Change gameplay patch badly needed

cadburyho

League 1
5 March 2005
Been playing PES2008 quite seriously throughout the weekend. Finally, I got used to the shooting. Though the ball does not take off as it should, somehow I managed to score some fantastic long shots that I could never imagine. However IMO however ,PES2008 would be a much better game if the speed of the wingers/strikers are reduced to some extent. As it is, I have been getting incredible scores for a 10 minute game as the defenders could not keep up with forwards. I believe if someone can come out with a patch to slowdown the speed of the forwards, PES2008 will be a much tougher game. The scoreline would be much more realistic.

I remember from PES6 that there were such a patch. I can't remember who was the author of that patch(sorry) but I sure hope he is in the midst of doing it.

Last edited:
Hi Cad,
I had same problem and i did something(with a lot of patience):
I reduced all speed and acceleration from any players(-40)...
Yes, - 40....To make myself clear:
Before: Kaka 88(speed) 92(acc)
Now: Kaka 44(speed) 52(acc)
The best thing would be to put 7 or 8 to every player's condition.
The game just look really better.

He means Chimps-with-Quiffs' option file for PES6, not a patch. That altered all players' stats to counteract what some people deemed to be downsides of the gameplay.

I'll be honest, I didn't notice much difference with that, but I think there is quite possibly more of a need for it this year.

He means Chimps-with-Quiffs' option file for PES6, not a patch. That altered all players' stats to counteract what some people deemed to be downsides of the gameplay.

I'll be honest, I didn't notice much difference with that, but I think there is quite possibly more of a need for it this year.

It depends which of my option files you used. Some had drastically different gameplay, others where only slightly tweaked.

I will be released tweaked gameplay option files for 2008, but need to wait for the a pc option file editor to be completed. This is looking likey to be from Mosu or PESMania.

From playing the game, I reckon so far, then keepers need improving, the defences and midfields need tightening, dribbling reduced and shooting tweaked, then try and get the balance between attacking and defending right.

I think this has chance to be a very good game, if we can edit the gameplay like we could in PES6./

chimp, from your words i do understand that you dont plan to have an OF for PES2 (as you have had last year). getting back to tweaking (as i was one of the fans that enjoyed your OFs) i totally agree that keepers and defence need improvement, while attackers should slow down a bit but how much? i hv the pes editor, so need your guidance a bit... for instance, when talking abt keepers shall we update all keepers goalkeeping with +2 or for strikers shall we update acceleration with -3? hv read above that shevyi updated speed and acceleration with -40 and that seemed to me too much. thanks for the reply...

Last edited:
I think this has chance to be a very good game, if we can edit the gameplay like we could in PES6./
Hi Chimps,
We eagerly await your tweaked gameplay. It will definitely bring the best out out of PES2008. With balance gameplay, we can experience a more realistic battle between defender and strikers.
Cheers.

It´s already out

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/45164/page-3

Just try it

Better offline/online performance here! No more slowdowns on replay!

Gameplay is also different! I thought it wouldn´t be possible to change gameplay with a 20MB patch, but in fact it did!!

It´s easier to win the ball against Ronaldinho, Etoo, Zlatan, etc Now you just need to cover it well and press :x: Awesome!!!

Also the :r1: runs are slower now! No more Speedy players running all along the pitch.

Finally konami! gratz for this great patch! I´m very happy with PES 2008. I want to hear the critics now! Just try it!

No more noobs with barcelona + :r1:

Online mode is better too. When we play against a 2 or 3 green bars player, there is no lag. Played great matches!

Been playing PES2008 quite seriously throughout the weekend. Finally, I got used to the shooting. Though the ball does not take off as it should, somehow I managed to score some fantastic long shots that I could never imagine. However IMO however ,PES2008 would be a much better game if the speed of the wingers/strikers are reduced to some extent. As it is, I have been getting incredible scores for a 10 minute game as the defenders could not keep up with forwards. I believe if someone can come out with a patch to slowdown the speed of the forwards, PES2008 will be a much tougher game. The scoreline would be much more realistic.

I remember from PES6 that there were such a patch. I can't remember who was the author of that patch(sorry) but I sure hope he is in the midst of doing it.

if u can change ur graphics to at least medium or to high. gameplay totally changes. i tried and yes it changed.

if u can change ur graphics to at least medium or to high. gameplay totally changes. i tried and yes it changed.

This is correct. Low settings dont include as many animations as medium or high. Dont ask me why, its weird I know. Doesnt bother me though as its high all the way :D

It did not occur to me that I missing quite a lot at low resolution. For a start, the stadium is empty and also the small dugout in game screen is also missing. I had no idea that it will change the gameplay if the game is played at a higher resolution. I have installed the Patch v1.2. It did not make any difference at all at the low resolution. I'm still getting incredible scores for a 10minute game. Last night, to my amazement I was playing in a snow covered pitch. It did not look like snow at all unlike PES6. It is just like a green pitch except that it is white in color. It is so white that I could not make out the lines on the pitch. It is something like a NHL hockey pitch minus the lines. I wonder whether it is due to my graphic card or something else. I'm currently using a low end NVIDIA 5200FX card,the game runs really smooth at the low resolution. By the way, is there really a snow covered pitch in the game cos when I click Winter in the weather selection, I still could not get a snow covered pitch. The snow covered pitch is only out at random.

If playing in medium or high resolution can change the gameplay, it is high time that I go for a much better graphic card. Thanks for the comment.

pes2008's gameplay wasn't ordinary. it had weird problems, like keepers blocking the ball and they fly like 10m away. i can get use to it, but if i wanted to play a realistic sim i would play pes6 or fifa 08. and so i moved to those. goodbye pes2008, it just didnt do it this year =/

Back
Top Bottom