Big Slowdown Issue ATI X1950

paokkerkir

Minanda for Ballon d'Or
14 August 2005
Greece
PAOK FC
OK so here it goes.. I have an ATI X1950 video card, and have terrible issues with PES2008. While the demo ran perfectly smooth in High/1024x768, the full game stutters in ALL quality levels and resolutions.Tried every possible combination but nothing worked. Also tried patches, new drivers but nothing worked. What can I do to play pes2008 normally? I have Windows XP.

I have the same card X1950 and on XP without frameskipping it's great, however my main hard drive with everything else on it is running with Vista and the game is really quite rubbish. It's slow as hell with frameskipping off and fast and jerky with it on. Apparently Konami have said the game isn't optimised for Vista. Idiots.

Same card for me without frameskipping and enable V-Sync slowdown, with frameskipping and V-Sync enable work fine.

My driver ATi Catalyst 7.10.

Bhuna your driver

Hi,
I've a X1950GT AGP on P4@2,53GHz.

I've tried everything: new Catalyst (7.11), v-sync, new surface...

And the result is: with a X1950GT I can play decently only at LOW DETAILS. The resolution is a particular: if I play at 640x680 at high details there are problems of fluidity!

Is it possibile? Anyone with my same CPU have these results?

Thanks

Hi,
I've a X1950GT AGP on P4@2,53GHz.

I've tried everything: new Catalyst (7.11), v-sync, new surface...

And the result is: with a X1950GT I can play decently only at LOW DETAILS. The resolution is a particular: if I play at 640x680 at high details there are problems of fluidity!

Is it possibile? Anyone with my same CPU have these results?

Thanks
How much RAM do you have installed on PC?

1gb (PC2700 333MHz).

2x512mb (Elixir e Samsung)

Is it a problem of the game or mine?

Another thing: is it normal that when PES 2008 is running the CPU works at 80-90%?

Last edited:
I have an X1650 with 2GB of RAM on a Core Duo 3ghz and have the same problems, cannot run it smoothly unless I play it on LOW settings. Have updated everything, is my card really that bad?

Any help would be appreciated

I also have

Pentium D 925 3.0 Ghz,
Win XP Prp,
2 GB DDR2 SDRAM 667 MHZ,
200 GB hard drive,
Saphire ATI RADEON 1950 GT 512 MB 256 biTS.

Enabled V-sync for pes08.My gaming PC plays anything including crisis on high setting. PES2008 I do play on 1600 x 1050 setting, even though i set my TV resolution to 1776 x 1050. So i can play wide and it looks like regular 1260 x 768 resolution normal long.

im on a 8600GTS and now and again long balls, seem to cut down on FPS a fair bit. but why is it limited at 60?

should be unlimited tbh.

im on a 8600GTS and now and again long balls, seem to cut down on FPS a fair bit. but why is it limited at 60?

should be unlimited tbh.

Its only capped at 60 becuase you check V sync. If you unticked it the game goes haywire for some reason, which means that if you want it stable just leave it on. 60fps is waay enough anyway, you dont need anymore than that.

which system is better guys cos i dont know please help.

system 1
xp pro
ati radeon x1600 512 mb card
amd athalon 3200 (2ghz) cpu
1.768 gb ddr ram

system 2
vista home
ati radeon x1650 pro 512mb card
intel core duo 2 cpu @ 2.66ghz ????? what does that mean
2gb ddr2 ram @ 667 mhz

please help cos i think they are very similar but idont know a thing about pc.
by the way 2008 runs fine on system 1 on medium.as does shadow of chernobyl which i understand is a hard game to run?????? as i said i dont know.lol

how much better is it tho bud. and why would xp improve its running performance.will it run pes 2008 ?????????

OK so here it goes.. I have an ATI X1950 video card, and have terrible issues with PES2008. While the demo ran perfectly smooth in High/1024x768, the full game stutters in ALL quality levels and resolutions.Tried every possible combination but nothing worked. Also tried patches, new drivers but nothing worked. What can I do to play pes2008 normally? I have Windows XP.

paokkerkir I'd answer in greek but nobody else would understand...

I had exactly the same problem with my ATI X1900 but I used vista. When I installed windows XP on my computer every game ran smoother and in a great quality.

As for PES2008, now I run it on high details and 1600X1050 resolution without any problem, while with vista I could only run it on medium detail

Hi! I have a amd dual core x2 4200+ (working at 2400 ghz) , with a 2600xt ddr3 512 mb and windows vista , 3 gb ddr2 667 mhz working in dual channel mode (2 dims of 1 gb and 2 of 512 mb)..and i can't run the game on high resolution without experiencing a lot of slowdowns..I already installed all the patches that konami released and tried to play with LOD..don´t i meet the required specs ? What the hell..Thx in advance.

If you have a CRT monitor make sure you play at 60Hz(bleh). This is the only refresh rate that all PES games run smoothly on. Apparently Konami thinks TVs and monitors are the same :-/

It doesnt seem to be the case with PES2008 though . My 8800GT plays it fine without forcing the refresh rate to 60hz , but you are correct with all the others before it as even PES6 had to be forced to run at 60hz for the smoothest play

Back
Top Bottom