Brasileirão 2014 - sauce won again! Bastard! - Congrats Cruzeiro!

Re: Brasileirão State Championships 2009 Final Standings

I see Keirrison as being the next 9 of the national team.. maybe with Pato at his side on the attack..
if he goes well at this brasileirao, reaching top scorer again, Im pretty sure he'll be called, and IMO he has conditions to be in the 2010 World Cup..

and yeah, Traffic and Palmeiras are trying their best to keep him til the end of the year.. and they're right, cuz his price can raise a lot with good games at the brasileirao and libertadores..
but in 2010 it'll be pretty hard to keep him here =/

oh, and brunnoce, I wouldn't put Thiago Neves on the "stablished names" list.. he played less than 10 games for Hamburgo, none of them good enough if I remember correctly..
and if u go with him cuz of being important for the vice-libertadores, Diego Souza could be there too.. anyway, he will be gone soon..

How highly rated is Pato in Brazil? Honestly, I think he has some of the best potential I have ever seen in an attacking player... and I think he can honestly be on top of the world in the future.

Recently Maldini said that Thiago Silva has what it takes to replace him... but Milan fans have only seen him play a few friendlies... same for Mattioni... only played 3 or 4 games, no one knows about all these Brazilians that Leonardo keeps bringing in!

By the way, seeing as now Emerson is a free agent, I dont think i'd be surprised if he went back to Brazil.

The funny thing about Brasileirão is how you can't expect away wins against regular sides.

Some teams are way more solid this season as last transfer window didn't make that damage.

Let's hope this window goes the same way.

@Milanista: I know Rafa has his eyes on Keirrison, but IMO he is not ready yet he is bit of a lightweight a bit like Nilmar, who btw might be going to Palermo.

Edit: About Thiago Silva and brazilians CBs in general,
I remember a couple of years ago we had a discussion at the PLF thread about the difference between highly rated CBs here are there,
Now I'm a completely different person and still haven't figure it out, my guess is that they give to much value for technical abilities instead of defending abilities,
but more important here they seem to dislike CBs that 'go for the win' :P By that I mean define the play as soon as possible and value those who wait for the right moment.
To get dribbled here is kinda of a shame and most CBs like walking backwards watching the opponent then wait for a mistake to take the ball.
Me personally prefer the ones that define it soon and that is one o Cruzeiro biggest problems they give too much space for the opponent giving them usually a couple of easy chances to score, luckily our keeper is kinda of a miracle worker on 1on1 situations.
In short words never trust Brazilian media opinion on CBs just look at cases like Cris and Bordon its a different school.

Last edited:

oh, and brunnoce, I wouldn't put Thiago Neves on the "stablished names" list.. he played less than 10 games for Hamburgo, none of them good enough if I remember correctly..
and if u go with him cuz of being important for the vice-libertadores, Diego Souza could be there too.. anyway, he will be gone soon..

i c what u mean... but i just put him there since he is a player most europeans know, and my intent was to make a "guide" of players they know here ;)

Last edited:

@Milanista
yeh Sauce is right...
just notice that most, maybe 95% of the brazilian CB's that succeed in europe were considered "grosso" here... we call "Grosso" someone that cant handle the ball as a Midfielder or a attacker and just "go for the win" like Sauce said....nothing related to Lyon's Grosso :LOL:

i can name a lot of those such as
Alex - Chelsea
Luisao - Benfica
Naldo - Werder

those players were considered good here, but nothing more than that since theyre were called "grossos" , the brazilian media loves tehchinical Cb's and thats why they love Thiago Silva so much... im in between those 2 opinions...my preference is to have aways a good technical CB and a "grosso" one...that way u get a more solid defense imo.

Re: Brasileirão 2009

Apparently Ramires and Chicão will go to Benfica. I'm really happy about the possibility to have Ramires in my team. About Chicão, I don't think we need him, we have Luisão, Sidnei, David Luiz and Miguel Vitor so no need to get one more centre back.

Fixture 1
Palmeiras 2-1 Coritiba
Avaí 2-2 Atlético Mineiro
Sport 1-1 Barueri
Corinthians 0-1 Internacional
Cruzeiro 2-0 Flamengo
Fluminense 1-0 São Paulo
Atlético Paranaense 0-2 Vitória
Santo André 1-1 Botafogo
Goiás 3-3 Náutico
Grêmio 1-1 Santos

Fixture 2
Coritiba 2-4 Santo André
Flamengo 0-0 Avaí
Atlético Mineiro 2-1 Grêmio
Internacional 2-0 Palmeiras
São Paulo 2-2 Atlético Paranaense
Santos 3-3 Goiás
Barueri 0-0 Fluminense
Náutico 2-0 Cruzeiro
Botafogo 0-0 Corinthians
Vitória 1-0 Sport

Ramires and cruzeiro general manager just gave an interview today saying theres no offer from benfica and thats just tabloid stuff...
i dont think (and i hope our GM is smart enough)that noone will be able to take ramires from us before the end of the libertadores cup.
imo he should hold ramires until the end of theyear no matter what..with him we can achive great things, and his value would skyrocket. its a no brainer , really.

yeah brunnoce, ur right.. if he stays is almost sure his value will raise, but it also deppends on the offer benfica is going to make, if its already a high value or not..

and also about the offer, everytime it's a good player involved it goes that way, one part says it made an offer, the other says it didnt receive any offer, than tabloids says the transfer is certain...

just see Ze Roberto (bayern munich), that said he received an offer from corinthians and was thinking about it, than corinthians directors said there was no offer..

btw, I hope ramires wont show his skills on libertadores.. at least not on the semi/finals.. 'til then its ok ;p

minas gerais press says that CSKA is also on the fight for him with a bigger offer than Benfica, 8m euro. i think thats too low for him, imo 10-12m is a fair value, this guy is a black diamond. a very rare kind of player imo.

press here says its almost a done deal between Ramires and Benfica...u guys will be getting a great player...
now our president is trying to keep him here at least till the end of the libertadores cup...if he doesnt succed we are screwd.

Wait they won't let him play anymore? That doesn't make any sense.
Isn't these transfers now for next season?

European transfers window opens 1st July so I don't see any inconvenient in Cruzeiro keep the player until 15th July. I wish the best luck to Cruzeiro in Libertadores.

Now we are f*cked he was called for confederations cup.
So even if Benfica let it he is out of São Paulo away.
Oh man I'm so sad now, there is no replacement in our squad. :(
Stupid Dunga never calls the guy now when we need him he does!
Bastard should have called some São Paulo players too.

Now we are f*cked he was called for confederations cup.
So even if Benfica let it he is out of São Paulo away.
Oh man I'm so sad now, there is no replacement in our squad. :(
Stupid Dunga never calls the guy now when we need him he does!
Bastard should have called some São Paulo players too.

dude, im with u...im freaking out here too...
wtf is happening with cruzeiro's board???
they should at least call the trasnfer off now, the guy will double his value after this conf.cup, thats for sure....
btw i think he will be able to play next wend. against sp
thats waht we need the most since wagner will be back for the 2nd leg next month.

Last edited:

Can you tell us more about him? Thanks! I hope you can find a replacement soon.. I think he'll stay until the end of Libertadores, right?

Can you tell us more about him? Thanks! I hope you can find a replacement soon.. I think he'll stay until the end of Libertadores, right?

yeh, thankfully yeh

well about ramires , the main thing i can say is that he is an energetic player...hes the kind of CMF that can break the oposition manager scheme with a run...his best quality imo is his ability to find gaps with his runs...offcourse he will need to be feed but evan without a good feed player he can find himslef great oportunities in front of the goal by carring the ball too...
the guy is a CMF who can attack wonderfully and can also defend pretty well.
its a great all around player, his downside was that he was way untechnical, aways missing passes and shots but he changed all that last year and now he can pass decently and finnish like a striker ocasionally.
trust me, u gonna love this guy, a rare kind of player nowdays.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to see him playing, and I'll make sure I follow your games against São Paulo...anyway, my biggest 'worry' is his body..I hope he can adjust to our physical football. I've heard he's a warrior on the field, let's see...

Where have the updates gone from this thread

Here mate:

Fixture 3
Corinthians 2-1 Barueri
Cruzeiro 2-0 Vitória
Goiás 0-1 Internacional
Atlético Paranaense 2-3 Náutico
Grêmio 2-0 Botafogo
Fluminense 1-4 Santos
Palmeiras 0-0 São Paulo
Santo André 1-2 Flamengo
Sport 2-3 Atlético Mineiro
Avaí 2-2 Coritiba

Fixture 4
Coritiba 1-3 Goiás
Atlético Mineiro 0-0 Santo André
Botafogo 2-2 Sport
Flamengo 2-1 Atlético Paranaense
São Paulo 3-0 Cruzeiro
Santos 3-1 Corinthians
Náutico 1-1 Fluminense
Vitória 1-0 Grêmio
Barueri 2-2 Palmeiras
Internacional 2-1 Avaí

