Bio Shock Infinite

jonnyluvrod

Championship
9 August 2005
Walsall
Liverpool
There doesn't appear to be a thread on this wonderful game.

Just like to say it's an incredible game. Complete breath of fresh air been blown into the series with moving to the skies as it's setting.

Colorful and bright as opposed to dreary and dark like the first two games.

Only played a few hours so far but very impressed and happy with it's new direction. Oh and the Skyhook tool is great fun!

I hadn't really followed it but watched the first 5 minutes video last night and was quite impressed, they don't do demos for their games do they? Saw a steam key for about 23 euros but not sure if even at that price it's 100% my kind of thing.

I hadn't really followed it but watched the first 5 minutes video last night and was quite impressed, they don't do demos for their games do they? Saw a steam key for about 23 euros but not sure if even at that price it's 100% my kind of thing.

GreenManGaming has a cracking offer on at the moment.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

You could pay £23.99, sell the other games for £10 or so, and Bioshock Infinite would end up costing £13.99.

There doesn't appear to be a thread on this wonderful game.

Just like to say it's an incredible game. Complete breath of fresh air been blown into the series with moving to the skies as it's setting.

Colorful and bright as opposed to dreary and dark like the first two games.

Only played a few hours so far but very impressed and happy with it's new direction. Oh and the Skyhook tool is great fun!

how did u get the game? ps+?

I'm expecting high scores for this. Bioshock 1 and 2 are right up there with my favourite games of all time.

It's obviously a bit dodgy that IGN got the first go on a review but I'd be surprised if it doesn't get very high scores anyway.

@Dags I went with Bioshock 1,2,3 for £24 as I hadn't played the first two, won't redeem the keys yet, will play number 3 first and see if I like it, if so I might play the other two, if not sell them on :)

It's very common for a nudge nudge wink wink exclusive review to be agreed, I don't think money crosses hands but it's obviously implied that we're giving you it early for review, you're getting extra ad revenue so be nice to us...

Yeah I expect it to be a very good game. I just dont trust ign to be as critical as they could be. There might be something there that irritates like its very repetitive or the powers are useless like in the first and everyone tended to just go with electric + guns. Won't stop me wanting to play but would delay me going out day 1 buying it and instead see what gamers opinions are.

I've skipped a bunch of games the past year that I wanted but then heard things from gamers that just turned me off. Like far cry 3, sounded great, had positive reviews... Then I read some stuff like Drek's thought on here and thought "that would bother me a lot and ruins enjoyment... So I'll just get something that ticks all boxes instead".
Now months later its got patches and improvements and its worth a look again now.

Or like sky rim on ps3. Broken shoddy half arsed port that had amazing reviews... I tried it, hated the broken mess it was and even though its been improved since. I just don't have that interest to jump in anymore. Like the itch was scratched.

Last edited:
@Dags I went with Bioshock 1,2,3 for £24 as I hadn't played the first two, won't redeem the keys yet, will play number 3 first and see if I like it, if so I might play the other two, if not sell them on :)

that's a fantastic deal, if you like FPS with a good plot and drenched in atmosphere, you'll love them. I think Infinite is very different to the other two so it'll still be worth trying the first two games.

I found Bioshock quite compelling and gripping but Bioshock 2 was just dull and repetitive in comparison.

I found Bioshock quite compelling and gripping but Bioshock 2 was just dull and repetitive in comparison.

I read that the second game was done by a different dev team was basically just cashing in. Infinite is by the team that did the first game and it shows, apparently.

Went for the £23.99 deal myself. Already got the other games so selling Bioshock 1, Civilization V and XCom (when I get the key).

I read that the second game was done by a different dev team was basically just cashing in. Infinite is by the team that did the first game and it shows, apparently.

Went for the £23.99 deal myself. Already got the other games so selling Bioshock 1, Civilization V and XCom (when I get the key).

I got it from Get Games, £23.99 and got Bioshock 1, XCOM and Civ 5 with it, so will sell XCOM, Bioshock and Civ 5, own them all but should maybe get an average trade for them on steam.

BioShock Infinite + BioShock + XCOM + Civilization V

Here is the link:
http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/bioshock-infinite-bioshock-civilization-v

From what I recall it was just pretty much more of the same. Plot wasn't as good though.

Great move by changing the setting this time though.

how long is it? i mostly rent games these days unless there are a lot of solid hours of gameplay.

Watched Adam Sessler's review and it sounds like this could not only be the game of 2013 but possibly go down as one of the all time best.

I've not read anything about the powers though and if they're more useful and if the game asks you to mix things up. The first game was just electric + gun and the other powers were almost useless. I'm hoping this game is more open to experimentation so if I fancy a certain power.... I'm not handicapped the rest of the game because of it.

Anyone know if this issue is solved?

Well I'm a few hours in... Thankfully the 'powers' seems much more varied and there doesn't seem to be any stand out obvious power that is far more useful than others. The story is a little... Erm... It sort of throws you in and doesn't explain much. But it's doing some flashbacks here and there to fill the blanks in.

One odd thing so far with the story is the girl in the game has spent her life locked away... So when you get to her... In one breath she's acting like being locked away is something she is aware of... Like she knows she's a prisoner. But then she seems annoyed by it. I don't know... It's kind of an odd reaction. She's a prisoner but yet she seems to know so much about the outside world.

Maybe that's part of the mystery of her and will be explained in the story?

Well I'm a few hours in... Thankfully the 'powers' seems much more varied and there doesn't seem to be any stand out obvious power that is far more useful than others. The story is a little... Erm... It sort of throws you in and doesn't explain much. But it's doing some flashbacks here and there to fill the blanks in.

One odd thing so far with the story is the girl in the game has spent her life locked away... So when you get to her... In one breath she's acting like being locked away is something she is aware of... Like she knows she's a prisoner. But then she seems annoyed by it. I don't know... It's kind of an odd reaction. She's a prisoner but yet she seems to know so much about the outside world.

Maybe that's part of the mystery of her and will be explained in the story?

Probably best you kill her off. She sounds like high maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom