CF, R/LF, R/LS, ST...Talking Tactics.

ruffneckc

Salad Yute!
27 April 2003
New York
Arsenal FC
So I've been trying to figure out what the difference between a striker, who's primary position is a ST vs CF. What differences in behavior - primarily attacking - do these attributes have on a striker?

Two examples:

Firstly, the primary preferred position for Didier Drogba in Chelsea's 4-5-1 come 4-3-3 formation is ST but I swear he was a CF in the true sense of the word.

Can anyone shed some light as to why he wouldn't be more akin to being a CF, first and foremost? And why does this affect his overall rating.

Secondly, when I look at Arsenal, v. Persie (RS) play upfront with Adebayor (LS) and his overall rating dips to 84 from 85 because of this. If I put him as a CF then his overall rating maxes at 85. Does this affect his partnership with Adebayor in anyway?

Please discuss. Thanks.

Its really somthing that i've never understand on fifa...some player play some position in real life that get them better but in fifa sometime their worse... Didier Drogba is obviously a CF(central foward) and not a ST( second striker) a second striker is somebody like Rooney, tevez, and a CF is someone like van nistelroy, drogba, a CF is someone that can play as a post player that is called a CF. Van persie is totaly not a CF, hes former position is a Winger and play as a ST in arsenal but hes not a CF.
thats somthing really messed up in FIFA, and not welll explain too.

I totally agree with your points as well, which is why I would love to know if the player's runs, eagerness to get into the box or drop off in midfield to collect the ball, is affected by these settings or is it just the overall rating that is affected. Having a LS and RS upfront should mean they work in conjunction to share the workload and setup each other for chances/strikes on goal.

I want the higher rating 85 for v. Persie but I'm afraid setting him as a CF will blunt his partnership with Adebayor in some way.

Back
Top Bottom