Fixture 5
Grêmio 3-0 Náutico
Santo André 3-3 Santos
Corinthians 2-0 Coritiba
Palmeiras 2-1 Vitória
Sport 4-2 Flamengo
Avaí 0-0 São Paulo
Atlético Paranaense 0-4 Atlético Mineiro
Cruzeiro 1-1 Internacional
Fluminense 1-0 Botafogo
Goiás 2-2 Barueri

Fixture 6
São Paulo 1-1 Santo André
Sport 0-1 Atlético Paranaense
Botafogo 2-0 Santos
Coritiba 5-0 Flamengo
Fluminense 0-0 Grêmio
Goiás 0-0 Corinthians
Atlético Mineiro 3-0 Náutico
Internacional 0-0 Vitória
Palmeiras 3-1 Cruzeiro
Barueri 3-1 Avaí

Fixture 7
Atlético Paranaense 2-2 Palmeiras
Vitória 4-3 Botafogo
Santo André 2-1 Sport
Grêmio 2-2 Goiás
Náutico 0-1 Coritiba
Avaí 3-2 Fluminense
Santos 2-3 Atlético Mineiro
Corinthians 3-1 São Paulo
Flamengo 4-0 Internacional
Cruzeiro 2-4 Barueri

Atlético Mineiro is leading the table with 17 points, 3 ahead of Internacional. Vitória and Palmeiras complete the G4. Avaí, Botafogo, Sport and Atlético Paranaense are last.

Re: Brasileirão 2009 | SC Corinthians Paulista - Brazilian Cup Winners

Libertadores no Centenário
Timão is back!

corinthians_1_800.jpg

Fixture 8
Barueri 4-2 Atlético Mineiro
Atlético Paranaense 1-0 Corinthians
São Paulo 2-0 Náutico
Cruzeiro 1-0 Avaí
Botafogo 1-4 Goiás
Fluminense 0-0 Flamengo
Sport 3-1 Grêmio
Internacional 3-0 Coritiba
Vitória 4-1 Santo André
Palmeiras 1-1 Santos

Fixture 9
Flamengo 2-1 Vitória
Santos 1-0 Sport
Santo André 1-1 Barueri
Atlético Mineiro 1-1 Botafogo
Coritiba 2-0 São Paulo
Grêmio 4-1 Atlético Paranaense
Goiás 1-0 Cruzeiro
Avaí 0-3 Palmeiras
Náutico 0-2 Internacional
Corinthians 4-2 Fluminense

Fenomenal hat-trick:
YouTube - Ronaldo Fenômeno Scores 3 Goals - Corinthians 4-2 Fluminense - Brasileirão 08/07/2009

That third finish was just perfect, you knew it was gonna be a goal when it came out to him.

I just wish he could lose a couple more pounds.

Fred back in Brazil and I hear him and Fluminese aren't doing too well. :P True?

Ronaldo back of course too but he's still got it! :D

p.s. I remember a few years back, Fabio Simplicio being the engine of Sao Paulo's midfield and Grafite upfront (though some didn't like him and some did). You guys think they'll come back? Obviously not this summer as they both are fancied by many European clubs but eventually a return to SPFC? I can see Simplicio doin that... for now either stay in Palermo or maybe go to Lazio. And Grafite is staying with the German champs for now.

Fred back in Brazil and I hear him and Fluminese aren't doing too well. :P True?

True! And I'm loving it! Hahaha! :D

Does anyone know anything about Hernanes being transfered from São Paulo to Fenerbahçe? Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

I heard about it too but don't know if it's true or official yet.

Look who it is!! :D
Great to see you again Walt. Hope all's well amigo. :)

Just noticed I misspelled FlumineNse. I wonder if Cruzeiro was at all interested in taking Fred back from Lyon by the way. Or perhaps they didn't come in for him... and thought they don't need him?

Well Fred would be very welcome here and there was even speculation at the time, but we just had signed Kleber and we couldn't afford Fred salary I think.
Fluminense offer was better and he chose them, some Cruzeiro fans even called him a traitor saying he preferred money.
Cruzeiro expectations these last 4 years been absolute low, our board doesn't want to spend at all. And our coach is kinda of annoying when it comes to which players he wanna work with.

Now about how he is doing a Flu, I have no clue, lately the only time I see other teams is when they face us.

About Hernanes I thought it was just speculation, but São Paulo confirmed that he might leave now, but they didn't mention where.

And Keirrison won't stay at Barca, they will loan him out even without the David Villa deal.

Back
Top Bottom