Collina Retires

fd1972uk

---------------------
9 January 2002
Glasgow
Celtic
Seems old slappy has retired.

He was due to retire after this season but has resigned after he was told that his sponsorship deal with Opal who also sponsor Milan.

Said that if they couldn't trust him, why should they bother. Because of this link with Milan, he'd only be able to ref in Serie B.

FD

gr8!!!
IMO he isn't the best, maybe v.good but allways one BIG mistaka in a match, e.g. Greace - Czech Rep. 2004 (no penalty for Koller); Czech - Netherland 2000 (penalty for Netherland); Milan-Juve 2005 (no penalty for Cafu) and so on........

bye

I'm a litle bit fed up with all what's being said about "big mistakes" of refs...
They have the toughest job in football and usually receive no protection.
With al the diving it's pretty normal that refs make "big mistakes"...if FIFA should really punish divers (suspend even post factum), then refs job would be less tough...

Get him over here, a guy of his International standing should be able to rob Everton of wins every week :)

Just because they have a tough job it doesn't mean they don't make mistakes, they unleash the red card WAY too easily, some of them favour one team over another which is totally wrong.

Remember they know what they are doing, nobody forces them to do the job, maybe 2 extra linesmen would help them along with a video ref, but I can't see that happening.

You see refs give a card based on the player reaction rather than what the ref seen, and we all know footballers are weak and fall to the ground like a bunch of poofs who have been sniped from Vassili Zaitsev.

Refs deserve every bit of shit they get, just like being a GK is tough also but if the keeper makes a big mistake and makes his team lose you can bet your arse he is going to get roasted.

kingpug said:
Refs deserve every bit of shit they get, just like being a GK is tough also but if the keeper makes a big mistake and makes his team lose you can bet your arse he is going to get roasted.

That's bullshit IMHO.
I'm glad you also mention GK's...the same reasoning appies to both referee or GK's errors. A CF can miss 50 chances but he will never get the blame...bit if GK's and refs make mistakes..it's because of those mistakes people think their teams have lost...well that is not true...
Let's take an hypothetical example and make it very exagerated.
Since you are from Glasgow, let's consider an Old Firm game. Rangers are by far the better team, they dominate the match in throughout the match both Prso and Buffel miss five unmissable goals.
Now in the last minute of the game Stilian Petrov is taken down in Rangers' box in what was Celtic's only attack of the match (FD and Calssic, remember this is hypothetical). Afterwards it turns out that Petrov was diving... (but only after seeing the replays).
On comes Nakamura who takes the penalty...bad luck for Celtic because Klos stops it, wants to lance the last counter-attack of the match and gives the ball to Petrov (in blatant off-side) who scores an easy goal...
Who is to blame for Rangers defeat??? The Rangers forwards, diving Petrov, the ref or Klose (or whatever his name is, i mean Rangers' GK).
For me it's fairly simple: the Rangers' forwards are to blame. And Petrov should get suspended post factum for his diving.
Who will get the blame??? The ref and Klose...

Will he know lose his sponsership deal as hes not a ref anymore, and if thats the case surly to use the phrase cutting your nose of to spite your face...

You guys are fuckin nuts! Colina has done more finals of major tournaments then any other ref in the world. There is a reason for that: Hes the best at it!

He respects the game of football more then half of the players who put on jerseys every week.

Don't give me no bullshit on how he fucked up everton. Everton should have never been in the champs league to begin with! There was no way in hell everton would have advanced in to the round of 16 while playing in the group stage!

Get off colina's nuts and respect and admire him for what he did!

2002 World Cup Final - The highest honour.

6 time FIFA best referee

1999 Champs Lge Final

sonnysan said:
Don't give me no bullshit on how he fucked up everton. Everton should have never been in the champs league to begin with! There was no way in hell everton would have advanced in to the round of 16 while playing in the group stage!
Well that's reason enough for us then! It's ok that they got knocked out as they should never have been there in the first place........... despite the fact they finished in the appropriate qualifying position :applause:

Get off colina's nuts and respect and admire him for what he did!
How about you get off Everton's nuts? ;)

Arent the premier leauges refs sponsored by Emirates? What about Arsenal next season in the Emirates stadiumt then.

What difference does it make? Ref decisions favour Arsenal more than enough anyway.

RuneEdge said:
What difference does it make? Ref decisions favour Arsenal more than enough anyway.

Do me a fucking favour and bore off with this ref's love Arsenal shit.

Even the Chelsea and Man Utd fans are becoming paranoid like moaninho and Demento.

Sulph said:
Arent the premier leauges refs sponsored by Emirates? What about Arsenal next season in the Emirates stadiumt then.

Did it make a difference when you were sponsored by them last year?

RuneEdge said:

Sulph said:
Not really, not much last season. But 0304 yeah.

You two make me laugh!! :lol:

I could go on about the lack of away team's penalties at Old Trafford or John Terry's "goal" against Barca, but what's the point? Ref's don't favour anyone!!

RuneEdge said:
Arsenal seem to get penalties easily at Highbury.

Until your players (RUUD, RONALDO and ROONEY) starting diving so did you and as Butatista said how many penalties used to be given against you at OT? Not many and don't even get me started on the ridiculous amounts of injury time there used to be in your games.

Nickybaker said:
Until your players (RUUD, RONALDO and ROONEY) starting diving so did you and as Butatista said how many penalties used to be given against you at OT? Not many and don't even get me started on the ridiculous amounts of injury time there used to be in your games.
Rooney hardly ever dives. You're probably just bitter about that one dive last season at Old Trafford against Arsenal.
As for the Ruud "dive" against Newcastle, I dont care whether it was a dive or not. The fact is that if a keeper touches the player and misses the ball, its a penalty. Maybe Ruud overeacted but the fact is that even if Ruud didnt go down, it still should have been a penalty.

But thats not the point I'm trying to make. Its just that whenever an Arsenal player goes down at Highbury, you can almost bet your life its gonna be a penalty. It happens too often.

Woah woah Terry against Barca was deserved, we had Drogba suspended in that game because of teh silly sending off in the first leg.

RuneEdge said:
Rooney hardly ever dives. You're probably just bitter about that one dive last season at Old Trafford against Arsenal.
As for the Ruud "dive" against Newcastle, I dont care whether it was a dive or not. The fact is that if a keeper touches the player and misses the ball, its a penalty. Maybe Ruud overeacted but the fact is that even if Ruud didnt go down, it still should have been a penalty.

But thats not the point I'm trying to make. Its just that whenever an Arsenal player goes down at Highbury, you can almost bet your life its gonna be a penalty. It happens too often.

It doesn't matter that Rooney only dived once as his one offence was highly publicised.

As for the Arsenal penalties they all seem pretty obvious most of the time (bar Pires v Portsmouth). If they were dubious the press would sure as hell make a big deal about them and they aren't.

RuneEdge said:

Mate your talking tosh...Your teams littered with diving scum. :shock:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom