can anyone look and see if the back of box of the 360 vers. sez PAL only?

BumperMan

Champions League
20 June 2005
North America
Legia Warsaw
cuz now i'm thinking that since it plays in 60hz and since pro evo 5 was able to play on my usa ps2 when i selected it i would hope so

This appears on the back of PES 6:

For use with Xbox 360 entertainment system with "PAL" designation and PAL TVs capabale of displaying 60Hz signal.

BumperMan said:
cuz now i'm thinking that since it plays in 60hz and since pro evo 5 was able to play on my usa ps2 when i selected it i would hope so
doesnt matter, if you have widescreen HDTV you should be able to play in pal or ntsc... BUT what does matter, is that your XBOX 360 can play european games, which it cannot if you bought it in the states

csaunders said:
doesnt matter, if you have widescreen HDTV you should be able to play in pal or ntsc... BUT what does matter, is that your XBOX 360 can play european games, which it cannot if you bought it in the states

So, what you are saying is that our US HDTV's are compatible with PAL 360, or PS2 consoles. However, we would be unable to play a PAL game in our US based consoles. So, the problem here is not the HDTV, but the console itself.

Is my understanding of this correct?

The console itself is region free, meaning it can play every game. The games themselves however are not region free and it is up to the developer to set them to region free or to region lock them. Konami and EA already have a known history of region locking their games on the 360 meaning they can only play on either PAL, NTSC-U, or NTSC-J(or whatever the developer locks it to).

Back
Top Bottom