Call of Duty : Black Ops

Scutch

Futsal Master
31 October 2006
Cumbria, UK
Tottenham Hotspur
Seems the first teaser website has launched :

http://www.gknova6.com/

Absolutely no idea what it's all about, or even if it's definitely COD7 related (there were rumours it could be Fallout : New Vegas teaser, but looking unlikely).

Be patient with the website, it's 14MB SWF (Flash) file so give it a minute or two. You can fiddle with the knob on the right hand side to adjust the frequency, but it's still very confusing and inane, to me. Googling gknova6 heralds several websites with folk trying to decypher whatever code they're imagining they've found.

While we're on the game theme :

Call Of Duty 7 will carry the name 'CoD: Black Ops' when it arrives in November, and feature missions set in various recent conflicts - including at least one as an SAS operative - according to online reports.

Hardcore CoD site Tek9 (spotted by MapModNews.com) cites 'undisclosed sources at Activision' as having confirmed the existence of 'Black Ops' - and a few alleged game details.

The report says that 'Call of Duty 7 will be set in recent history, between WWII and present day' and will feature missions in Cuba and South America among others - suggesting the title won't be solely set in Vietnam as previously thought.

The source also claims that in certain missions players are able to take control of a member of Britain's SAS. One of these SAS missions reportedly places you in close combat during a mission in the Iranian embassy in London during the 1980s.

The site also says the game will be coming in November - something trade sources told CVG earlier this year.

We'll check in with Activision, but expect the usual 'rumour and speculation' comment...

:COOL:

Last edited:
Re: Call of Duty 7 : Black Ops

Call of Duty.
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare
Call of Duty : World at War
Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2

Thats the way the series has run so far.

Last edited:

Call of Duty.
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3

endless warshitgames...

Sounds very good, I was hoping it'd be more in Vietnam to be honest, I like that sort of scenery, like in WaW.

Call of Duty.
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3

For some reason I thought it it was:

Call of Duty 4 : World at War
Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare 2

Thanks.

Good I hope the entire series falls on its over hyped face. Both Vince Zampella and Jason West from IW have left and now made a new EA Partner studio called Respawn Entertainment.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty 7 - long rumoured to be set in Vietnam - will feature the custom killstreaks introduced in Modern Warfare 2.

That's according to the eagle-eyed super-fans at CoD Vietnam News, who've dug through Treyarch's recent forum comments with a fine comb to compile a list of things we know about the next Call of Duty (which admittedly isn't much).

Apparently, the developer's 'Treyarch dev Vahn' (real name David Vonderhaar - Multiplayer Design Director for the upcoming CoD game) has strongly suggested the firm will ditch a lot of the imbalances of MW2 multiplayer, including the Commando perk and the controversial nuke killstreak.

Previous rumours suggested the game will be called 'Black Ops' and feature SAS missions in Iran, according to an 'Activision insider'.

Here's what they came up with:

* While they've tried having custom killstreaks for each class, that seemed to complicate the 'purity and speed' of Create a Class.
* Consequently, it's fair to assume that customizable killstreaks are all but confirmed.
* At this stage in development, killstreaks stack and carry over if you die, but do not contribute to further killstreaks (hence eliminating the 'camping for killstreaks' problem of Modern Warfare 2).
* Treyarch are not fans of Commando, the extended melee range perk in Modern Warfare 2, and it is unlikely to return.
* They've tried a 'manned' version of the Sentry Gun killstreak, but weren't fans.
* We may well see a return to pistols as the only available sidearm, or perhaps a choice between pistols and launchers. Vahn and many of the team are not fans of shotguns and machine pistols as secondary weapons - it gives a player 'too much firepower'.
* The knife may well become a secondary weapon - although Vahn didn't want to say too much.
* Finally, don't expect the nuke to return as a killstreak. Vahn says they are not fans of a game-ending killstreak

Trailer later today

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Am I the only one sick and tired of Call of Duty now? I need a bit of a break from this over hyped franchise. Year on year, its just too much.

Love this game to death and I think it's my favorite game of all time. I'm happy about some of the news and agree that there is to much firepower. But the Nuke thing is stupid in my view, I'm a player who plays HQ and I always go for nukes and it takes a lot of skill.

Am I the only one sick and tired of Call of Duty now? I need a bit of a break from this over hyped franchise. Year on year, its just too much.

