Buying a car

Nask0BS

PES Enthusiast
12 June 2006
Bourgas, Bulgaria
Naftex & Real Madrid
Any car fans here, that can help me?

I'm looking for daily driver with 1.9 or 2.5l TDI engine, '98-'04 production year and prefer a saloon.

Audi A6 (C5)
800px-Audi_A6_C5_rear_20081009.jpg

1.9 8v TDI I6
2.5 24v TDI V6

VW Passat (B5)
File%3a%50assat4.jpg
800px-Passat4.jpg

1.9 8v TDI I6
2.5 24v TDI V6

BMW 3 Series (E46) not the facelift
BMW320i_E46_Lim.jpg

320d Engine model:M47D20

Alfa Romeo 156 (type 932)
800px-Alfa_Romeo_156_Selespeed.jpg

1.9 JTDm I4 16v
2.4 JTD I5 10v

I've driven Scoda Fabia 1.9TDI for 3 years, I know the engine and I like it. My Choicelist is this. Based on pricerange and engines. I like Audi the best for now and know that is basicaly the same as the VW. Don't aim for best performance, but in runing/service costs, comfort, reliability in this order.

Audi is brilliant, they can run for miles! I know someone who is running a RS6 that has done 120k on the clock.

Audi if the spec is right, you'll get far more toys for standard in the Passat and both will hold their money if you look after them, it's a choice of those two and the running costs will be the about the same with the Audi being the more expensive on service etc...

The Audi is a much nicer car than the Passat, but you do definitely get a lot more for your money if you go for the VW.

Interesting you picked the A6 and not the A4 though?

That said, if it was my money I'd be going for the E46, because it's always been reviewd as the best to drive, I think the pre-facelift car is the best looking car of it's size as well, including the Alfa.

Audi A4/B6 is about 3500 Euros, too few and too expensive are the offers about some B7's - 6000+ Euros and all are avant/wagon. I want sedan.

For now I'm aiming on Passat B5.5 for about 4000... or BMW 320d for 5000... if I blow all my budget on the purchase.

I've been thinking of getting an Alfa 156 myself. Yes, it's most likely to be the least reliable of the lot, but it will probably be the cheapest and you get a lot of kit for your money. They are great to drive, have good engines, and look better than any other saloon in my opinion and they have more character than the dull German cars.

So, go on, stand out from the crowd (or at the side of the road) and get an Alfa.:TU:

You have collect very nice photos of cars.Great work.I like all car photos.I have purchased this car.You can contact me by this forum.Anyway thanks for sharing car photos.

Back
Top Bottom