Closing threads and deleting posts

gerd

Retired Footballer
8 January 2002
Over the moon
KRC Genk, Spurs
The last weeks i see that threads are closed or posts deleted without an explanation and without knowing who closed (or deleted them).
I think it would be better if mods who close threads or delete post would do this by posting the reason why they've acted.

It's not that important and i'm not speaking about threads that i initiated, but i think it would be better...People have the right to know why their posts are deleted or their threads closed. If only to prevent them from making the same "mistake" twice.

Agreed, there's been some harshness at times in the last 6 months or so. I'd prefer topics deemed unworthy to be instead moved to a trash section where the topic creator or whoever can then later see where it's gone, a post by a staff member stating why it's there, and possibly try and convince staff it's worthy of being moved back in the headlines.

But, this ain't my site. Do I see free Wotsits or McCoys for members here. No I don't.

:)

If threads or posts are deleted there will usually be a PM to whoever made the post so they will be aware of it. I can see what you mean with regards to posting a public reason but that would also usually involve quoting the message itself. If something is being removed it's usually because it's illegal or offensive so keeping it on show in any place defeats the purpose of removing it.

We're open to feedback and the like so where we can be more open there's no reason why we wouldn't but to expect it for most post deletions is too unrealistic and it would also mean that mods may then face their decisions being debated in public, which isn't fair on them. I'd much rather the occasional harshness and a mostly tidy forum than a moderating mess.

Back
Top Bottom