Champions League 2009-10

I'd prefer Porto to get the first spot and have Chelsea on the first knockout round, just to win at Stamford, and this time without a norwegian referee ;)

:BEER:

BTW, congratulations for the Supercup, fuc**** delicious pass by messi...

Last edited:
I noticed just a few weeks ago that the final is on a Saturday,was there an actual reason for that or just a trial?

Watching Man U game, big Vidic has been terrible, shoulda been sent off.

FD

Also gives some of us a chance to watch it or fly out. I knew a few people who missed 2008 and 2009 finals due to exams

Yeah, while europeans get the match at night, most people in asia or america can't watch it because they're either working or sleeping. Saturday is just more right.

Ok, i get that and don't oppose the Saturday thing :) ... but still -it's an UEFA game :P as in... "european" football federation.

Wednesday worked for me personally.. cause there basically IS no option to go "see" the real game, and as far as tv is concerned.. i just loved the next day chats - be it high-school, college, work.

I don't think even I myself could have wrote a better script for tonight's Champions League action.

I love football. :D

just...wow.

БРАВО РУБИН

does that stand for "bravo rubin" ?
jeez cyrillic and ancient greek are really similar....
maybe i can speak russian without even knowing it :P

anyhow lots of unexpected results tonite.

Indeed it does mean that,

They played a superb game, and showed that a team with a good level of organisation and pace down the wings can defeat a "big" team with lots of planning and effort. Also their captain, best player, and the only one with significant big European game experience, Sergei Semak, had to go off before half time. Fair play to them as well in going for the win and not being content at 1-1, I think them and Kiev could cause lots of problems for Inter and Barca as the season goes on.

"Герой Татарстана"...

Medal back - the following game of "Rubin" (Ruby) in RFPL. Whether football players can be switched to rails of the domestic championship. Here it is a question.

Оборотная сторона медали - следующая игра "Рубина" в РФПЛ. Смогут ли футболисты переключиться на рельсы отечественного чемпионата. Вот это вопрос.

Glad to see such a previously big side like Kiev doing a good job again, though seriously Shevchenko should've scored when he had that chance.

Kazan were magnificent and should set a precedent for every other underdog in the competition, just go out there and take it to the big teams and see what you get. Playing like it's a cup final always lifts the players on your team.

I sense we're gonna have a very tough time in Moscow tonight.

Следующий матчи Ростов-на-Дону, Самаре, а затем ЦСКА в ноябре. ЦСКА жесткую и после чего "Зенит" в Санкт-Петербурге. Но "Спартак" имеет много трудных игр также. Я думаю, "Зенит" имеет самый простой игры.

Yes, Rubin played well and organized, and even though they had all the luck in the world (and probably even more than that) it's time to congrats for them.

Usually one of the 12 shots on goal OR the two posts that barcelona made would have gone in and the result could have easily been different for us.
On the other hand, Kazan shot 3 times and scored in 2 of them, that's an unusual shot-goal percentage but to win here at barcelona you must play organized, deffensive (as they did to the extreme) and well offensively (as kazan did) and have a lot of luck (which kazan had!).

I'm waiting for the match at Kazan to see if we can revert the situation back to normal and win.

Barcelona, as other teams right now, showed signs of tiresome. Starting the seasons with lots of matches and transoceanic flights to play for the national teams is damaging a lot the big teams, that can't prepare right. All the big teams are suffering these days because of injuries, tiresome and is difficult having the players fit.

Great to see some of the results coming up this week for the smaller teams, that's what I want to see more of, I'm glad Platini has brough in a better qualification route for champions of smaller nations.

Too many younger fans only have stars in their eyes and don't want to know about these teams that don't have the huge reputation.

Long may it continue.

FD

p.s. I was right about Athletico Madrid. ;)

German teams are awful this year.

Wish I had money in my ladbrokes account last night, as I knew they'd come back to 3-3.

FD

German teams are awful this year.

Wish I had money in my ladbrokes account last night, as I knew they'd come back to 3-3.

FD

Wolfsburg is doing rather good Frank...and that's the German team i prefer.
Man Utd are vulnerable this season...i think they need to renew their team. When Fletcher becomes one of the most important players, something is wrong.
I admire Giggs (one of my all-time favourite players), and he's great this season, but it's not normal that at his age, he's that important aswell...

Why is it not normal that Fletcher is our most important player? Because he's not fashionable? Roy Keane was our most important player for years and he was just a scrawny Irish kid once.

Why is it not normal that Fletcher is our most important player? Because he's not fashionable? Roy Keane was our most important player for years and he was just a scrawny Irish kid once.

Do the same exercise for other big clubs and compare Fletcher to those other MVP's....and i think you will see what i mean...

Let there not be a misunderstanding, i do think that Fletcher is a good player, but he's not as good as Keane (and i never liked Keane), let alone the key players of teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea or even Liverpool...

Do the same exercise for other big clubs and compare Fletcher to those other MVP's....and i think you will see what i mean...

Let there not be a misunderstanding, i do think that Fletcher is a good player, but he's not as good as Keane (and i never liked Keane), let alone the key players of teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea or even Liverpool...

Well as it looks were doing as well as anyone in the competition Gerd (Hoping to make it to a 3rd straight final:SMUG:).

The Group Stages haven't been as cut and dry as some thought. Liverpool, Bayern are both looking like they won't make the last 16 with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Milan and Inter all on thin ice.

Crossing my fingers and praying that Rubin and Dynamo make it out of that group.

What an achievement that would be! :D

Crossing my fingers and praying that Rubin and Dynamo make it out of that group.

What an achievement that would be! :D

That's almost impossible right now and frankly, it wouldn't be good for football. Barcelona had all the bad luck in the world against the russians, but if you love football, you want barcelona to go on. Inter, there's another story, after the first 5 matches, I have seen no difference at all between them and the slavian teams, they just put men in the own area and pray to score in a single counter. Crap.

They obviously don't have the resources or quality to play like Barca and if they tried, they'd get slaughtered like Wigan last week.

Don't see how it would be bad for football either. Would just be one of those freak occurences in football.

Besides, it would give me a right laugh. :P

Back
Top Bottom