Bundesliga Thread 2012/13

Re: Bundesliga Thread 2008/2009 "Champion Wolfsburg "

Just finished watching the highlights of Wolfsburg vs Hamburg, excellent game. Really good performance by Hamburg.

image_slshow_einzel_0_7.jpg

Bayern - Wolfsburg 3:0 (Gomez, 2x Robben)

:APPLAUD: :TTTH: :WORSHIP:

-> YouTube - Bayern Munich 3-0 Wolfsburg [HIGHLIGHTS] 2 Goals from ROBBEN .....1GOAL Gomez

Last edited:

What a perfect performance by Robben. He instantly played as if he joined Bayern five years ago. Ribéry, Robben, Gomez....oh what a joy.

What a perfect performance by Robben. He instantly played as if he joined Bayern five years ago. Ribéry, Robben, Gomez....oh what a joy.

Very good. Take away Gomez though. Very very overrated.

Take away Gomez though. Very very overrated.

Nah, mate, he really isn't. You just wait and see, the terrible performances for the national squad really didn't do him justice yet. He's most definitely going to be Germany's next big thing.

Cant see Ribery there for long though.

But...Ribery, suprised Real got rid of him, and suprised other teams didnt put bids in

Bayern looked like a completely different team yesterday, Robben and Sniedjer fitted in instantly to their new teams.

Nah, mate, he really isn't. You just wait and see, the terrible performances for the national squad really didn't do him justice yet. He's most definitely going to be Germany's next big thing.

i look at his club performances. cant argue with his record but to me his work outside the box isnt great, his movement isnt the best and isnt someone i think could go and be a success in spain, italy or england

Their relationship is more than just 'professional' now! :P :D hahaha

Germany posses one of the strongest youth in the world right now. Lots of young prospects right now, if 50% end proving their potential, then it seems like Germany will win something in the next decade.

Watched Leverkusen dominate your club last week OPM and Kiessling having his moments. Still not a fan of his though. I much prefer what I expected will be one of the best buys of the season in form of Swiss/Turk Eren Derdiyok and so far he seems to have taken very little time settle/adjust and is already showing his qualities!

What did you think of the match or the season Kiessling is having so far. A lot of people are praising him but I'm still not convinced. And I find it ridiculous that there are at times comparisons with Klinsmann lol. I see some 'physical'/facial resemblance and that's about it lol.

p.s. You didn't find out anything about Diesler's book?

nothing about the book yet, i think it was just released in germany so let's see what they are going to do with it in other countries.

about my club: well, we are getting ripped apart week after week it seems and i can not see any end to it.we are plain and simply lacking quality. some talented players here and there, but nobody that is really having that attitude you need to say "fuck it, let's do this"

if we concede a goal we allready lost, pretty much. big teams just keep on scoring and smaller teams score one and build up their defence. and we do not have the manpower to rip them apart after that.

about kiessling: there were some big clubs trailing him before he left for leverkusen (arsenal afaik). his performances are on a good level for about a year now, he starts to tap them in, but as you said - not that convincing yet. he needs to proof himself a little bit more.

but still - i think he would have deserved to be called up to the national team in front of the likes of klose, podolski and gomez who did nothing so far this season regarding performance.

Yah I think he should be given a chance. Personally not a fan though and yah I don't think he's proven enough yet!

Cacau (another unconvincing player, inconsistent, sometimes good) is apparently gonna partner Mario up front against Finland! I don't like this at all.

If you're gonna bring a player from another nationality, he must either be GREAT, you must be DESPERATE (kinda like Portugal) or at least he could be young and promising. Cacau is none of these things and although he's been in Germany for a looooooong time and had some good moments with Stuttgart, he's not one player I like to see wearing the German NT colours.

But whatever...

Thomas Mueller is apparently gonna get his chances starting November in some friendlies... that's good to hear!
Khedira gonna be on bench. Hitz + Rolfes partnership in middle, overall I like most of the things Loew does.

cacau will never be in our world cup team 2010.

the strikers for 2010 will be klose, gomez, podolski (sometimes midfield) and maybe kießling or müller. i think löw will get an other system like the classic 4-4-2. maybe with one striker an özil in the back, 2 "6er's" like ballack/rolfes, on the left podolski - on the right schweinsteiger.

the defence is our problem in every tournament... or... before the tournament :) mertesacker is save. metzelder is between two tournaments minimum 1 year injured, but in the summer of an torunament is is back, plays a great tournament an get injured again :D so we got westermann, friedrich, tasci... mh thats not optimal.

on the left defence lahm... on the right maybe boateng or an other youngster.

our goalkeepers are class. its totally equal who will be in our goal. adler, neuer, enke, wiese... all great keepers - if we compare it to other nations (e.g. england and so on). i prefer adler.

so i think it would be a good worldcup for us. since 1954 we lost every second final of euro or worldcup. statistical we win the next final we reach.

with our normally team spirit or new english "teamgeist" - we can make it. we are not the top favorit but one of them.

I prefer Beck on the right and Lahm on the left.

Cacau won't be in WC and I don't see the point of him getting a chance today like he did. Played a very average game and I hope it was his final one for German NT.

Gomez with another very average display. Did nothing really and had a couple good heading opportunities from good crosses which he mis-connected with.

Goalkeeping wise, my 1st choice is Enke and I think Joachim's too but considering the injury problems and the emergence of youngsters like Adler and Neuer, poor Robert has lost his #1 spot and Loew already said Adler is now #1! So unless he messes up badly in future games or gets injured, at this point it looks like the young Leverkusen player will be between the sticks.

I prefer Adler to Neuer at the moment and think he deserves his spot because he's more cool and seems to have better attitude but in the long run, I think Neuer has more potential and could be one of the world's best and fill Oli Kahn's shoes!

Rolfes deserves a spot too. Not just in squad but probably starting line up.

Re: Bundesliga Thread 2009/2010 - "Champion Wolfsburg 2009"

Great to see Dortmund back up into the bigboys area of the League.

So many great players for them..

Sammer, Kohler, Moeller, Chapuisat, Mcleod. Lambert..

can anyone tell me what the heck is going on with the american at schalke, jones?

Which could be hard. Schalke signed a stunning 8 new players over the winter transfer period. They now have 37 guys on the team, 16 of them alone are midfielders. :D
Guess Magath tries to find some good talent before the summer, when some of their stars will most likely be sold due to their precarious financial situation. That might very well apply to Jones, too.

Which could be hard. Schalke signed a stunning 8 new players over the winter transfer period. They now have 37 guys on the team, 16 of them alone are midfielders. :D
Guess Magath tries to find some good talent before the summer, when some of their stars will most likely be sold due to their precarious financial situation. That might very well apply to Jones, too.
hmm i thought he was considered one of the best central middies in the bundesliga before the injury and fallout with magath

His performances were inconsistent, but he sure showed great ability on the pitch every now and then. They don't necessarily want to get rid of him or guys like Kuranyi (who's really at his best right now), but in the end they won't have much of a choice.

Lol Metzelder is coming back to Germany but with Schalke! Wonder how Dortmund fans feel about this... :D :LOL:

Metzelder already played in his youth in Schalke.
But anyway, it will be a tough, if he won't drop good games or even will stay injured a long time.

Back
Top Bottom