Nope, I too am sick of this franchise along with the Halo franchise. :YAWN:

I didn't even bother playing MW2 online and felt cheated out of my hard earned cash with the incredibly short and boring SP campaign. It's just the same shite with a new gloss year upon year with the same bunch of fag kids exploiting the game online and ruining it for everyone.

Nope, I too am sick of this franchise along with the Halo franchise. :YAWN:

I didn't even bother playing MW2 online and felt cheated out of my hard earned cash with the incredibly short and boring SP campaign. It's just the same shite with a new gloss year upon year with the same bunch of fag kids exploiting the game online and ruining it for everyone.

I agree with you mj, apart from the Halo bit! I love the Halo franchise to bits. Unlike COD all the games have had a fantastic storyline that has gripped me throughout and the MP is utterly superb. Thankfully Halo does not come out every year as there have been gaps of 2-3 years between each major instalment (apart from Halo 3: ODST and Halo Reach, but ODST was a expansion pack, saying that ODST was better than MW2 in my opinion).

Now im not a COD 'hater'. 1 & 2 were both great and COD4 had an enjoyable multiplayer but the single player was crap and since then its gone downhill really. However that teaser trailer doesnt look too bad. Shame you cant see too much of the gameplay. I suppose thats why its a teaser!

It would be great if there will be some changes. I wish COD7 will be war in Yugoslavia between Croatia, Bosnia and former Yugoslavia (Serbia & Montenegro).
It's boring playing all time war in Vietnam or WW2, this would be great.

Sorry for my bad english.

Some games should be offered at half price, imo.

I agree with you mj, apart from the Halo bit! I love the Halo franchise to bits. Unlike COD all the games have had a fantastic storyline that has gripped me throughout and the MP is utterly superb. Thankfully Halo does not come out every year as there have been gaps of 2-3 years between each major instalment (apart from Halo 3: ODST and Halo Reach, but ODST was a expansion pack, saying that ODST was better than MW2 in my opinion).

Now im not a COD 'hater'. 1 & 2 were both great and COD4 had an enjoyable multiplayer but the single player was crap and since then its gone downhill really. However that teaser trailer doesn't look too bad. Shame you cant see too much of the gameplay. I suppose thats why its a teaser!

I have played all four Halo games; H1, H2, H3 and ODST (excluding the RTS game, as it's not my thing).

H1-3: I'm sorry, but the Halo saga didn't do it for me; with all the build up and hype of the third game I thought they'd turn the franchise around and start to introduce a gripping story or something revolutionary. Whilst the multiplayer was the best out at the time (and probably still is one of the best FPS multiplayer games on the 360, compared to the modern, laggy glitchfests we have in abundance nowadays), the SP and story in general of H1-H3 were quite simplistic and boring, especially compared to similar games set in similar circumstances e.g. Mass Effect.

Halo ODST was a disgrace all things considered. IIRC it was primarily intended to be DLC due to it's length, but they flogged the cash cow charging a full £40 for it. The story was boring and added no value to the franchise whatsoever, bar a few new features i.e. the new visor view.

------

I agree with you without regarding COD1+2. They were and still are the best Call of Duty games and Call of Duty 4 was a great title as a whole. COD4 was my first serious online FPS multiplayer title on a next-gen console (Resistance didn't have many online at the time) and I still played it up until MW2. It had a great online aspect and I thought the single player was pretty decent at the time.

Who knows, COD Black Ops may surprise us all, but if the past titles are anything to go by I don't think it's worth full price.

Last edited:

You can make your own replays by the looks of it at the end

But yeah it looks the same as MW2 but with some new dodgy killstreak rewards which is the death of teamwork

Looks like a pile of shite as ever.

They should just remove the killstreak awards because they ruined MW2.

Least the maps look like they might be better though, that was the worst part of MW2.

Yeah the killstreaks in the original MW were perfect, dunno why they did it like they did in the last one, was just ridiculous. Once someone got going it just becomes impossible and they rack up kill after kill without evening having to move.

I'm absolutely shit at MW2 (and other shooters) so I'll probably give this a miss.

The matchmaking system was, although good at finding you smooth games with loads of players, terrible for beginners like me to play people at your level. Instead you end up with a bunch of elitist dickheads who have no life and play the game way too much and end up with a shit k/d ratio and just get pissed off.

Back
Top Bottom