1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Change gameplay patch badly needed

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC' started by cadburyho, 3 December 2007.

1. cadburyho

cadburyho League 1

5 March 2005
    Been playing PES2008 quite seriously throughout the weekend. Finally, I got used to the shooting. Though the ball does not take off as it should, somehow I managed to score some fantastic long shots that I could never imagine. However IMO however ,PES2008 would be a much better game if the speed of the wingers/strikers are reduced to some extent. As it is, I have been getting incredible scores for a 10 minute game as the defenders could not keep up with forwards. I believe if someone can come out with a patch to slowdown the speed of the forwards, PES2008 will be a much tougher game. The scoreline would be much more realistic.

I remember from PES6 that there were such a patch. I can't remember who was the author of that patch(sorry) but I sure hope he is in the midst of doing it.

Last edited: 3 December 2007
  2. shevyi

shevyi Conference

20 August 2004
    Hi Cad,
    I had same problem and i did something(with a lot of patience):
    I reduced all speed and acceleration from any players(-40)...
    Yes, - 40....To make myself clear:
    Before: Kaka 88(speed) 92(acc)
    Now: Kaka 44(speed) 52(acc)
    The best thing would be to put 7 or 8 to every player's condition.
    The game just look really better.

3. BURNA

BURNA LIVERPOOL FC

26 April 2006
    England
    Liverpool
    A gameplay patch for PES6???

Are you sure you didn't dream that? I never saw such a patch for PES6.

4. Wowlman

Wowlman Banned

4 February 2006
    He means Chimps-with-Quiffs' option file for PES6, not a patch. That altered all players' stats to counteract what some people deemed to be downsides of the gameplay.

I'll be honest, I didn't notice much difference with that, but I think there is quite possibly more of a need for it this year.

5. Bill

Bill Conference

23 November 2007
    I am currently tweaking keepers and strikers to make the gameplay more realistic.

6. Dukelord

Dukelord Banned

6 February 2007
    how about an on-field orgy patch? :D

7. It depends which of my option files you used. Some had drastically different gameplay, others where only slightly tweaked.

I will be released tweaked gameplay option files for 2008, but need to wait for the a pc option file editor to be completed. This is looking likey to be from Mosu or PESMania.

From playing the game, I reckon so far, then keepers need improving, the defences and midfields need tightening, dribbling reduced and shooting tweaked, then try and get the balance between attacking and defending right.

I think this has chance to be a very good game, if we can edit the gameplay like we could in PES6./

8. otutsar

otutsar Non-League

1 May 2006
    Istanbul
    Galatasaray
    chimp, from your words i do understand that you dont plan to have an OF for PES2 (as you have had last year). getting back to tweaking (as i was one of the fans that enjoyed your OFs) i totally agree that keepers and defence need improvement, while attackers should slow down a bit but how much? i hv the pes editor, so need your guidance a bit... for instance, when talking abt keepers shall we update all keepers goalkeeping with +2 or for strikers shall we update acceleration with -3? hv read above that shevyi updated speed and acceleration with -40 and that seemed to me too much. thanks for the reply...

Last edited: 3 December 2007
  9. cadburyho

cadburyho League 1

5 March 2005
    Hi Chimps,
    We eagerly await your tweaked gameplay. It will definitely bring the best out out of PES2008. With balance gameplay, we can experience a more realistic battle between defender and strikers.
    Cheers.

10. Emanuel

Emanuel Portuguese

27 December 2006
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Real Madrid & Benfica
    It´s already out

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45164&page=3

Just try it

11. horus

horus Non-League

6 December 2007
    if u can change ur graphics to at least medium or to high. gameplay totally changes. i tried and yes it changed.

12. TerrierJim

TerrierJim League 2

1 June 2007
    This is correct. Low settings dont include as many animations as medium or high. Dont ask me why, its weird I know. Doesnt bother me though as its high all the way :D

13. cadburyho

cadburyho League 1

5 March 2005
    It did not occur to me that I missing quite a lot at low resolution. For a start, the stadium is empty and also the small dugout in game screen is also missing. I had no idea that it will change the gameplay if the game is played at a higher resolution. I have installed the Patch v1.2. It did not make any difference at all at the low resolution. I'm still getting incredible scores for a 10minute game. Last night, to my amazement I was playing in a snow covered pitch. It did not look like snow at all unlike PES6. It is just like a green pitch except that it is white in color. It is so white that I could not make out the lines on the pitch. It is something like a NHL hockey pitch minus the lines. I wonder whether it is due to my graphic card or something else. I'm currently using a low end NVIDIA 5200FX card,the game runs really smooth at the low resolution. By the way, is there really a snow covered pitch in the game cos when I click Winter in the weather selection, I still could not get a snow covered pitch. The snow covered pitch is only out at random.

If playing in medium or high resolution can change the gameplay, it is high time that I go for a much better graphic card. Thanks for the comment.

14. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 Retired Kit Maker

30 April 2006
    The Outback - Australia!
    go go go gunners!
    pes2008's gameplay wasn't ordinary. it had weird problems, like keepers blocking the ball and they fly like 10m away. i can get use to it, but if i wanted to play a realistic sim i would play pes6 or fifa 08. and so i moved to those. goodbye pes2008, it just didnt do it this year =/