wise, is that not worth the little bit of effort of signing a petition? Who knows where small steps will lead to.

I agree with the sentiment but to me this project requires big investment. A kickstarter is just a drop in the ocean when you think of the sums required to even develop a budget title these days. You also have to ask why the investors pulled their funding?

As much as I would love more football titles on the market, I don't think Dino Dini is the man to do it. Only a big player like 2KSports or Ubisoft (for example) would be able to make an impact these days. Even Ubisoft couldn't do it.

Ubisoft's effort was a shambles, Codemasters effort was half decent and probably on par with what PES has done this gen, with some decent backing money wise im sure they could do a good enough football game.

The problem i see though is no one will make a top football game now due to Konami & EA having all the licenses sewn up. A newcomer wont want to go with a game where they need to call Chelsea "London Royal Blue" Or Man United "Devils Reds"

I understand the nostalgia of some and I'm sure it would gather a fanbase for sure, but realistically, it's no competition for PES nor FIFA. Just the same way Mario Kart doesn't compete in any way to Forza or GT.

Unless the point is to turn Mario Kart into a simulator. In that case, this petition is pointless.

Back
Top Bottom