C64 Mini/Maxi [Hardware]

geeeeee

International
2 May 2010
London
Tottenham
Anybody else looking forward to this?...https://thec64.com/

I have just been reading some of the old reviews of the games included in Zzap! magazine and most of the games got very good reviews back in the day. I used to love the C64 and wow some of the sound tracks!

How did I miss this?!
Very tempted. Would love an Amiga Mini too :)

Yeh i only stumbled upon it by accident. Amiga would be good and also for VIC20. Rockman was my favourite game on the VIC20.

Would be a great way to play Pitfall.

Do you mean Pitfall 2? I’m sure Pitfall was on the Atari.

Hopefully there will be more games eventually.

Do you mean Pitfall 2? I’m sure Pitfall was on the Atari.

Hopefully there will be more games eventually.

Can't remember which one it was.

I'm talking about the one where you run with the green dude while avoiding snakes, alligators and that white thing that gets you killed if you touch them.

I've played the Artari version that came as a bonus with "Pitfall The Mayan Adventures" for windows 95. I've wasted hundreds of hours on that game back in 2006.

Anyway, the C64 version looked better, atleast that's what I've seen on Youtube. So I wanna try C64 version aswell.

Can't remember which one it was.

I'm talking about the one where you run with the green dude while avoiding snakes, alligators and that white thing that gets you killed if you touch them.

I've played the Artari version that came as a bonus with "Pitfall The Mayan Adventures" for windows 95. I've wasted hundreds of hours on that game back in 2006.

Anyway, the C64 version looked better, atleast that's what I've seen on Youtube. So I wanna try C64 version aswell.

Pitfall on the Atari was the one where you ran along the screen jumping over snakes and on aligator’s heads when jumping over the water. There was also a swing rope if i remember. The white thing was a scorpian. Such a simple game but it was a classic at the time. If you was out by one pixel when you jumped then you was dead.

Pitfall 2 on the C64 was a bit more varied because it included going up and down ladders and swimming. And also a big air balloon which you only got to see on a certain screen. You had to grab hold of the cord and it would take you somewhere.. cant remeber where though.

Tempted, purely for nostalgic reasons. Would never use it though.

The Commodore 64 was what i played when i was a teenager so i am really looking forward to it for nostalgic reasons. But i am also looking forward to playing each game. I may even download copies of Zzap! Magazine to add to feelings i got back then. I know it is really sad but nowadays i only really play footy games which are pretty poor now so i may get my fix from the C64. :)

Pitfall on the Atari was the one where you ran along the screen jumping over snakes and on aligator’s heads when jumping over the water. There was also a swing rope if i remember. The white thing was a scorpian. Such a simple game but it was a classic at the time. If you was out by one pixel when you jumped then you was dead.

Pitfall 2 on the C64 was a bit more varied because it included going up and down ladders and swimming. And also a big air balloon which you only got to see on a certain screen. You had to grab hold of the cord and it would take you somewhere.. cant remeber where though.

The Commodore 64 was what i played when i was a teenager so i am really looking forward to it for nostalgic reasons. But i am also looking forward to playing each game. I may even download copies of Zzap! Magazine to add to feelings i got back then. I know it is really sad but nowadays i only really play footy games which are pretty poor now so i may get my fix from the C64. :)

Totally agree.

The c64 was my first ever games machine. I have such fond memories of:

Spy Hunter
Impossible Mission
Commando
Blue Max
The Last Ninja
Bruce Lee
The Way of Exploding Fist
Gogo the Ghost

Such amazing games.

@bluewomble88 yes all excellent games. I remember waiting for months to see screen shots of The Last Ninja.

I loved reading the game reviews and having to wait a couple of weeks before they came out. Buying a game back then from my local market stall was so much more exciting than just downloading instantly like we can do nowadays. And finding those gems from Mastertronic, i think they were £1.99. :)

Give me a Nintendo 64 classic and I am in... Or a Dreamcast, this is too old to tickle my nostalgia, sadly

@bluewomble88 yes all excellent games. I remember waiting for months to see screen shots of The Last Ninja.

I loved reading the game reviews and having to wait a couple of weeks before they came out. Buying a game back then from my local market stall was so much more exciting than just downloading instantly like we can do nowadays. And finding those gems from Mastertronic, i think they were £1.99. :)

Totally get those feels!

Mastertronic were great. I used to play "BMX Simulator" loads. They were the kings of the 1.99 budget game!!

Damn... look at these cover arts!

http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/...uthor=&publisher=mastertronic&order=Publisher

Kickstart!
Way of the Exploding Fist
Night Racer

I had a vast majority of those games. Even stuff like "Fruit Machine Simulator" used to wow me.

Great memories.

Some of the retro game cover art is beautiful. I bought an Atari from a toy fare a while ago that also had some games with the boxes and manuals. Personally I love the Activision art.

I have now bought the C64 Maxi which has a working keyboard. Really enjoying playing some old classic games and look forward to playing some new ones.

I bought MW Ultra the other day which is a good game.

Here are Bastich B’s top ten for this year.

I know it is not everyone’s cup of tea but for me personally I am loving this at the moment. :)

Back
Top Bottom